This 90 Second Bread is one of the easiest low carb bread you can make in the microwave. It’s super easy to make and tastes incredibly toasted in some butter.
Giving up carbs might seem challenging in beginning but after you discover all the great keto recipes, you’ll never want carbs again. The 90 second bread is delicious, fluffy, keto and low in carbs.
Finding the right keto bread recipe, it’s not an easy task. I tried many recipes in my keto journey and what I’m sure of is that none of them will ever be close to the real wheat bread.
I wasted expensive ingredients trying to create the perfect keto bread that has the closest texture and tastes exactly as the loaves of bread I used to eat before starting keto.
But, despite not being fully satisfied with the keto bread recipes online, I decided to try the 90 second bread recipe.
I’m so surprised by how simple and easy it’s to have keto bread that surprisingly tastes good.
How to make 90 second bread?
It’s a single serving keto bread recipe, little ingredients are needed and in 90 seconds you can eat a low carb sandwich. Great for grilled cheese too.
- coconut flour or almond flour
- butter or refined coconut oil*, melted
- full-fat cream cheese or mascarpone cheese or coconut cream
- parmesan or cheddar cheese, grated (optional but highly recommended)
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- baking powder
That’s how little ingredients you need to make 90 second bread with coconut flour or almond flour.
You will love my Keto Mozzarella Muffins. Also, a super easy recipe to make and unquestionably tasty.
Directions for the 90 seconds bread
The instructions on how to make the keto bread are so simple to follow. I created a step by step video showing you exactly how to make it.
All you have to do to make the perfect low carb bread in only 90 seconds:
- In a bowl simply mix all the ingredients with a fork.
- Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe greased bowl.
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top it’s firm.
- Cut the keto bread in half. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks to make the bread taste great
Wait, that’s not all. Here comes the part that will make this 90 second keto bread appetizing.
In a pan, heat a tablespoon of butter and toast the keto bread on both sides, until it gets a nice crispy color. If you bread is slightly under cooked this step will get rid of the eggy taste and the texture will improve.
Now you can have a keto sandwich without all the carbs.
I’m now thinking of finding one of those silicone molds, shaped like a slice of bread. If you know where I can find something like this, let me know in the comments below!
The original recipe calls for three tablespoons of almond flour which turned out excellent too, but it’s slightly higher in carbs and calories, and some people are allergic to almonds.
How many carbs are in this keto bread?
The whole recipe with almond flour has only 3g net carbs. To figure out the net carbs, all you have to do is to subtract the fiber from the total carbs.
- 367 calories
- 6g carbohydrates, 3g fiber
- 3g NET carbohydrates
- 14g protein
- 34g fat
This 90 seconds bread recipe is super low in carbs and makes a single serving. It’s the perfect bread substitute to make if you want it quick.
Can you replace the coconut flour with almond flour?
Yes, you can. Just replace the coconut flour with 3 tablespoons of almond flour.
If you want to make the recipe later, pin it on your Pinterest board.
How to make 90 second Keto Bread? Low Carb & Grain-free
- Melt the butter in the microwave,
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe greased bowl/mug.
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top it's firm.
- Cut the keto bread in half, horizontally.
- In a heated skillet melt one tablespoon of butter.
- Toast the keto bread on each side.