Low Carb Nachos with Mini Peppers are a fun and delicious way to enjoy loaded nachos without the carbs. Loaded nachos are easy to make, perfect for a party, Game Day, snack, or quick dinner.
Wondering if it’s possible to enjoy nachos on a keto diet? Well, that’s true. Replacing the crispy tortilla chips with mini bell peppers turns a higher carb recipe into a keto-approved one.
With nachos, toppings are everything. Get creative and use your favorite nacho toppings. Mine are Pico de Gallo, Cilantro, and Sour Cream.
Watch this quick-step-by-step video below to see how easy it is to make these low carb homemade nachos.
Ingredients for Low Carb Keto Nachos
In this recipe, I used mini peppers to add the crunch that regular tortilla chips bring, but you can batch our crispy keto tortilla chips. The tortilla chips are low carb, gluten-free, and super easy to make.
- 1 lb Mini Peppers
- Ground Beef
- Onion & Garlic
- Seasonings: Salt, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder
- Cheddar Cheese
- Toppings: Cilantro, Sour Cream, Avocado, Green Onion
How To Make Low Carb Nachos
The best part of these baked nachos is how quick they are. Easy to prep with minimal baking, and they’re ready to enjoy. I used ground beef, but you can use leftover chicken or ground Turkey.
- Cook and season the meat.
- Cut the peppers, arrange into a single layer, and stuff with the cooked meat.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and jalapeno slices.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the peppers crispy.
How to Store Keto Nachos
Keep the leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container until you’re ready to reheat. They need to be reheated without any topping in the oven until the cheese is melty.
Classic Nachos vs Low Carb Nachos Macros
A regular serving of nachos with cheese has over 47g carbs while a serving of my nachos with peppers is 4g net carbs, toppings included.
Other Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
- Everything But the Bagel Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Super Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Healthy and Easy Taco Salad
- Keto Taco Seasoning
- Perfect Low Carb Guacamole
Low Carb Nachos with Mini Peppers
- 1 lb Mini Peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef or chicken or pork
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Jalapeno Sliced
- 1 Pico de Gallo recipe
- Sour Cream for drizzling
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro optional
- ¼ cup Sliced Green Onions optional
- Spray a skillet over medium heat with cooking spray.
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic for about 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and fresh parsley.
- Stir constantly until done and set aside.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. You can use regular papers and just cut them into smaller pieces.
- Place the peppers on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Stuff the mini peppers with the cooked meat mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and top with jalapeno slices.
- Bake at 400ºF/ 200ºC for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, or whatever else you want and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: