Are you searching for some delicious and easy-to-make cocktails recipes to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year? Look no further. We’ve compiled a list of 25 Cinco de Mayo Cocktail Recipes that are extremely tasty and refreshing.
So, starting from classic margaritas to a delicious combination of fruits and alcohol, this post has everything you will need. So please choose your favorite ones, grab all the ingredients and a shaker, and celebrate.
What’s a better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than with some creative, impressive, and delicious cocktails? In our collection of 25 cocktails recipes, you will find everything for everyone, and you will get to enjoy one of the best drinks loaded with bold and vibrant Mexican flavors.
What Is Cinco De Mayo?
Cinco de Mayo is a holiday celebrated on May 5th every year to commemorate the Mexican army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. It stands as a symbol of the strength and power of Mexican culture.
Although primarily celebrated in Mexico’s Puebla state, Cinco de Mayo is most commonly observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican-American culture and heritage. The holiday is often marked with parades, parties, and traditional Mexican food and drinks such as tacos, guacamole, and margaritas.
Most Popular Cinco De Mayo Cocktails
One of the main ingredients in Cinco de Mayo cocktails recipes is tequila (Blanco, reposed, and Anejo), which gives a distinct flavor to any drink you add. Some popular cocktails include:
- Margarita – made with tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur (such as triple sec) and served with a salt rimmed glass.
- Paloma – made with tequila, grapefruit soda, lime juice, and a salt rimmed glass.
- Michelada – made with beer, lime juice, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, served in a salt rimmed glass.
- Tequila Sunrise – made with tequila, orange juice, and grenadine, garnished with a cherry and orange slice.
- Piña Colada – made with rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and ice, and garnished with a pineapple wedge and cherry.
- Other ingredients that are commonly used in Cinco de Mayo cocktails include agave nectar, fresh fruits, and various herbs and spices such as jalapeños or cilantro.
Low Carb Margarita
Grapefruit Frozen Margaritas
Fresh Strawberry Margarita on the Rocks
Spicy Blood Orange Margarita
Frozen Chocolate Margarita
Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
The BEST Keto Moscow Mule Recipe! – Low Carb Cocktail
Easy Chelada Recipe
Blueberry Basil Mezcal Cocktail
The Perfect Paloma Cocktail
Strawberry Paloma Cocktail
Pineapple Jalapeño Pitcher Margaritas
Triple Citrus Tequila Smash
Mexican Mangonada Drink (Mango Smoothie)
Mint Cucumber & Smoky Jalapeno Margarita
Charro Negro: Mexico’s Twist on Cuba Libre
Agua de Tamarindo
Dulce De Leche Martini
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: