Bulletproof tea is a drink that is very low in carbs and a great way to up the fat intake in a keto diet. Enjoy the health benefits of a bulletproof drink even if you are not a coffee fan.
Golden Milk is a health elixir used for centuries. The main ingredient you need is turmeric.
In this crazy, busy life we should find time to relax and take care of ourselves.
Just thinking about sipping a warm drink in the evening or before bed makes me feel calm and refreshed. Find your golden hour and enjoy a cup of turmeric tea packed with nutrients. Think of what are the things that you are grateful for and spread love and passivity all around you. Be present, enjoy every little thing in life and let your stress go while sipping on this drink.
Ingredients for the Bulletproof Tea
To make a bulletproof tea with turmeric you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp MCT OIL
- 1 tsp or more of turmeric powder
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional
- sweetener to taste
You may be heard of turmeric because it’s the condiment used in many Indian and Asian recipes. The turmeric color is bright yellow.
Your wood spoon will turn yellow if you are using one to mix the ingredients. I call it the “turmeric spoon”.
Turmeric is the most powerful spice on the planet at fighting and reversing many diseases. It contains curcumin, the active compound which has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
How to make a Bulletproof Tea?
Making a bulletproof tea follows the same process as making bulletproof coffee. The difference is that instead of coffee we’ll use tea.
- Make a cup of your favorite tea. I think that black tea is perfect for this high-fat tea.
- In a blender add the tea, the butter or coconut oil, MCT oil, and almond or coconut milk.
- Pulse a few times until the tea becomes frothy and creamy.
- Serve the bulletproof tea topped with cinnamon.
What are the benefits of turmeric?
Consuming turmeric has been proven to have many health benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic.
- Natural painkiller
- Boosts immunity.
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Liver Detoxifier.
- Regulates metabolism and weight management.
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Improves Memory and brain function.
- Helps with various skin conditions.
- Helps with some neurological disorders.
- Lowers Triglycerides
- Diabetes Management
- Arthritis management
Black pepper enhances the absorption of turmeric
Add black pepper to turmeric tea. Yeah! You heard right. A pinch of black pepper, enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine.
So, just by mixing turmeric and a small amount of black pepper, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2000%!
If you are a coffee lover and want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric, use coffee instead of tea. Here’s my Easy Bulletproof Coffee | How to make BPC or Fat Keto Coffee? the blog post that shows exactly how to make it.
Turmeric Bulletproof Golden Keto Milk Tea
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the turmeric and all the spices.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a fine sieve into a cup
- Add the milk and the sweetener (optional).
- Using a blender combine the latte tea, the MCT oil, and the ghee.
- Pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: