Homemade keto mulled wine recipe is incredibly easy to make, a winter classic. It’s a delicious low carb mulled wine infused with Christmas spices. The best keto drink to enjoy during Holidays.
What is Mulled Wine?
If you’ve never heard of mulled wine or spiced wine it’s a traditional winter drink served around Christmas at Christmas Markets all over Europe. Learn that it’s a warm alcoholic drink also called glühwein (Germany), vino caliente (Spain), vin chaud (France).
Keto Mulled Wine Ingredients
If you’ve never had this keto drink during holidays, it’s time to discover a new easy recipe that’s super cozy and perfectly spiced. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Dry Red Wine: This keto warm cocktail can be made with both dry red wine or white wine. There’s no need to use expensive wine. Any dry wine is perfect if it’s low carb. For this recipe, I used Cabernet Sauvignon, but you can use Merlot or Zinfandel.
- Oranges – Peel the oranges to avoid the bitter taste.
- Spices: My favorite spices for keto mulled wine are whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise. A dash of freshly ground pepper or a few cardamom pods would also intensify the taste.
- Sweetener – Feel free to use your preferred low carb sweetener. You can use granulated Erythritol or Monk Fruit Sweetener.
- Brandy (optional) – It’s a common ingredient in mulled wine that adds dimension and boosts the flavor.
How to Make Low Carb Keto Mulled Wine?
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat and give a quick stir.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the wine using a fine mesh strainer to remove all the spices and orange slices.
- Serve warm topped with orange slices or ginger slices.
Carbs in Red Wine
Is wine keto? Yes, wine is keto if you choose dry red or wine. Always remember to drink alcohol in moderation on a keto diet.
Here are the carbs in a serving of a 5oz glass of wine:
- Merlot: 3.7g carbs
- Pinot Noir: 3.4g carbs
- Cabernet Sauvignon: 3.8g carbs
- Burgundy: 5.46g carbs
- Shiraz/Syrah: 3.79g carbs
Other Keto Drinks You’ll Love
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Creamy & Thick Keto Hot Chocolate • Sugar-Free Drink
- Homemade Low Carb & Keto Eggnog • Velvety & Smooth
Easy Keto Mulled Wine – How to Make Low Carb Mulled Wine
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 2-4 tablespoons Erythritol or your desired sweetener
- 1/4 cup brandy optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the wine, orange slices, cranberries, sweetener, and spices.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer gently over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mulled wine to remove the orange slices and spices.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness.
- Serve warm!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: