If you wake up with a container full of turkey leftovers, you have several options for using up all that delicious meat. You can enjoy it plain, add it to salads and sandwiches over the next week, or transform your leftovers into delectable dishes that everyone will love. I’ve compiled 21 of our favorite keto leftover turkey recipes to help you savor every last bite of that delightful Thanksgiving turkey.
After enjoying a splendid holiday feast with your perfectly cooked turkey, you’re left with delicious leftovers that can easily fit into your Keto or Low Carb diet. Dive into this selection of fantastic Low Carb Keto Leftover Turkey Recipes!
You might find yourself wishing you had cooked an extra turkey once you see all these incredible options for your leftover turkey! Deciding between a hearty casserole, a warming soup, a refreshing turkey salad, or delectable sandwiches might be difficult. However, I must admit, each option looks absolutely amazing!
How to Use Up All Leftover Turkey
Having a significant amount of leftover turkey after a holiday meal can be daunting, especially when you don’t have a large group to help you finish it. Instead of simply storing the turkey for future meals, consider trying out some of these tantalizing dishes to make sure nothing goes to waste.
From soups and keto pot pies to casseroles and chili, there are numerous inventive ways to repurpose leftover turkey. These options transform your turkey into new, exciting meals:
- Whip up various keto-friendly casseroles, perfect for a comforting and satisfying dish.
- Create delicious, low-carb keto soups that warm you up from the inside out.
- Toss turkey into a creamy Alfredo sauce with vegetables, served over zucchini noodles for a light and healthy twist.
- Assemble tasty and crunchy sandwiches using keto bread for a quick and easy lunch.
- Simmer a keto turkey chili that’s so flavorful it might just become a post-holiday tradition.
- Turkey Taco Skillet: Sauté turkey with taco seasonings, peppers, and onions. Serve with lettuce wraps instead of tortillas.
- Turkey Cobb Salad: Mix diced turkey with hard-boiled eggs, avocado, blue cheese, bacon, and greens with a low-carb dressing.
- Turkey Cauliflower Fried Rice: Stir-fry cauliflower rice with chopped turkey, veggies, soy sauce, and egg for a keto spin on a classic dish.
- Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers: Stuff halved bell peppers with a mixture of ground turkey, cauliflower rice, and cheese, then bake.
- Buffalo Turkey Dip: Combine shredded turkey with cream cheese, cheddar, and buffalo sauce and bake until bubbly. Serve with celery sticks.
- Turkey Bone Broth: Simmer the turkey carcass with veggies and herbs to make a rich bone broth that’s great for sipping or as a base for soups.
- Creamy Turkey and Mushroom Skillet: Cook mushrooms and turkey in a creamy sauce and serve over steamed or roasted vegetables.
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps: Mix ground turkey with Asian-inspired flavors and use lettuce leaves as wraps.
- Turkey Stroganoff: Make a keto-friendly stroganoff with turkey and serve it over shirataki noodles or steamed broccoli.
- Turkey and Avocado Salad: Create a refreshing salad with chunks of turkey, avocado, cucumber, and a lemon-olive oil dressing.
- Turkey-stuffed Mushrooms: Use finely chopped turkey as a filling for mushroom caps, top with cheese, and bake until golden.
- Turkey Crust Pizza: Make a pizza crust out of ground turkey and top with keto-friendly toppings like cheese, olives, and low-carb vegetables.
With these ideas, your leftover turkey is sure to be a hit in any form you choose to enjoy it!
How Long to Store Turkey Leftovers
Storing turkey leftovers safely is important to prevent foodborne illness. Here are some general guidelines for storing cooked turkey:
- Refrigerator: Cooked turkey should be stored in the refrigerator within two hours of cooking. Pieces should be removed from the bone and stored in small containers to cool quickly. Cooked turkey can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezer: For longer storage, cooked turkey can be frozen. It should be wrapped tightly in aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or placed in a freezer bag or airtight container. Properly stored, cooked turkey can last in the freezer for 2-6 months for the best quality. While it remains safe beyond that time, the quality may decline.
- Reheating: When reheating turkey, make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat. Reheat only what will be used, as repeated temperature changes can decrease the quality and safety of the food.
Is Turkey Freezer friendly?
- If you’ve purchased a raw turkey that you do not plan to cook immediately, you can store it in the freezer in its original packaging. If the turkey is only in a thin plastic wrap, you might want to add an extra layer of protection by placing it in a freezer bag or wrapping it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
- A whole turkey can be stored in the freezer for up to 12 months for the best quality.
Freezing Cooked Turkey
- Allow the cooked turkey to cool completely before preparing it for the freezer. It’s important to avoid placing hot or warm food directly into the freezer as it can raise the overall temperature, potentially affecting other stored foods.
- Remove the turkey meat from the bones to save space and allow for quicker freezing and thawing.
- Slice or shred the turkey meat and package it in meal-sized portions. Use airtight freezer bags or containers to prevent air from getting in, which can cause freezer burn.
- Press out as much air as possible from freezer bags before sealing them.
- Label the packages with the date and contents.
- Cooked turkey can be kept frozen for 2-6 months while maintaining good quality.
Low Carb Turkey Stuffing Waffles With Thanksgiving Leftovers
Low Carb Turkey Calzones
Low Carb Thanksgiving Sandwich
Leftover Turkey Frittata
Leftover Turkey Cranberry Sandwich – CHAFFLE STYLE!
Easy Low Carb Turkey Noodle Casserole With Leftover Turkey
Low-Carb Leftover Turkey Casserole
Easy Leftover Turkey Casserole Recipe with Mayonnaise
Keto Turkey Soup
Low Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles
Smoky Bacon & Turkey Chowder Recipe
Low Carb Creamy Turkey Soup with Vegetables using Leftover Turkey!
Keto Turkey Casserole
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Creamy Keto Baked Turkey Breast with Cheese Sauce
Keto Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl Recipe
One-Pot Leftover Turkey Soup
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Salad
Low Carb Keto Leftover Turkey Casserole
Creamy Paleo Zucchini Pasta With Artichokes & Turkey
Keto Bone Broth Instant Pot Recipe
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: