This easy keto breakfast sandwich is one of the meals I love to take with me at work. This sandwich is extremely low in carbs, very macro friendly (high protein!) and easy to make. Delicious cheesy eggs, juicy sausage patty, and avocado are united to form an outstanding no-bread sandwich.
Enjoy a sandwich without bread, that’s absolutely delicious, it’s great served cold and holds well together. You won’t even miss the English muffin. Although if you can’t imagine eating a sandwich with no bread, you can make my 90 seconds bread or these fantastic keto buns.
If you love eating breakfast, this recipe is for you!
There are a few keto breakfast sandwiches out there that are incredibly satisfying and delicious. Some of them use eggs as “bun” replacement, and while that’s tasty too, I needed something to hold well so that I can have it for lunch, at work. Using the sausage patties as the bun is a fabulous idea!
It’s a very satisfying meal and keeps me full for a very long time. This is a basic recipe that offers tons of different variations. Use ground turkey, chicken or lean pork meat for a lower fat version. Add your favorite cheese and low carb veggies.
Ingredients for the Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- ground beef, chicken, turkey or pork
- a pinch of salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper
- butter or coconut oil, for frying
- 2 eggs
- cheddar cheese
- tomato slices
- avocado slices
- salt and pepper
- mustard or mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
Instructions for the Keto Sandwich
- Start by making the sausage patties: In a bowl combine the ground beef and seasonings, until well incorporated.
- Roll 2.5 oz ground meat into balls and then flatten them into patties. Cook them for a few minutes on each side.
- Prepare an egg omelet, using two eggs, salt, and pepper. Once you turn the omelet on the other slice add the cheese to melt.
- Assemble the sandwich.
Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- 5 oz ground beef or chicken divided
- a pinch of salt garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper
- 1 tsp butter or coconut oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- 3 tomato slices
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp mustard or mayonnaise
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce optional
- In a bowl combine the ground beef and seasonings, until well incorporated.
- Roll 2.5 oz ground beef into balls and then flatten them into patties.
- Put a pan over medium-high heat and add the butter. Place the sausage patties in the skillet and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove the patties and place them on paper towels.
- Prepare an egg omelet, using two eggs, salt, and pepper. Cook the omelet on medium heat. Once you turn the omelet on the other side, add the cheese to melt. Fold into a triangle.
- Place one of the patties on a plate and top it with a tsp of mustard (or mayonnaise), and hot sauce (optional). Top it with the cheese omelet. Put the avocado and tomato slices on top then top with the other sausage patty.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.