Are you tired of those boring dinner recipes and want to enjoy something different and flavorful with your family? Then you are in the right place; we’ve collected 25 Cajun dinner recipes that are super easy to make using only a few ingredients.
Cajun refers to a culture and cuisine that originated in Louisiana, USA, primarily among the Acadian people who were expelled from Canada by the British in the 18th century. It consists of hearty ingredients like seafood and sausage loaded with bold, spicy, and tons of flavor.
Main Ingredients In
– Holy Trinity – The “holy trinity” is a blend of three vegetables: onions, bell peppers, and celery. This combination is used as a base for many Cajun dishes and provides a lot of flavor.
– Sausage – Andouille is one of the most used sausages in many recipes, like jambalaya and gumbo.
– Seafood – Louisiana’s proximity to the Gulf of Mexico means that seafood is a prominent ingredient in Cajun dishes. Crawfish, shrimp, oysters, and catfish are just a few examples of popular seafood options.
– Rice – a staple ingredient.
The Best And Most Popular Cajun Recipe
– Jambalaya – a dish made with cooked rice, a mix of shrimp, and a variety of meat, including chicken and sausages.
– Gumbo – a popular recipe in Cajun and Creole cuisine, gumbo is made from a variety of meat and vegetables thickened with a sauce made from flour and oil.
SIDE DISHES FOR CAJUN RECIPE
– Dirty Rice – Made with rice and ground meat, this flavorful and hearty side dish is a staple in Cajun cuisine.
– Coleslaw Salad
– Roasted Vegetables