It’s easy to make keto pasta noodles with just 2 ingredients that are chewy and taste just like regular pasta. These keto noodles have just 3g net carbs per serving and are delicious topped with your favorite sauces. Bonus, this low carb pasta recipe is also grain-free and gluten-free.
Craving pasta on a keto diet? This low carb alternative to pasta is definitely going to satisfy all your cravings. It’s probably one of the best and easy to make low carb egg noodles you can try, but I also love zucchini noodles, shirataki noodles, or spaghetti squash.
Yes, you read it right. With this delicious recipe, you can still enjoy pasta if you are on a keto diet. Not only do these low carb keto pasta noodles taste similar to regular noodles, but they also have a great al dente texture, and it’s a fantastic way to eat pasta without the extra carbs.
Is Pasta Keto-Friendly?
No, regular pasta/ egg noodles are not keto-friendly because they contain high carbohydrate ingredients such as white flour. But, no worries, it’s easy to make homemade keto pasta that tastes similar to classic noodles.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Pasta Recipe
- It’s extremely easy to make.
- Taste similar to real noodles
- Ready in just 15 minutes
- Only 2g net carbs per serving
- Fabulous served with any pasta sauces
Ingredients For Keto Pasta
I love recipes that require only a few ingredients and are extremely delicious. And this is one of them; you will only need two ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen:
- Mozzarella Cheese – make sure that you use pre-shredded part-skim, not regular mozzarella that holds too much moisture.
- Egg Yolks – egg yolks are used to hold and bind everything together. They also give great color to the pasta. Make sure to use yolks from large eggs. You can use leftover egg whites to make keto cloud bread.
Some other recipes call for xanthan gum or cream cheese, but my recipe requires just 2 easy ingredients.
How To Make Easy Keto Pasta
Making and enjoying pasta has never been easier during a keto diet. But, even the most unskilled people in the kitchen can make keto-friendly pasta. Here is everything you have to do:
- Melt the cheese – Melt the mozzarella in a large mixing bowl using a microwave or a double boiler. Make sure the cheese is fully melted.
- Add the egg yolks over the mozzarella cheese and mix well using a spatula or wooden spoon until the dough forms.
- Roll the dough – Place the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet on top. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is quite thin. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into noodles – After 30 minutes, remove the dough from the fridge and cut the dough into a pasta shape using a pizza slicer.
- Cook pasta – In a large pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Drain the water, and serve noodles with your favorite sauce. Easy, right?
What Tools You Need
- Baking Sheet – it helps you roll the dough without it sticking.
- To cut the dough into pasta, you’ll need a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- For combining the mozzarella and egg yolks, use a medium to a large bowl.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Pasta
- The secret to obtaining that thin and smooth texture of the pasta is to distribute the batter as thinly as possible and evenly.
- You may also add a pinch of xanthan gum to the keto pasta recipe to give the pasta more firmness.
- When mixing the two ingredients, you have to make sure that the mozzarella is cold because otherwise, the eggs will cook.
- It’s critical to keep the low-carb pasta refrigerated. The colder the noodles are, the better they keep their shape.
- If the pasta dough is too sticky, refrigerate for 20 minutes first, then roll and refrigerate again.
- Overcooking the pasta will cause the noodles to break apart and dissolve into the water. 30 seconds is all you need!
- You can serve them with your favorite sauces like Marinara sauce or pesto.
- Add some protein – I like how they pair perfectly with these creamy garlic scallops and this creamy garlic shrimp.
Can I Make Keto Pasta Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make keto pasta ahead of time and boil them anytime you want to enjoy a fresh pasta dish.
Just prepare them as we did in this recipe, and after you cut them into thin strips, transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
How Can I Store Keto Pasta Noodles
- Fridge: Store uncooked in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: you can also freeze noodles for up to two months.
2 Ingredients Keto Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese. Microwave for about 1 minute or until de cheese is completely melted. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes; otherwise, it will cook the egg yolk.
- Mix in the egg yolks and stir well to combine into a ball of dough. If the mixture looks too sticky, refrigerate for 20minutes.
- Place the pasta dough onto a sheet of parchment paper, then top with another paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/8 inch thin. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pasta dough from the refrigerator and cut it into 1/2 inch thin strips. Refrigerate until you bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, cook the noodles for 30 seconds, and be careful not to overcook.
- Drain the water and run under cold water. Let the pasta cool for a few minutes, then serve with your favorite low carb pasta sauce.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.