In this crazy, busy life we should find time to relax and take care of ourselves.
Just thinking about sipping a warm drink in the evening or before bed makes me feel calm and refreshed. Find your golden hour and enjoy a cup of turmeric tea packed with nutrients. Think of what are the things that you are grateful for and spread love and passivity all around you. Be present, enjoy every little thing in life and let your stress go while sipping on this drink.
Golden Milk is a health elixir used for centuries. The main ingredient you need is turmeric.
You may be heard of turmeric because it’s the condiment used in many Indian and Asian recipes. The turmeric colour is bright yellow.
Your wood spoon will turn yellow if you are using one to mix the ingredients. I call it the “turmeric spoon”.
Turmeric is the most powerful spice on the planet at fighting and reversing many diseases. It contains curcumin, the active compound which has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Consuming turmeric has been proven to have many health benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic.
- Natural Painkiller
- Boosts immunity.
- Prevents cancer
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Liver detoxifier.
- Regulates metabolism and weight management.
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Improves Memory and brain function.
- Helps with various skin conditions.
- Helps with some neurological disorders.
- Lowers Triglycerides
- Diabetes Management
- Arthritis management
Want to hear the secret to enhancing the benefits of turmeric?
Add black pepper to turmeric tea. Yeah! You heard right. A pinch of black pepper, enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine. So, just by mixing turmeric and a small amount of black pepper, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2000%!
You can quickly add this recipe to your MyFitnessPal account using this link: Turmeric Bulletproof Golden Keto Milk Tea
Turmeric Buletproof Golden Keto Milk Tea
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp MCT OIL
- 1 tsp or more of turmeric powder
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional
- sweetener to taste
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the turmeric and all the spices.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a fine sieve into a cup
- Add the milk and the sweetener (optional).
- Using a blender combine the latte tea, the MCT oil, and the ghee.
- Pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy.