If Starbucks is your go-to coffee spot, you might be curious about what keto-friendly options are available. Rest assured, you don’t have to give up on Starbucks coffee just because you’re following a ketogenic diet. You can still indulge in your favorite low-carb coffee beverages. Learn how to order your favorite coffee with a few adjustments so you can enjoy your favorite Keto Starbucks Drinks.
1. Request Sugar-Free Syrups: Starbucks offers sugar-free alternatives for many of their syrups. You can ask for a sugar-free version or choose unsweetened options. 2. Choose Sugar-Free Milk Alternatives: Opt for unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, or heavy cream instead of regular milk or sweetened milk options.
3. Skip Whipped Cream and Toppings: Request your drink without whipped cream or any sugary toppings. 4. Be Mindful of the Drink Size: Smaller sizes typically have fewer carbohydrates, so consider ordering a smaller size to keep your carb intake in check.
Many Drinks Contain Sugar By Default Many Starbucks drinks come with simple sugar syrup, which can add anywhere from 5 to 30 grams of net carbs, depending on the size. Make sure you ask if there’s a sweetener (Starbucks calls it “Classic”), or say “no Classic” when you order.
Say No to Sweetened Whipped Cream In some places, Starbucks whipped cream is made with sugar or vanilla syrup. Make sure to ask your barista all about the brands they’re using to make the coffee. Some heavy creams contain way too many carbs to be considered keto-friendly.
Coffee with Almond Milk When you order a coffee at Starbucks, keep in mind that 1 cup of almond milk contains 5g net carbs and 60 calories. Probably a coffee drink won’t have that much almond milk, but be sure to ask for unsweetened almond milk.
– Fresh Brewed Coffee – Starbucks’ hot, black coffee contains no carbohydrates or sugars, which is excellent news for keto dieters.
– Shots of Espresso – This short shot of rich coffee contains about 1g of net carbs and 5 calories per shot of espresso at Starbucks.
– Low Carb Mocha – Order a short Mocha with skinny sugar-free mocha sauce and replace milk with half heavy cream and half water. This delicious drink has only 1g net carbs and 55 calories.
– Flat White – Yes, it’s possible to enjoy this drink too, even if you are on a keto diet.
Sous Vide Egg Bites: Starbucks offers various flavors of Sous Vide Egg Bites, which are high in protein and low in carbs.
– Meat and Cheese Plate – This flavorful, salty meat and cheese platter is an excellent accompaniment to your keto Starbucks drink, mainly because it has no net carbs.