This keto hot chocolate drink is insanely thick and creamy with a rich chocolate taste. It has only 2g net carbs and a pudding texture. You can turn this drink into a bulletproof hot chocolate by adding some extra fats.
Cold weather definitely requires comfort meals and cozy clothes. Let start with a delicious chocolate drink and patiently wait for Christmas. I’m a chocolate fanatic so I love to have a slice of this delicious coconut flour brownies!
It takes at most 5 minutes to prepare this cozy drink.
So, if you are not a coffee fan, but still want to enjoy the benefits of a bulletproof drink, add MCT oil or grass-fed butter. Blend until frothy and devour.
Just think about adding a teaspoon of hazelnut butter – Nutella hot chocolate!
Hot chocolate is a mood booster for me and probably my favorite hot drink. There’s no way to make hot chocolate in the wrong way because it’s so easy and it will impress all the family chocolate fans. You can always adjust the ingredients to suit your taste buds.
5 Ingredients for a delicious drink
The secret ingredient that makes this hot chocolate healthy and thick is chia seeds. I usually turn them into a powder using the coffee grinder and store in an airtight container.
Chia seeds are super high in fiber and will keep you full for longer. The Aztec warriors and Mayans used these tiny seeds as a sustainable source of energy and endurance.
For this hot cocoa you will need:
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds powder
- 1-2 tbsp keto sweetener (erythritol or xylitol)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- To serve: whipped cream
Make sure to use high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder to bring that chocolate flavor in this keto drink.
- Gather all the ingredients for the keto hot chocolate and a blender. Remember that safety comes first and use warm milk not hot.
- After all the ingredients are well blended, we can proceed to the next step.
- Transfer warm chocolate drink to a saucepan and heat up.
- I suggest serving the keto hot chocolate with tons of homemade whipped cream on top. For a dairy-free, paleo version, skip this step.
How many carbs are in the keto hot chocolate?
Here are the macros :
- 134 calories
- 6g carbs
- 4g fiber
- 2g net carbs
I calculated the macros for the paleo dairy-free hot chocolate using canned coconut milk, not heavy whipping cream. Substituting any of these ingredients will modify the final carb count. Also, please note that the recipe yields 2 servings.
If you are into hot keto drinks and get excited for Christmas you’ll probably love my velvety and smooth Keto Eggnog.
Creamy & Thick Keto Hot Chocolate – Paleo Sugar-Free Drink
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well incorporated.
- Transfer the warm chocolate drink to a saucepan and heat up constantly mixing, until it starts to boil. This step will make the keto hot chocolate very thick and creamy.
- Serve the drink with tons of whipped cream. You'll need a spoon because the texture is almost like chocolate pudding.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.