Are you tired of those boring dinner recipes and want to enjoy something different and flavorful with your family? Then you are in the right place; we’ve collected 25 Cajun dinner recipes that are super easy to make using only a few ingredients.
Starting from easy chicken recipes to mouthwatering shrimp dinner ideas, you will find a recipe for everyone in this post. So choose your favorite ones and impress your family and friends.
Loaded with bold and spicy flavors, these satisfying recipes are all inspired by Cajun cuisine and can be the perfect choice for your next dinner or weeknight meal.
What Is Cajun?
Cajun refers to a culture and cuisine that originated in Louisiana, USA, primarily among the Acadian people who were expelled from Canada by the British in the 18th century. It consists of hearty ingredients like seafood and sausage loaded with bold, spicy, and tons of flavor.
Commonly used spices in Cajun cuisine include cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Some popular Cajun dishes include jambalaya, gumbo, crawfish étouffée, and boudin sausage.
Main Ingredients In Cajun Cuisine
- Holy Trinity – The “holy trinity” is a blend of three vegetables: onions, bell peppers, and celery. This combination is used as a base for many Cajun dishes and provides a lot of flavor.
- Sausage – Andouille is one of the most used sausages in many recipes, like jambalaya and gumbo.
- Seafood – Louisiana’s proximity to the Gulf of Mexico means that seafood is a prominent ingredient in Cajun dishes. Crawfish, shrimp, oysters, and catfish are just a few examples of popular seafood options.
- Rice – a staple ingredient.
- Cajun Seasoning – This blend of spices is a crucial component of Cajun cooking and typically includes cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
The Best And Most Popular Cajun Recipes
Cajun cuisine it’s known for its variety of delicious and flavorful recipes. Here are interesting recipes that you might hear of:
- Jambalaya – a dish made with cooked rice, a mix of shrimp, and a variety of meat, including chicken and sausages.
- Gumbo – a popular recipe in Cajun and Creole cuisine, gumbo is made from a variety of meat and vegetables thickened with a sauce made from flour and oil.
- Red Beans and Rice
- Po’Boys – a sandwich made from fried seafood and roasted beef.
Side Dishes For Cajun Recipes
Since Cajun cuisine is loaded with many bold flavors and a mixture of many spices, the side dishes accompanying them have to pair perfectly. Here are some ideas:
- Dirty Rice – Made with rice and ground meat, this flavorful and hearty side dish is a staple in Cajun cuisine.
- Coleslaw Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
Skillet Cajun Spiced Fish with Tomatoes
Pan Seared Cajun Salmon
Creamy Salmon With Pasta Alfredo and Cajun
Cajun Baked Cod
Cajun Whole Roast Chicken
Easy Cajun Butter Chicken Breasts
Cajun Air Fryer Chicken Bites
Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
Cajun Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Cajun Chicken and Vegetables
Spicy Cajun Shrimp
Cajun Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
New Orleans Gumbo with Shrimp and Sausage
Cajun Spicy Tomato Soup
Cajun Chicken Soup Recipe
Cajun Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
Cajun Cabbage Stew
Real Cajun Jambalaya
Cajun Pork Chops
Cajun Honey Pork Bites
Cajun Chicken Salad
Cajun Deviled Eggs
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: