This simple, irresistibly luscious coconut milk ice cream is just waiting to be your new favorite dessert. With only 4 basic ingredients, zero added sugar, and the best part – no need for an ice cream maker!
It’s a straightforward yet mouthwateringly dairy-free coconut milk ice cream recipe you’ll be excited to whip up again and again. Your taste buds are in for a real treat!
Calling all the ice cream lovers!! Treat yourself to the ultimate guilt-free indulgence with the best sugar-free coconut milk ice cream. Made from creamy coconut milk and low-carb sweetener, this refreshing sweet treat it’s a great vegan-friendly alternative to traditional ice cream.
Whether you are following a dairy or vegan diet or just craving something sweet but also healthy, this coconut milk ice cream recipe is exactly what you need – an easy and simple creamy ice cream recipe that requires only 10 minutes of prep without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Just imagine a delicious frozen treat that’s creamy, refreshing but also vegan, dairy-free, and sugar-free. Sounds perfect, right?
Why You’ll Love This Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- It’s the perfect sweet treat to make it ahead of time.
- Requires only 10 minutes of prep.
- Made from only low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can enjoy it as a sweet treat or as a topping for your favorite baking desserts.
- Has only 2g net carbs per scoop.
- Taste like regular ice cream but without all those carbs.
- Has a smooth and creamy texture.
- It’s a customizable recipe. Feel free to add your favorite toppings, like berries or nuts.
Ingredients For This Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Once you see how few ingredients you will need to make this delicious ice cream, you’ll never want to buy ice cream from the store again. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Coconut Milk – this is the main ingredient in this ice cream recipe that provides the creamy base for the ice cream. Make sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk, not coconut milk from a carton.
- Sweetener – Feel free to use your favorite low-carb sweetener; just make sure it is powdered to ensure it combines well.
- Vanilla Extract – enhances the flavor profile of the coconut milk ice cream by adding a hint of warmth and depth.
- Salt – used to enhance all the flavors from this coconut milk ice cream
How To Make Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Learn how to make coconut cream ice cream in just a few easy steps. Here is everything you need to do:
Place a loaf pan or an airtight freezer-friendly container in the freezer while making the ice cream base.
Add the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender, and mix until smooth and creamy.
Transfer the coconut ice cream mixture to the pre-frozen container and place it in the freezer.
Let the ice cream freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
For the best creamy texture and ease of scooping, let the ice cream sit out for about 10 minutes to soften slightly at room temperature. Now, you’re ready to scoop up some delightful mouthfuls of your homemade coconut milk ice cream. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- Use full-fat coconut milk since it has a creamier and richer texture than light or reduced-fat versions.
- Let the ice cream soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving it to make scooping easier and ensure a creamy texture.
- Stir into the coconut milk mixture some dark chocolate chips.
- Add your favorite low-carb berries to the ice cream base for a fruity and refreshing flavor.
- Add 2 tsp of peppermint extract and add two tablespoons of chocolate chips for a mint chocolate flavor.
- Drizzle some homemade keto caramel sauce over the coconut milk ice cream before freezing it.
- Mix in some instant espresso powder for coffee-flavored ice cream.
- Stir in some lemon juice and zest for a tangy twist.
- Freezer – store this sugar-free coconut milk ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ice-Cream Keto-Friendly?
Regular ice cream recipes or most ice cream brands you can find on the market are not keto-friendly since they are made with ingredients that are too high in carbs.
However, you can still enjoy delicious ice cream during a keto diet by making a few changes to the ingredients and using only low-carb ones, just like we did in this recipe.
Why Is My Coconut Milk Ice Cream Too Hard?
Due to its lower fat content, coconut milk ice cream can freeze harder than regular ice cream. But there is no problem since you soften it by letting it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before enjoying it.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Place a loaf pan or an airtight freezer-friendly container in the freezer while making the ice cream.
- Add the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the coconut ice cream mixture to the pre-frozen container and place it in the freezer.
- Let the ice cream freeze for at least 3 hours until hardened.
- Remove the coconut milk ice cream for about 10 minutes from the fridge before serving it.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.