Last updated on 8/28/2019
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We have three ways of collection information from and about you. They are:
- Personally provided information: The first is information received from you in your interactions with our website. The personal information we may collect under this category includes (but is not limited to): your name, contact information, and your date of birth.
- Location based information: If you give your consent, we may obtain location-based information from your mobile device or based on your IP address. Also, with your consent, we may use such mobile device location information to provide you with notifications. Other than to provide you the service, we will not use this information to specifically locate you for any other reason. If you will not allow us to utilize your location information, please turn off location services at the device level.
- Automatically provided information: When you visit or access our website, some types of information may be automatically provided to us by your mobile device or computer. Our web servers automatically recognize every user’s/visitor’s domain name or IP address, and may automatically collect information about your browser type, operating system and your internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, time and date stamp, and/or clickstream data.
The information collected under this category are non-personal and non-identifying. They only help us to tailor our website to your needs and enhance your online experience at LowCarbSpark by saving your preferences and to help identify special website features, advertisements and offers that may interest you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use any personal information provided by you to fulfill our contractual obligations to you and provide you with the services you require; to customize the website accordingly to better suit your needs; in processing any request for advice or information; to manage our business; and to identify and protect ourselves against fraud.
We may use your private information to contact you by phone, e-mail, post, social media and other means with information about new services, improved services, industry news and/or relevant legislation changes, upgrades and offers that may interest you.
It is our policy to retain information collected for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific policies, except where prohibited by law. We will only use information collected for the purpose expressly stated herein, and for no other purposes.
We will continue to store and use inactive data for statistical, marketing, archiving, and other analytical purposes.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties who manage and process information on our behalf, including companies that advise/assist us with marketing activities;
- Any individual/company that you ask us to release your private information to; and
Law enforcement agencies, or any third parties that we have the legal obligation to disclose your information to i.e. in connection with a court order.
We do not provide the LowCarbSpark website and its services for the use of children. We do not direct our content or marketing strategies towards children under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect private information from minors.
DATA SECURITY AND SAFETY
To the best of our ability, we have put in place measures that are prohibitive in order to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, revelation, destruction, and alteration. For some sensitive transactions in certain segments of our website, we may use the SSL technology to protect the transmission of information. We deploy a combination of physical, technological, administrative, policy and organizational controls and non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements as we consider appropriate to protect your information.
We however cannot absolutely guarantee any data transmission over the Internet as absolutely secure, and LowCarbSpark will under no circumstances be held responsible or legally liable for any loss/damage or hurt that you may experience via a compromised data transmission/transfer.
ADDITIONAL NOTICE TO USERS RESIDENT IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
Your data protection rights: You have the right to ask us to amend, correct, update, or delete your private information. This means that you can view, update, or change your email marketing preferences, editorial newsletter preferences, and alert preferences. You have the right to object to how we process your private information, as well as the right to restrict the processing of your private information, and/or to request portability of your private information. You may also withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your private information with your consent. You have all rights to make a formal complaint to a data protection authority regarding our collection and use of your private information. LowCarbSpark is always willing to respond to all requests received from persons wishing to exercise their data protection rights in line with relevant data protection laws. You can exercise any of your data protection rights by contacting us, and we will make sure to consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. You however understand that we may ask you to verify your identity so that we can respond successfully to your request.
Legal basis for processing private information: If you reside within the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using your private information described will depend on the private information concerned and the particular context in which we collect it. Nonetheless, it is our practice to only collect your private information where the processing is in our legal interests and not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms or data protection interests. Our legitimate interests typically include providing, improving, maintaining, and enhancing our services, technology, products, and content; ensuring the security of our Services; and conducting marketing activities.
We have provided our users with choices about the collection, use, and sharing of their information. If you have subscribed to receive emails and newsletters from us, you may unsubscribe from the LowCarbSpark website and our services at any time that you wish.