These keto french fries are super crispy, crunchy, and taste just real ones. You won’t tell that this fries substitute is low carb. The best part? No vegetable is needed to make the perfect low carb, gluten-free french fries.
When it comes to substitutions of high-carb foods, I find that french fries are the hardest to replicate in taste, especially in texture. These are the holy grail. They look the same, and have the exact flavor of real french fries made from potatoes. So Crunchy!
For many of us, french fries are the ultimate comfort food, and in a keto diet, potatoes are not allowed due to their high carb content. Who doesn’t love to dip fries in ketchup or in a cheesy sauce?
- Best Ever Keto Fries
- Ingredients for Keto French Fries
- How to Make Easy Low Carb Fries?
- Are French Fries Keto?
- Can I use Almond Flour?
- How to Store Keto Fries?
- Keto French Fries Dipping Sauces
- What can I have Instead of fries?
- Looking for More Side Dish Recipes, try these:
- Best Ever Crispy Keto French Fries
Best Ever Keto Fries
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never want to go back to eating real fries again. Homemade keto fries recipe with coconut flour are crazy delicious and fried to golden perfection.
Even that I love making keto zucchini fries as a healthier alternative to real potato fries, this recipe is out of this world and the most fantastic side dish to steak or hamburgers.
Believe it or not, the last weekend, I had some friends over for dinner and served these fries as a side dish for my mini keto burgers, and there was not a single person that said they are not made from potatoes.
Heavenly Fan first shared this recipe on her youtube channel, and I had to try them. I’m so thrilled to share the recipe with you, as it is truly magical. I’m super thankful to her that after so many years of eating low carb, I can enjoy fries that taste so great!
You can also make almond flour french fries, but I know that it’s hard to find in some places.
Ingredients for Keto French Fries
It’s incredible that with only 4 ingredients, you can make these wonderful fries that have only 3g net carbs for a generous serving.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- coconut flour – a low carb alternative to wheat flour that I love to use in keto baking. It’s cheaper than almond flour, absorbs moisture, and has tons of fiber.
- xanthan gum – is used in gluten-free cooking to provide structure and helps the dough stick together and stay stable during frying or baking.
- hot water – works as a binder and helps create a smooth dough.
How to Make Easy Low Carb Fries?
These coconut flour fries are a breeze to make in just 10 minutes:
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Pour over the boiling water and seasonings.
- Knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll and cut the dough into thin french fries.
- Fry them in oil until golden crispy on each side.
Are French Fries Keto?
Traditional French fries made from potatoes or sweet potatoes are not keto-friendly as they have over 48 grams of carbs for a medium serving. Unfortunately, we have to look for a low carb french fry alternative to enjoy this delicious recipe.
Can I use Almond Flour?
This low carb keto french fries recipe is made with coconut flour. If you’re not a fan of coconut flour, use almond flour instead. It also makes delicious french fries that are golden and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It’s essential to use blanched super fine almond flour. Also, reduce the water content as almond flour doesn’t absorb as much moisture as coconut flour.
How to Store Keto Fries?
This french fries keto recipe tastes best when served fresh and hot straight from the stove. You can make the dough ahead and store the precut fries in the freezer until ready to fry.
Keto French Fries Dipping Sauces
There’s nothing better than French fries served with a variety of sauces like:
- Sugar-free ketchup
- Garlic Aioli
- Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
What can I have Instead of fries?
If you’re on a keto diet, fries are definitely out of the question since they are ultra-processed and high in carbs. There are a few healthier alternative that you can eat instead of classic potato fries that include:
- Zucchini Fries
- Kale Chips
- Turnip Fries
- Oven Fried Green Beans
- Eggplant Fries
- Low-Carb Rutabaga Fries
Looking for More Side Dish Recipes, try these:
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Turnip au Gratin • Better than Potatoes
Best Ever Crispy Keto French Fries
Coconut Flour Keto Fries Ingredients
- 1/2 cup 50g coconut flour
- 3 tsp xanthan gum or konjac powder
- 8 tbsp boiling water
- oil for frying
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, add coconut flour, xanthan gum and season with salt and paprika. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Add the hot water over the coconut flour mixture and knead the dough until a smooth dough is formed. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet paper and roll it out into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into french fries shapes.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add enough frying oil to cover the fries.
- Fry the dough strips until they are golden brown on each side.
- Oven method: To make keto fries in the oven, place the cut fries on a baking tray lined with baking sheet paper greased with oil. Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: