These easy oven-baked chicken tenders are just as good as fried without using tons of oil. Enjoy crispy, golden and juicy low carb chicken tenders that are ready in under 30 minutes.
Being on a low carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to miss all your favorite foods. There are plenty of delicious recipes you can fit in this way of eating that are incredibly delicious and easy to make.
Keto Chicken tenders are my favorite recipe to cook because everyone in my family seems to love it.
Dipped in barbeque sauce, ranch dressing and served with a side salad is the perfect meal to have.
Each bite bursts with flavor, and the chicken is so juicy and tender. It gets more points from being a breeze to make!
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Tenders
Breading the chicken with bread crumbs is not a keto-friendly at all.
Keeping this recipe gluten-free while preserving the taste and crisp is essential.
To coat these chicken tenderloins without using wheat, we need almond flour. This flour is super low in carbs and crisps very well in the oven. The combination of seasonings is bomb and makes the chicken so tasty! Just take a look at all the ingredients you’ll need:
- Chicken Tenders
- Almond Flour
- Parmesan Cheese
- Spices: paprika, smoked paprika, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper
How to Make Keto Chicken Tenders?
Tender chicken filets are coated in delicious almond flour and spices mix and baked to perfection. Best served hot with your favorite sauce.
This recipe is sincerely magical. They’re always a hit at parties. They’re healthy, low in calories because they aren’t fried and always a hit at parties
An essential thing to remember when baking chicken tenders is to cook them at an appropriate temperature and make sure not to overcook. Chicken breast can get from juicy to dry quickly.
Chicken is cooked when the inner temperature of 165 degrees. You’ll need a meat thermometer for that.
For extra juicy baked chicken marinate them. Usually, chicken is marinated in buttermilk but to keep it keto, marinate the chicken into sour cream and vinegar mixture or kefir. It becomes so tender!
To help the coating stick to the chicken, use fresh eggs. I think that egg mixture it’s the best at this job. Some recipes call for mayonnaise to help the bread crumbs stick to the meat.
Seasonings are what give flavor to this baked chicken. Add them into the almond flour and parmesan mixture. Dip each chicken strip in egg mixture then make sure to coat with the seasoned almond flour fully.
Bake the chicken in the preheated oven because that’s will instantly make the chicken crispy. When filliping the chicken on the other side, make sure to be as careful as possible. The coating can get stuck to the paper and slip off easily.
Is Fried Chicken Good for Keto?
The answer here inclines to yes. Yes, if you’re fried chicken is homemade with the right keto ingredients and fried in the right oil. My keto fried chicken recipe is coated in almond flour and fried in coconut oil. To deep-fry chicken, use an oil that has a high smoke point such as lard, avocado oil, or palm oil.
Can I eat this every day?
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Crack Chicken Recipe – Instant Pot or Slow Cooker – Keto Low-Carb
- Zero Carb Chicken Pizza Crust
Easy Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders – Keto & Low Carb
- 1 lb chicken tenders or chicken breast cut into tenders
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425F/ 220C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour with the spices.
- In a separate bowl crack the eggs and whisk well.
- In a shallow dish, add the almond flour, grated parmesan cheese, and spices. Give it a good stir.
- Rinse chicken tenders with cold water and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Place each chicken tender in the egg and then place them into the almond flour mix. Remove the excess and lay the chicken tenders onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. The chicken is ready when the internal temperature is 165F, and the tenders are golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce such as barbeque sauce, ranch dressing, etc.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.