This Crack Chicken Recipe is incredibly creamy, cheesy, and loaded with crispy bacon. It’s definitely a family-friendly dinner that takes less than 5 minutes to prep. Naturally low carb and keto-friendly this recipe provides the instructions for Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
I love making easy and quick Instant Pot recipes. You only have to throw in the ingredients and it magically cooks the food.
While I enjoy spending time in the kitchen, creating delicious recipes for my family there are very busy days in which all I want is a warm and quick recipe. Of course, deliciousness is one important factor, so this crack chicken recipe is definitely a winner for our weeknight dinners.
What’s not to love about a cream cheese loaded chicken recipe that’s warm and delicious. It’s equally creamy as my marry me chicken recipe, cream cheese stuffed chicken, or our popular chicken bacon ranch casserole.
I’m glad I tried this crack chicken recipe because it’s become a family favorite – super comforting and easy to prep. It needs only ingredients you have on hand and they transform into the best shredded chicken dip.
- Reasons You’ll Love This Crack Chicken Recipe
- What is Crack Chicken?
- Crack Chicken Ingredients
- How to Make Crack Chicken?
- How to Serve Crack Chicken?
- Can I Use Frozen Chicken?
- How To Store
- Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crack Chicken Recipe
Reasons You’ll Love This Crack Chicken Recipe
- Only 5 minutes of prep
- Easy to make and incredibly tasty
- Naturally low carb and gluten-free
- Tons of ways to serve
- A family-friendly favorite dinner in our house
- Perfect to use up those chicken leftovers
What is Crack Chicken?
This crack chicken is the perfect combo of shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and ranch seasoning. It’s definitely an incredibly addictive meal and everyone keeps asking for more. You’ll end up eating the most creamy, richest meal with tons of flavor in each bite.
Crack Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken – I used chicken breast but this recipe is so delicious with boneless/ skinless chicken thighs.
- Cheese – The quality of the ingredients is so important as a high-quality cheddar cheese will intensify the taste. Feel free to replace the cheddar cheese with low moisture Mozzarella, Pepper Jack Cheese or Provolone. You’ll also need high-fat cream cheese, we don’t want low fat here.
- Ranch Seasoning – To make a homemade seasoning you have to combine all the ingredients listed below in the recipe card. I prefer making ranch seasoning at home to avoid all the unnecessary and unhealthy ingredients. Often store-bought ranch seasoning contains Maltodextrin (worse than sugar), Monosodium Glutamate (which enhances the flavor but is very toxic for the body), Starches, etc.
- Chicken broth – Water will work fine too but chicken broth adds so much extra flavor to the instant pot crack chicken.
- Bacon – I always read the ingredients link of the products I buy, so I can avoid the sugars and nitrites that are often added to processed foods. It’s super easy to make oven baked bacon that’s mess free and super crispy.
- Instant Pot – I own a medium 6 quart Instant Pot, so that’s what I use for my recipes.
How to Make Crack Chicken?
- To make Crack Chicken in a slow cooker add the chicken, cream cheese, chicken broth, and seasonings.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to cook for 8 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks or your favorite method
- Add the chicken back to the pot and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Let it cool and then mix it with the chicken.
How to Serve Crack Chicken?
Crack chicken is super creamy and can be enjoyed in many different ways. Some of my favorite ways to eat crack chicken:
- Crack chicken with a side salad– Simply make a greens salad with your favorite dressing and enjoy.
- Crack chicken sandwiches– Serve it with your favorite low carb burger buns or top a slice of my keto bread.
- Crack chicken lettuce wraps – Place a few tablespoons of crack dip into lettuce to make delicious keto lettuce wraps or use my egg-free coconut flour wraps.
- Crack Chicken with roasted veggies such as broccoli or cauliflower
- Crack Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower.
- On top of steamed zucchini noodles or spinach.
- Enjoy it as it is with a fork straight from the pot.
- As a dip for celery or tortilla chips.
There are tons of different ways to enjoy crack chicken. What’s yours?
Can I Use Frozen Chicken?
Yes, using frozen chicken is totally fine in this crack chicken recipe. Just adjust the cooking time.
When I’m making this recipe with frozen chicken I cook on manual for 25 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of natural release. Release all the pressure and shred the chicken.
How To Store
- Fridge: Store leftover crack chicken recipe in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: To reheat use the microwave or the slow cooker. You can add a tablespoon of butter or chicken broth to prevent the chicken from drying out.
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
- One-Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Easy Crack Chicken Recipe
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 slices bacon
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Instructions
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Set the instant pot to the saute mode. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate, drain the fat and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Press “Cancel” to stop the Saute Mode.
- Add the chicken breast, cream cheese, chicken broth, and all the ranch seasoning ingredients into the pot. Close the lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 15 minutes, then 10 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat and release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and a third of the bacon pieces. Combine until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with keto buns, topped with extra bacon bits, cheese, and green onions.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: