This 90 Second Bread is one of the easiest keto bread recipes you can make in the microwave. It’s super easy to make almond flour or coconut flour 90-second bread that’s fluffy, delicious toasted in some butter. Perfect for sandwiches, grilled cheese, and has only 3g net carbs per serving!
If you love bread, let me tell you that giving up carbs doesn’t mean cutting out your pleasure. I know it might seem challenging initially, but let me tell you that you can make keto-friendly bread that’s ready in under 2 minutes, fuss-free. The 90 second bread with coconut flour is completely grain-free, fluffy, keto, and low carb.
I’m a huge fan of testing keto recipes, and over the years, I wasted expensive ingredients such as almond flour, trying to create the perfect keto bread that has the closest texture and tastes exactly as the loaves of bread I used to eat before starting keto.
If you’re looking for an egg-free keto bread, I have the best recipe for you on the blog!
But, despite not being fully satisfied with the keto bread recipes online, I discovered the 90 second bread recipe. It sounds too good to be true that a simple keto microwave bread satisfies my craving for bread and has the best low carb bread texture.
What is Keto 90 Second Bread?
Keto 90 second bread is the best replacement for high-carb bread, made with low carb ingredients. This grain-free bread is ready in 90 seconds in a microwave. Basically, you combine all the ingredients and microwave them for 1 minute and a half to get an Atkins bread that’s perfectly keto-friendly.
I’m not sure what are the origins of this low carb microwave bread, but it surely refers to a wheat mug bread that’s not low carb. In the keto community, “90 second bread” means a low carb bread quickly cooked in the in the microwave.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a microwave, in the recipe card below, I provide instructions on how you can bake it in the oven and get similar results if not even better. Baked 90 seconds keto bread get a really nice crispy crust.
Ingredients for the 90 Second Bread
I’m so surprised by how simple and easy it’s to make the best keto bread that surprisingly tastes good.
It’s a single serving keto bread recipe, little ingredients are needed and in 90 seconds you can eat a low carb sandwich. Great for grilled cheese too!
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this fluffy bread:
- coconut flour – I love using coconut flour because it’s less expensive than almond flour and you need a smaller quantity. Using any of these grain-free flours delivers tasty results.
- butter – use coconut oil if you want to make a paleo dairy-free microwave bread.
- eggs – helps the batter bind together. Vegan egg replacement is not recommended, so stick to room temperature large eggs in this recipe.
- full-fat cream cheese – adds the creamiest taste. Replace with mascarpone cheese or coconut cream for dairy-free 90 seconds bread.
- parmesan – or cheddar cheese, grated – optional but highly recommended)
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- baking powder
That’s how little ingredients you need to make 90 second bread with coconut flour or almond flour.
You will love my Keto Mozzarella Muffins. Also, a super easy recipe to make and unquestionably tasty.
How to Make 90 Second Bread?
The instructions on how to make the keto bread are so simple to follow. I created a step by step video showing you exactly how to make it.
All you have to do to make the perfect low carb bread in only 90 seconds:
- In a bowl, simply mix all the ingredients: melted butter (or coconut oil), room temperature egg, cream cheese, and parmesan (optional). Use a with a fork to make the process easier.
- Then add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and seasonings and mix until you get a slightly thick batter.
- Grease a microwave-safe bowl with butter or cooking spray and transfer the 90-sec bread batter.
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top it’s firm. If using an oven, bake for about 15 minutes.
- Flip the mug over a plate, allow the bread to cool for a few moments and then slice to make 2-3 even slices.
Tips & Tricks to make the 90 second bread taste great
Wait, that’s not all! Here comes the part that will make this 90 second keto bread appetizing.
In a pan, heat a tablespoon of butter and toast the keto bread on both sides, until it gets a nice crispy color. If your bread is slightly undercooked this step will get rid of the eggy taste and the texture will improve.
I’m now thinking of finding one of those silicone molds, shaped like a slice of bread. If you know where I can find something like this, let me know in the comments below!
Can you replace the coconut flour with almond flour?
The original recipe calls for three tablespoons of almond flour which turned out excellent too, but it’s slightly higher in carbs and calories.
Yes, you can. Just replace the coconut flour with 3 tablespoons of almond flour.
If you want to make the recipe later, pin it on your Pinterest board.
How many carbs are in this keto bread?
The whole recipe with coconut has only 3g net carbs. To figure out the net carbs, all you have to do is to subtract the fiber from the total carbs.
- 286 calories
- 6g carbohydrates,
- 3g fiber
- 3g NET carbs
- 10g protein
- 24g fat
How to Store 90 Second Keto Mug Bread
If you’ll have 90 second bread recipe leftovers by any chance, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
To store 90 second bread in the freezer, wrap slices individually and defrost when ready to eat.
Other Keto Bread Recipes You Can Try:
- Italian Herb Keto Bread • 2g Net Carbs
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread • Low-Carb Recipe
- The best carb-free bread replacement • Oopsie Bread
- Easy Keto Tortilla • Low Carb Naan Bread • Pliable, Egg-Free & 2g net carbs
- Low Carb & Keto Cornbread
- The Best Keto Bagels with Almond Flour
90 Second Keto Bread – Low Carb Bread in a Mug
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe greased bowl/mug.
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top it’s firm.
- Cut the keto bread in half, horizontally.
- In a skillet over mdeium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Toast the keto bread on each side until golden brown! Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.