These keto pancakes have the main ingredients coconut flour which is excellent if you are looking for a low carb version of this popular recipe.
Since beginning the keto diet, making wheat-free keto pancakes is my go-to dessert (or breakfast) when I want to indulge in something sweet, flavourful and super fast. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare the batter and 10-15 minutes to cook them.
Everybody all over the world loves pancakes. A pat of butter slowly melting on a stack of pancakes with some sweet (maple) syrup. This sounds like a childhood lazy Sunday morning when the smell of fresh and buttery pancakes was the wake-up alarm. Oh, the great memories?
When I am craving a chocolate rich cake, I make my Super Easy Keto Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake. That’s another ridiculously easy and tasty keto dessert I love love love to make.
This recipe yields 6 decent sized pancakes. A serving of 3 pancakes has 6g NET carbs. I usually eat 3 of keto pancakes, and they keep me full until dinner. That’s one of the things I love most about being fat fueled.
Another great thing is that you don’t need to use almond flour, so this recipe can be savored even by those of you with an allergy to almonds.
I love to serve it with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and some sugar-free peanut butter.
Watch the video below to learn how you can make an easy keto pancakes
Ingredients for the keto pancakes
To keep this fantastic recipe low carb and keto friendly, I used coconut flour. You will need a small quantity since it has the property to absorb well a lot of liquid. Using coconut flour will yield pancakes that are very low in carbs, but also pretty low in calories compared with the almond flour pancakes.
- 1/4 cup melted high-quality butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (25g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener or more to taste (I used Swerve)
- 1 tsp baking powder
I usually love to make single serving recipes, and this one yields 3 decent sized pancakes that you can enjoy freely. If you need to make more servings, you can simply double or triple the recipe, the result will still be amazing.
Instructions for the keto pancakes with coconut flour
A perfect recipe that will make you forget about the old style high in carbs pancakes. I used cream cheese, but you can also use mascarpone cheese for a rich and dense taste.
- What’s also impressive how fast you can mix all the ingredients for the low carb pancakes to make the perfect batter. After you gather all you need it’s a matter of minutes.
- After whisking all the ingredients, proceed as usual and heat up a pan and melt a pat of batter. Spread the mixture into 3-inch circles and flip when bubbles start to form on top.
- Let them cook for another 2 minutes, and you are ready to enjoy the incredible keto pancakes.
Can I use almond flour instead of coconut flour?
To substitute 1/4 cup coconut flour, you will 1 cup almond flour. You should probably reduce the liquids too since the almond flour is not as absorbent as coconut flour. Just play with the ingredients until you get a thick pancake-like consistency.
Toppings for the pancakes
Lately, I have been using a homemade keto sugar-free syrup that is absolutely delicious, easy to make and almost zero carb.
I know that on the market you can find lots of sugar-free syrups and some of them are actually really tasty.
You can definitely go for it, but here’s an easy and quick recipe for my favorite keto pancake syrup.
My favorite keto pancakes syrup recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- Sweetener to taste
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
How to make it
- Melt the coconut oil and the butter.
- Add the sweetener, maple extract, and mix.
- Pour over the hot pancakes and enjoy.
Make the keto pancakes, and you will end up eating a lightly vanilla scented dessert with a subtle sweet cinnamon flavor (which you can omit).
If you make the recipe and post photos on Instagram, tag me @lowcarbspark, so that I can see all your delicious keto creations. Keep up the good work and enjoy a warm buttery keto fluffy pancake.
The best Keto Pancakes | Low Carb & High Fat
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, the melted butter, the heavy whipping cream, the cream cheese and the vanilla extract. Stir well for 2 minutes.
- Combine the coconut flour, the sweetener, the baking powder, the cinnamon.
- Using a fork combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet (or use griddle) over medium heat.
- Spread the batter into 3-inch circles.
- When bubbles start to appear on the top surface of the pancake, turn over.
- Cook for 2 minutes on the other side or until lightly browned.