Discover how to make the ultimate creamy and delicious snack with our mouthwatering chocolate hummus recipe. Indulge in a guilt-free chocolate hummus packed with rich chocolatey goodness that will satisfy even the most insatiable sweet tooth. This recipe offers a healthier twist, making it a perfect choice for those looking to satisfy their cravings without compromising on nutrition.
It only takes 10 minutes to whip up this delightful dip that combines the best of both worlds: healthy eating and indulgent snacking. How awesome is that?
Picture this: a bowl of creamy, healthy chocolate hummus recipe that’s perfect for satisfying your snack cravings or treating yourself to a little something special.
And the best part? It’s sugar-free, so you can enjoy it guilt-free! With its silky texture and rich flavor, this sweet treat is a game-changer. Trust us, it’s a lifesaver when those chocolate cravings hit hard.
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Hummus Recipe
- Lightning-Fast and Effortless: Imagine whipping up a luscious bowl of chocolate dessert hummus in a mere 10 minutes. Yep, you heard it right—no lengthy preparations or complicated techniques. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s perfect for those moments when your chocolate cravings demand instant gratification.
- Time-Saving Make-Ahead Magic: Want to plan ahead for your next gathering or treat yourself to a delightful snack throughout the week? This recipe has your back! It can be made ahead of time, so you can simply grab it from the fridge and dive into its chocolaty goodness whenever the mood strikes. How convenient is that?
- Endless Possibilities, Endless Delights: Indulge your sweet tooth by serving it as a scrumptious dessert or pair it with fruits, pretzels, or crackers for a delectable snack. The choice is yours, and the possibilities are endless!
- Simple Ingredients, Big Flavor: This sweet hummus is made with everyday pantry staples, so you can easily find everything you need to create this chocolatey masterpiece.
- Guilt-Free Indulgence: It’s a healthier dessert option that allows you to relish in the decadence of chocolate while keeping things nutritious. The best of both worlds, right?
- Nourish Your Body, Delight Your Senses: This chocolate hummus is crafted from nutritious ingredients that not only satiate your cravings but also provide a dose of goodness. It’s a win-win situation for your taste buds and your well-being.
Is Chocolate Hummus Healthy?
You might be wondering if chocolate hummus can be a healthy snack option. Well, the answer is a resounding yes!
Our dark chocolate hummus combines the richness of dark chocolate chips with the creaminess of chickpeas, tahini, honey, and cocoa powder.
But it’s the chickpeas that truly steal the spotlight when it comes to health benefits. These legumes are nutritional powerhouses known for their remarkable advantages.
First off, chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, making them an excellent choice for maintaining a balanced diet. Plus, they’re loaded with fiber and plant-based protein, providing a satisfying and nourishing snack option. Talk about a win-win!
Now, let’s talk about the star of the show—dark chocolate. Not only does it contribute to that irresistible chocolatey flavor, but it also offers a range of health benefits. Dark chocolate is packed with powerful antioxidants that can work wonders for your well-being. It has been linked to lower blood pressure, improved cholesterol levels (raising HDL or “good” cholesterol and decreasing LDL or “bad” cholesterol), reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, and even potential enhancements in brain function. Isn’t that amazing?
Oh, and here’s an interesting fact: When compared to popular chocolate spreads like Nutella, our chocolate hummus steals the spotlight in terms of healthfulness. It delivers the same creamy texture you love, but with only a third of the calories and sugar content. Now that’s something to celebrate!
Ingredients For Dark Chocolate Hummus Recipe
You will be surprised to see that you need only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry to make a delicious sugar-free chocolate hummus recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Dark Chocolate Chips – I recommend using the best quality dark chocolate chips. Opt for sugar-free options if possible.
- Chickpeas – The heart and soul of hummus! You can use canned chickpeas for convenience or cook them at home if you prefer. Just make sure to drain and rinse the chickpeas if you’re using canned ones.
- Tahini – No hummus recipe is complete without tahini. This sesame seed paste adds a deliciously nutty flavor that complements the chocolatey goodness perfectly.
- Honey – A touch of sweetness is essential to elevate the flavor of our chocolate hummus. Add honey to provide that delightful sweet note. You can use sugar-free syrup too.
- Cocoa Powder – The key to achieving that rich and intense chocolate taste lies in using quality cocoa powder. Choose the best one you can find for an exceptional chocolate dessert experience.
- Vanilla Extract – While optional, adding a splash of vanilla extract can take your chocolate hummus to the next level.
- Milk – Feel free to use your favorite type of milk to achieve the desired consistency. Whether it’s cow’s milk, almond milk, or any other variety, it will contribute to the smoothness and creaminess of your chocolate hummus.
- Salt – Don’t forget the salt! A pinch of salt is essential to balance and enhance all the flavors
How To Make Chocolate Hummus?
Once you see how easy it’s to prepare this dessert hummus at home, it will become your new favorite sweet treat recipe. Here is everything you need to do:
Melt The Chocolate Chips
Take 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Pop them in the microwave and heat until completely melted, ensuring to stir occasionally for even melting.
Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
In a food processor bowl, combine the melted chocolate chips, chickpeas, honey, tahini, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend everything together until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
Gradually add milk, one tablespoon at a time, to the food processor while blending. This will help you achieve your desired consistency.
Transfer the chocolate hummus to a serving bowl and gently fold in the remaining chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
Indulge and Enjoy
Your homemade chocolate hummus is now ready to be savored! Grab your favorite accompaniments like fruits, graham crackers, bread, pretzels, or simply a spoon, and dig into the creamy, chocolaty bliss.
- Go beyond tahini and experiment with different nut butter like peanut butter or almond butter. They lend a unique flavor twist to your chocolate hummus, creating a delightful blend of chocolaty and nutty goodness.
- Opt for a healthier option by swapping honey with sugar-free maple syrup. This natural sweetener adds a touch of sweetness without the extra sugar, making your chocolate hummus lower in carbs.
- Use almond milk or coconut milk to make dairy-free chocolate hummus.
- Feel free to experiment with the thickness and creaminess of your chocolate hummus. If you prefer a thicker consistency, reduce the amount of milk or add a little more chickpeas. For a creamier texture, increase the amount of milk slightly.
- Don’t forget to get creative with your toppings! Sprinkle crushed nuts, toasted coconut flakes, or a dusting of cocoa powder on top of your chocolate hummus for added visual appeal and an extra burst of flavor.
What To Eat With Chocolate Hummus
One great thing about this delicious chocolate hummus recipe it’s that it can be served in many delicious combinations. Here are some great ideas:
- Use it as a delectable dip for your favorite fruits. Strawberries, bananas, and sliced apples are just a few options that pair beautifully with the creamy chocolate goodness.
- Morning Bliss: Spread a generous dollop of chocolate hummus on a slice of fresh bread and savor it alongside a steaming cup of coffee. It’s a delightful way to start your day with a touch of indulgence.
- Sweet & Salty Magic: Craving that perfect sweet and salty combo? Grab some crackers or pretzels and dip them into your chocolate hummus.
- Pancake Paradise: Elevate your pancake game by topping them with a generous swirl of chocolate hummus. Watch as the velvety hummus melts onto the warm coconut flour pancakes, creating a heavenly combination that will have you coming back for seconds.
- Decadent Parfait: Layer chocolate hummus with Greek yogurt and granola in a glass or jar to create a delightful and satisfying parfait.
- Energy-Boosting Smoothie Boost: Add a spoonful of chocolate hummus to your favorite smoothie recipe for a rich and satisfying twist.
- Fridge: Store chocolate hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month.
- Freezer: Transfer the vegan chocolate hummus to a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to two months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Buy Chocolate Hummus?
Yes, chocolate hummus is available for purchase from various mainstream brands. Brands such as Sabra, Trader Joe’s, Lantana, Aldi, HEB, and Boar’s Head have recognized the popularity of sweet hummus and have introduced a range of flavors to cater to different preferences. Alongside chocolate, you may find flavors like Snickerdoodle, red velvet, peanut butter, cake batter, and pumpkin pie. These pre-made options offer convenience and allow you to enjoy the deliciousness of chocolate hummus without the need for homemade preparation.
Can I Make Chocolate Hummus Without A Food Processor?
Sure, you can make delicious sugar-free chocolate hummus without a food processor. Here’s how:
Absolutely! While a food processor is commonly used to make chocolate hummus, you can still create a delicious batch without one. Here’s how:
- Hand Blender or Immersion Blender: If you have a hand blender or immersion blender, you can use it to blend the ingredients together. Simply combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl or a large measuring cup and use the hand blender to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Blender: If you have a blender, it can also be used to make chocolate hummus. Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until well combined and smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender jar to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Mashing and Mixing: If you don’t have any blending tools available, you can still make a tasty version of chocolate hummus by using a potato masher or a sturdy fork to mash the chickpeas. Start by mashing the chickpeas as much as possible, and then vigorously mix in the rest of the ingredients until well combined. The texture may be slightly chunkier compared to using a blender or food processor, but it will still be delicious.
More Chocolate Desserts
- The Best Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto Chocolate Bars
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate Hummus Recipe
- Blend the chickpeas, honey, tahini, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, vanilla, and salt in using a processor bowl.
- Gradually add milk, one tablespoon at a time, to the food processor while blending until the chocolate hummus reaches the desired consistency.
- Transfer the chocolate hummus to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips using a silicone spatula.
- Serve with fruits, bread, crackers, or simply a spoon, and dig into the creamy, chocolaty bliss.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.