Kale sprouts are one of my latest discovery. It is a delicious combination of flavours between Kale and Brussel sprouts. You are going to love my oven roasted keto kale sprouts with bacon!
I want to announce you that I host a KETO PHOTO CONTEST in my Facebook Group Absolute Beginner Keto Course. You can win my KETO FOR ACCELERATED FAT LOSS PROGRAM. Join the group and follow the rules and be the happy winner.
They cook super fast and are incredibly delicious. I am a huge fan of Brussel Sprouts and I knew I will love Kale Sprouts too. The roasted time may depend on the size of the sprouts, but it won’t take more than 15 minutes. If you want them to cook faster, cut the sprouts in half.
This is the first time I tried this new vegetable and I tried to keep it simple, by making a lazy keto recipe. I can’t wait to try new and more complex recipes with this interesting vegetable. There’s another bag waiting for me, so probably I will add some cheese, eggs and sausage and make a Keto Breakfast Casserole.
Where can I find Kale Sprouts?
You can find kale sprouts under the name of “Kalette” / “Lollipop Kale” / “KaleBrux”/ “BrusselKale”. Kale sprouts can be found at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, etc.
Are Kale Sprouts Keto?
They are incredibly easy to cook and have great macros which make them a perfect keto vegetable to eat o a ketogenic diet. It is rich in calcium, iron, vitamin C and vitamin A.
1 cup (85g) provides:
- Calories, 25
- Carbohydrates, 3g
- Fiber, 2g
- Protein, 3g
Ingredients for the Oven Roasted Keto Kale Sprouts with Bacon:
- 1 package kale sprouts ( 8oz )
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 strips bacon
If you can’t find kale sprouts, substitute with Brussel Sprouts and get the same delicious result.
Have you ever tried Kale Sprouts? Let me know in the comments below what’s your favourite recipe.
PS: Do you want to achieve excellent results without the stress of meal planning? You can consider joining my program ACCELERATED WEIGHT LOSS & HEALING KETO MEAL PLAN for expert help & motivation.
Easy Oven Roasted Keto Kale Sprouts with Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet and then roughly chop.
- Trim the kale sprouts ends. Cut in half, lengthwise if they are larger.
- In a bowl add the kale sprouts, the olive oil and the soy sauce and until toss well.
- Roast the kale sprouts in a pan with a lined baking sheet in the oven on the lower third of the oven for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown. Turn them over midway during baking.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve immediately.