This Grilled Shrimp Skewer is a delicious, quick to make shrimp recipe that’s ready in under 20 minutes. Shrimp is marinated, then grilled until perfectly golden. Cook this simple grilled shrimp recipe on the stove or an outside grill.
These Shrimp Skewers are a fantastic meal if you’re searching for a quick quality restaurant recipe. They’re delicious, fresh, and ready in just a few minutes.
One of the reasons shrimps are one of my favorite meals is that there are so many ways to prepare them (along with the fact that they are incredibly nutritious). This recipe will show you how to make my favorite grilled shrimp.
Ingredients For Grilled Shrimp
You won’t believe how few ingredients you will need to make this delicious grilled shrimp.
- Shrimp – Before cooking, make sure the shrimp have been peeled, deveined, and removed. Use large shrimp to make sure they turn out juicy.
- Garlic – you can use fresh garlic or powdered as well.
- Olive Oil – If you want, you may cook the shrimp in a variety of oils. I like olive oil since it is tasty and cooks well.
- Fresh parsley – you can substitute with dried and reduce the amount.
- Lemon Juice – In this marinade for grilled shrimp skewers, fresh lemon juice tastes fantastic.
This marinade helps the shrimp become tender and soak up all the flavorful spices and herbs. This easy shrimp marinade is loaded with garlic, lemon juice, fresh parsley, and dried herbs to create a beautiful tangy flavor. A splash of white wine complements the marinate, so feel free to get creative.
The best part about marinating shrimps? It takes only a couple of meaning since the shrimp is incredibly tender and cooks completely in just a few minutes.
Make sure you don’t marinate the shrimp or cook them for too long.
How To Make The Perfect Grilled Shrimp Skewers
You will enjoy the most delicious shrimp skewers if you follow just a few simple steps.
You can meal prep this shrimp recipe, prepare the marinade ahead of time, and add the shrimp 20 minutes before grilling.
Don’t let the shrimp marinate overnight, or they might become mushy.
Prepare the marinade – Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, except the shrimp, until thoroughly mixed.
Before grilling, marinate the shrimp for 20 minutes to soak up all the fantastic flavors.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place them on the skewers. On average, I got approximately three shrimp on each skewer.
Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are fully cooked, turning once to ensure equal grilling.
In the end, drizzle the grilled shrimp with garlic butter and serve warm with a fresh lemon wedge on the side and your favorite side dishes.
Soaking The Skewers
Should I Soak the Skewers? If you’re using wood skewers, it’s necessary to take them, so they don’t get burnt while the meat is cooking. While the shrimps marinate, you can fully immerse the wooden skewers in a bowl with cold water.
I skip this step when using a grill pan on the stovetop.
What Grill to Use?
I usually use my grill pan because it’s so much easier and quicker to make, but you can use an outdoor grill or broiler for cooking the best shrimp skewers.
Are Shrimps Keto Friendly?
Shrimp is one of the most keto-friendly protein options. And the good news is that this is valid for all varieties of shrimp.
Shrimp contains no net carbohydrates but is high in protein. 100 grams of raw shrimp provide 20 grams of protein. It’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
With that in mind, we strongly advise eating shrimp as part of your keto diet. And there are plenty of excellent keto shrimp recipes out there for you to try. I’m sure you’ll love this Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan!
Tips For Making The Perfect Shrimp Skewers
- Jumbo shrimp is my personal favorite for grilling. However, the medium can be used as well.
- When they are available, go for fresh, wild-caught shrimp.
- Shrimp should be transparent, pearl-like in color, and have little or no odor.
- Add additional Sriracha to the marinade for the grilled shrimp skewers if you prefer a spicy shrimp recipe!
- While peeling and deveining shrimp is not strictly required, it is definitely worth the effort to do so.
How Long To Grill Shrimp
Shrimp cook quickly, so keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t overcook. Grilling shrimp takes around 2-3 minutes on each side. When the shrimp are done, they will turn pink and opaque.z
How To Serve Grilled Shrimp Skewers
I like to keep the seafood as the star of the table when I make it for dinner and serve it with some veggies and a salad.
If you’re searching for a low carb side dish, I love some quick side dish dishes throughout the summer like:
- Cucumber Salad: It’s incredible how fast it is to make, and it’s the perfect side dish for every barbecue or picnic.
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon: Broccoli Salad is the star at BBQ and potlucks.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: This basic recipe is super customizable with your favorite seasonings.
- Air Fryer Asparagus
What Type Of Shrimp Should I Buy?
We buy shrimp with the shell on, but they have been deveined. For this dish, we peel them but leave the tails on for serving and dipping. If you like, retain the shells after removing them and use them to make an excellent stock for a shrimp bisque soup.
Variation And Substitutions
These grilled shrimp skewers recipe can be eaten in a variety of ways! Try the following adjustments to tailor the recipe to your taste and preferences:
- To make a full dinner, toss some grilled shrimp on top of your favorite green salad, or serve them alongside some roasted or sautéed veggies.
- If you don’t want to grill, sauté instead. Shrimp can also be cooked in a pan. For an equally delicious meal, simply sauté these shrimp skewers. Sauté the shrimp over medium-high heat for about two minutes, or until they are brilliant pink and opaque.
- If you love garlic and want a garlicky shrimp, add a couple of extra cloves to the marinade.
- Use melted butter instead of olive oil in the marinade.
- Spice things up and add chili powder or a touch of chili sauce.
Can Shrimp Skewers Be Frozen?
Can Shrimp Skewers Be Frozen? While freezing raw shrimp is the best approach to maintain its freshness, cooked shrimp skewers may also be frozen.
You’ll want to cool your shrimp in the fridge for a few minutes before freezing them. To avoid freezer burn, use a freezer-safe bag or a sealable container.
Got Garlic Grilled Shrimp Leftovers?
To store leftovers, place them in an airtight container, preferably a glass container, and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to enjoy, reheat in the microwave for a few seconds.
More Shrimp Recipes
- Fried Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan
- Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets
- Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
20 Minute Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on or off
Lemon Parsley Butter Sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the wooden skewers – Fully immerse the skewers in a bowl filled with water for about 30 minutes.
- Make the Marinade – In a large bowl, add the olive oil, tomato paste, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, and minced garlic. Add the shrimps and stir to coat evenly. Marinate for 20-30minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp onto skewers. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and grease with oil. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimps are cooked.
- To Broil: Preheat the broiler. Place the shrimp skewers in a single layer onto a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp is golden.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and lemon parsley butter sauce.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.