This Avocado Ranch Dressing is ultra creamy, super versatile, and flavorful. It’s a delicious ranch dressing that’s perfect for salads or as a healthy dip for vegetables.
Learn how to make this easy avocado ranch dressing that’s secretly healthy, loaded with healthy fats, and it’s always a hit.
You’ll stop using those store-bought bottled salad dressings once you make this creamy ranch dressing at home that’s actually healthy.
If you love ranch as much as we do, you have to try this version that’s equally creamy as our creamy blue cheese dressing, this creamy avocado dressing is going to transform any salad into a culinary delight.
Once I discovered this avocado ranch and its unique and delicious flavor, I made it in advance and stored it in the fridge because it pairs well with pizza, fries, chicken bites, or roasted vegetables.
Why Are You Going To Love This Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe
- Smooth, creamy, and healthy
- It’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- It pairs great with many recipes.
- Easy to make with just a few basic ingredients
Ingredients For Avocado Ranch Dressing
This avocado ranch salad dressing requires only a few common ingredients that are easy to find. Here is a list of everything you will need to create this dressing:
- Avocado – you will need a ripe avocado to mix easily.
- Buttermilk – gives a tangy flavor to this dressing.
- Sour Cream – adds a creaminess and rich texture to this avocado salad dressing.
- Lime – gives a tangy flavor, but you can omit it if you want.
- Cilantro – use fresh cilantro for an intense flavor.
- Garlic&Onion Powder – add extra flavor.
- Dried Dill – you can also use fresh dill for an intense flavor.
- Chilli Powder – you can skip it if you don’t like spicy food or replace it with some smoked paprika.
- Salt – to taste.
How To Make Avocado Ranch
Another reason why I love this avocado salad dressing because it is extremely easy to make without needing any cooking skills. So here is everything you need to do:
- Start by preparing all the ingredients.
- Then add them into a food processor bowl, and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the dressing to a glass jar and store it in the fridge until ready to use it.
Tips For Making The Best Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Let this vegan avocado salad dressing rest in the fridge for a few hours because it tastes even better as flavors have time to develop.
- Make sure you use a ripe avocado to obtain a creamy and rich dressing.
- Add some drops of sriracha if you like to eat spicily.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese to the dressing for a cheesy flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard for a little spice.
- You can make this avocado salad dressing with greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a low fat avocado ranch.
- For even more flavor, use fresh garlic instead or garlic powder.
- Fridge: This homemade avocado salad dressing can be stored in the fridge in a glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing this salad dressing because it will separate and change its texture and taste.
How To Use Avocado Dressing And Dip
When I first made this dressing, I thought it was good only for salads, but I was surprised to find out that it’s delicious as a dip. Here are some great ideas for using it:
- You can use it as a dip for your veggies.
- It’s perfect as a dressing for your salad.
- It’s also great to use in sandwiches.
- You can use it as a dip for keto french fries or turnip fries.
- My favorite way of using it is as a dressing for taco salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Ranch?
The ranch is a dressing made with a creamy buttermilk base mixed with fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon. It can be made in different ways by adding your favorite seasonings.
Is Ranch Dressing Keto-Friendly?
Store-bought ranch dressing is not keto-friendly because it contains ingredients high in carbs like sugar. So, if you buy it from the store, ensure you read the label.
Is Avocado Keto-Friendly?
With only 8g of carbs per 100g, avocado is a great keto-friendly ingredient thanks to its high content of healthy fats.
Can I Make Vegan Avocado Salad Dressing?
Sure, if you are following a vegan diet, you can prepare a vegan avocado salad dressing by replacing the buttermilk and sour cream with coconut cream.
More Easy Avocado Recipes
- Avocado Brownies
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse – 5-Minute Dessert
- Easy Baked Eggs in Avocado
- Avocado Toast Recipe
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: