This easy burger sauce recipe is easy to make and incredibly creamy. Made using just a handful of common ingredients, this burger sauce is fantastic on burgers, salads, wraps, or french fries.
If you love the sauce on Big Macs or the “special sauce” in different sandwich stores, this homemade burger sauce tastes just like the real deal.
Ingredients in Burger Sauce
Big Mac Sauce is the main reason so many people love McDonald’s Big Mac, but just a few of you know that it’s so easy to make! It’s truly the easiest way to make my favorite burger sauce.
- Mayonnaise- Choose high-quality mayonnaise or use homemade mayonnaise. Use avocado oil mayonnaise for a vegan burger sauce.
- Dill pickle relish- You can also finely chop a few dill slices if you don’t have dill relish on hand. For this sauce, we’ll need about two generous tablespoons of relish.
- Yellow Mustard- For this recipe, I used plain yellow mustard.
- Seasonings- smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
How To Make The Best Burger Sauce
Are you ready to see how to make this burger secret sauce? As I previously said, this is a wonderful substitute for store-bought burger sauce that tastes incredible.
- Start by measuring out the ingredients.
- Then place them into a bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the sauce into a jar, and refrigerate for about an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve the sauce as a burger topping, salad dressing, or dipping sauce. Your entire family will love it!
- Add a teaspoon of fresh chopped red onion.
- Add some hot sauce for a spicy kick.
- Skip the mustard- If you’re not a fan, you can definitely skip the mustard.
How To Store the Burger Sauce
I don’t recommend freezing this burger sauce as the texture will change, and it will separate.
The best way to store burger sauce is in the fridge. Store it in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. When ready to serve, stir well.
Other Uses for Big Mac Sauce
While this sauce was designed to be used for Burgers (either bunless burgers or Big Mac Salads), it also goes well with other foods:
- Dip your oven-baked chicken tenders or strips into it.
- Use it for your favorite keto salad as a dressing.
- Try spreading a little over a keto roast beef sandwich.
Is Big Mac Sauce The Same As Thousand Island Dressing?
Many people have asked me if McDonald’s Big Mac Sauce is identical to Thousand Island Dressing.
This keto burger sauce is slightly tangy than Thousand Island dressing and has a different color from the paprika.
Can I Make This Burger Sauce In Advance?
Absolutely! Burger sauce will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks if stored in a sealed container, and even longer if you don’t include the onion and pickles. I prepare the sauce and keep it in a large jar to use as a burger topping and as a dipping sauce for my keto fries.
Easy Burger Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dill pickle relish
- 2 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp natural ketchup
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Transfer to a jar, put the lid on, and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to develop.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.