Learn how to make a keto butter coffee at home and enjoy the extra energy and health benefits. You’ll need some grass-fed butter, MCT oil, and freshly brewed coffee to make this keto coffee. The butter and MCT oil provide energy and help to keep you full and satisfied throughout the day. For a creamier coffee, you can also use heavy cream or coconut milk. If you’re looking for a delicious keto coffee recipe, this is a great option! Enjoy!
The secret to the best keto coffee: add grass-fed butter, coconut oil or MCT oil, and heavy whipping cream to dark coffee. Basically, it means putting fat in your coffee to kill cravings and have instant energy.
But after I tried it, I was so surprised by the creamy taste. If you feel fancy, you can add different spices during the brewing like cinnamon, nutmeg, or ice cubes & vanilla extract.
PS.Do you want to achieve excellent results without the stress of meal planning? You can consider joining my program ACCELERATED WEIGHT LOSS & HEALING KETO MEAL PLAN for expert help & motivation.
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
The bulletproof coffee concept was created by Dave Asprey that claims that after drinking a cup of the delicious coffee “you will have no interest in food for four to six hours” which makes it great for weight-loss”.
Bulletproof coffee is a keto coffee made with butter, ghee, coconut oil, or MCT oil along with keto coffee creamer or other delicious add-ins. It’s a super popular drink in the keto community along with chaffles and keto fat bombs.
This homemade bulletproof coffee is usually used in intermittent fasting because of its properties to keep you full for a longer time and more energized than usual.
So, if you’re not a fan of coffee, you can enjoy a delicious keto bulletproof tea that has similar benefits but it’s made with tea instead of coffee.
Ingredients for Bulletproof Coffee
These are the ingredients I use for 2 servings of the bulletproof coffee. If you want only one serving, use only 1/2 of the ingredients and blend them.
- Coconut Oil and MCT oil
- Grass-fed butter
- Heavy Whipping Cream – It has 30-36% fat. Try to find a lactose free version.
A note on fats
The butter was always blamed because it’s loaded with saturated fat and could lead to heart attacks. Studies show that there is no link between saturated fats and heart disease.
Butter that comes from cows that are eating grass is loaded with vitamin K2 which reduces the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease. Even though most people didn’t hear about K vitamins, they contain a lot of nutrients that fight against bone and heart disease.
Grass-fed butter is an awesome source of butyrate ( short-chain fatty acid ) which has anti-inflammatory properties.
The best oils that boost your metabolism, help you lose fat, especially abdominal fat. Studies show that coconut oil helps you eat less by reducing your appetite and that the people who substitute the daily fats with MCTs burn more calories while resting.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee?
- Add the coffee, coconut oil, and whipping cream into your blender bowl.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until super frothy or use a milk frother.
- Enjoy your frothy, high-fat Bulletproof Coffee.
What are the Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee?
This coffee drink is actually creamy and delicious, but why add butter in coffee? Well, there are some incredible potential benefits:
- Fat loss
- Appetite Suppressant- drinking bulletproof coffee in the morning keeps me full until lunch.
- Increase concentration and attention
- Lowers stress levels
- More energy during the day
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric- Adding spices will increase the health benefits of this keto drink and make it even more delicious.
- Keto-approved sugar substitutes (Stevia Drops to taste)
- Sugar-free Syrups
Using any kind of flavored sugar-free syrup will turn your coffee into a great morning treat. I suggest you don’t overuse sugar-free syrups because the sweeteners contained may stall your weight loss.
Tools You Need To Make This Keto Coffee
I tried to make bulletproof coffee with a hand mixer, but it didn’t turn out so well. So a powerful blender will do the job too (even cheap ones are good!).
Do you want to achieve excellent results without the stress of meal planning? You can consider joining my program ACCELERATED WEIGHT LOSS & HEALING KETO MEAL PLAN for expert help & motivation.
Why Choose Grass-fed Butter – 7 Benefits
Grass-fed butter is higher in many nutrients than regular butter.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter provides 3% more vitamin A than classic butter.
- Great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains 500% more CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid). Studies show that CLA helps with weight loss by changing the body composition.
- Grass-fed butter is rich in Vitamin K2 which has anti-cancer effects.
- Improves the texture of the skin, preventing acne and eczema due to being a great source of retinol.
- Rich source of Vitamin E which is a great antioxidant.
If you are dairy sensitive, you can use Ghee. Some studies show that ghee stimulates a healthy immune system
How Many Cups of Bulletproof Coffee Can I Drink?
You can choose to drink all 2 cups during the day or share it with family or friends.
Make sure you don’t drink too many servings because it might prevent you from losing weight as they are quite high in calories.
Other Delicious Keto Drinks
- Creamy & Thick Keto Hot Chocolate – Sugar-Free Drink
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Bulletproof Vanilla Keto Iced Coffee
- Keto Dalgona Coffee – Sugar-Free Whipped Coffee
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 2 cups coffee
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or Ghee*
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Place coffee, coconut oil, and the whipping cream into your blender bowl.
- Blend for 30 seconds until frothy and creamy.
- Enjoy your creamy bulletproof coffee.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: