These delicious glazed Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones are buttery and moist on the inside, with a crisp exterior covered and a tangy sugar-free lemon glaze. Make the best almond flour scones with raspberries that are actually really easy to bake from scratch.
Just imagine a tender, biscuit-like center that’s light and flaky, filled with juicy raspberries. An almost crisp crust topped with the sweet crunch and a quick drizzle of no sugar lemon icing adds a delightful tartness to these sweet, and flavorful low carb breakfast treats.
These keto scones are a perfect addition to any keto breakfast and brunch. Delicious for any occasion, grain-free scones are a crowd please and a breeze to make with pantry staples.
The best part about these almond flour scones? They need no wheat flour, sugar, or special equipment. Just combine all the ingredients, and make breakfast for days.
- Why Are You Going To Love These Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- Ingredients For Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- How To Make These Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- Tips For Making The Best Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- How To Store These Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- Looking for More Keto Dessert Recipes? Try these:
- Keto Raspberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Why Are You Going To Love These Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- quick and simple to make in less than 30 minutes.
- packed with juicy raspberry.
- soft and flaky on the inside.
- super versatile – can be easily adapted with your favorite flavors.
Ingredients For Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
The ingredients used to make Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones are just a few and easy to find. You probably have most of them in your kitchen:
- Almond & Coconut Flour– I use both of these keto flours as they play a role in making the texture as close to authentic scones as possible.
- Sweetener– I used powdered erythritol in this recipe, but you can use Allulose, Monk Fruit, or your favorite sweetener.
- Eggs – Eggs need to be at room temperature, and try not to overmix them.
- Butter– can be replaced with coconut oil at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract – You need to use a good quality one. Just a little bit of pure vanilla essence will significantly enhance the flavor.
- Raspberries – use either fresh or frozen raspberries for these keto scones. If using frozen, don’t defrost them before, or they will become super mushy.
- Baking Powder– One tsp will help the keto scones rise and get super fluffy. Make sure your baking powder is fresh and not expired.
- Xanthan Gum– This is used to make a keto scones dough similar in texture to real wheat flour dough. It gives the keto baked goods a chewier dough-like texture.
- Salt– Just a pinch of salt to accentuate all the flavors.
- Lemon Juice
How To Make These Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
It’s so easy to make these keto raspberry scones just by following a few simple steps:
- Start by melting the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes.
- Combine both mixtures, then fold in the raspberries.
- Make the triangle scones. Place the dough on the counter and shape it into a ball. The dough will be slightly dry and crumbly. Using a very sharp knife, form the dough into an 8-inch circular disc and cut it into eight evenly sized wedges.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange the eight scones on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them approximately 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake the scone into the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown around the sides.
- Make the lemon glaze by mixing all the ingredients until creamy, smooth, and your wanted degree of thickness.
- Glaze your scones by placing the cooling rack over parchment paper (for easier clean-up), then sprinkle the frosting over each scone. Serve and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
- When fresh raspberries are in season, you can use them instead of frozen ones.
- If the dough is too moist, place it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before baking. This will guarantee that they keep their form in the oven and do not spread.
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors or extra mix-ins! Try combining chocolate chips, a handful of nuts, or swapping in your favorite fruit.
- Do not over-mix the scone dough. Once the almond flour dough just comes together, stop mixing and gently fold in the berries.
How To Store These Keto Raspberry Lemon Scones
I like to serve these freshly baked keto scones a little bit warm with a delicious lemon glaze. However, if you want to keep them fresh for longer, I have a few suggestions:
- Room temperature – They will stay fresh for about four days, stored in an airtight container.
- Freezer – place them in an airtight container, covered individually in plastic foil, and keep for about three months. When ready to enjoy, reheat them in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes.
Looking for More Keto Dessert Recipes? Try these:
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread – Low-Carb Recipe
- Raspberry Vanilla Keto Muffins
- Keto Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Keto Banana Bread – Low Carb Recipe
Keto Raspberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Keto Lemon Glaze
- ¼ cup powdered sweetener
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener, xanthan gum, salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, softened butter, vanilla extract together for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer until bubbles form.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the egg mixture. Using a spatula, incorporate the raspberries. Let the dough sit for a few minutes.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into a circle about 1” thick and cut into 8 triangle shaped pieces.
- Place the scones onto the baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Let them cool down for a few minutes.
- To make the glaze whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over the warm baked scones right before serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: