This keto breakfast casserole it’s one of my favorite recipes because it’s filled with tons of vegetables, delicious bacon, and eggs. It’s only 4g net carbs per serving and perfect for meal prep.
If you are tired of the classic keto breakfast that consists of bacon & eggs, you will instantly love this breakfast keto casserole. So easy to customize by adding your favorite low carb vegetable and definitely packed with flavor.
Eating a nutrient-dense breakfast, loaded with protein and healthy vegetables will give you energy. This breakfast casserole recipe makes 6 servings, meaning that you have breakfast ready for the whole week or you can share it with your family.
Reasons You’ll Love Keto Breakfast Casserole
- It’s extremely easy to make.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time.
- Super filling – a keto breakfast recipe that keeps me full for hours.
- Super customizable – You can add your favorite low carb vegetables and spices.
Watch the video below, to see just how simple it is to make keto breakfast casserole!
Ingredients for the Keto Breakfast Casserole
You’ll be surprised to see that you can make an excellent keto breakfast recipe with only a few simple ingredients that will surprise your guests. In this recipe, you can use any leftover ingredients you have, add eggs, and any spices you like. For 6 filling breakfast servings you will need the following low carb ingredients:
- Ground Beef – you can replace it with your favorite ground meat, such as chicken, turkey, or pork.
- Eggs – It will help to bind all the ingredients together. Eggs are also the best source of protein.
- Broccoli – I prefer to cut them into small pieces to combine well. You can replace with cauliflower or peppers.
- Mushrooms – your favorite mushrooms, either fresh or canned.
- Bacon – I like to cook my bacon in the oven a few days in advance and use it when I need it. That’s if I don’t eat it until then.
- Cheddar Cheese – I love to grate my cheese for the greatest flavor. If you’re short on time, though, feel free to use pre-shredded cheese.
- Heavy Cream – Gives the entire dish a fantastic texture. If you want to lighten it up, you can use half and half or almond milk instead.
- Onion and Garlic Powder – to taste. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings. A little cayenne pepper for extra spiciness is fantastic.
Get creative and add make the best keto casserole for breakfast. Play around with the ingredients and seasonings. Add more or less to taste.
I added my favorite vegetables in the world: broccoli and mushrooms. They are the perfect vegetables to eat on a ketogenic diet, the ones I use the most on a daily basis.
There is nothing complicated in this recipe, but it takes at least one hour to get it done. You can make it in the evening to have it ready for a proper healthy keto breakfast.
How to Make the Breakfast Casserole?
All you have to do is to follow some easy steps:
- Start by cooking the ground meat until it starts to evenly brown. Discard the fat and transfer to a bowl to keep warm.
- Slice and cook the mushrooms in butter for a few minutes until they start to brown and crisp.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs. cooked ground beef, broccoli, and roasted mushrooms. Pour the egg mixture into a greased oven safe dish. Top with plenty of cheese and crispy bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it rest for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!
Keto Casserole Toppings
I would definitely make the keto breakfast casserole again and maybe add different toppings:
- Spinach, mushrooms, cheese, bacon, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt
- Italian Turkey Sausage, kale, tomatoes, garlic salt
- Ham, cheese, chili peppers, cheddar cheese, seasonings
- Red bell pepper, green (or yellow pepper), green onions, sausage, garlic, rosemary, salt
Assemble the casserole just like I did in this recipe if you want to make it ahead of time. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate until ready to bake, covered with aluminum foil. When ready to enjoy, bake as indicated. It can be stored for up to 2 days before baking.
How Can I Store This Recipe
Fridge: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container.Freezer: If you want to freeze the leftovers, place them in an airtight container and store them for up to one month.
Other Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- Keto Biscuits and Gravy – Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
- Easy 5 minute Keto Oatmeal – Low Carb Cereal for Breakfast
- Breakfast Keto Egg Muffins – Perfect Macros & Low in Carbs
Keto Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole – 4g Carbs per Serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, until the meat it’s no longer pink; drain.
- Add the salt, paprika and onion powder to the meat.
- Slice the mushrooms and cook them in a pan with the melted butter for 5-6 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the whipping cream.
- Add the cooked ground beef, mushrooms, broccoli and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Add the rest of the cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: