This is the best keto vanilla cake recipe with fluffy vanilla cake layers and a silky cream cheese frosting. Enjoy a low carb cake that’s super moist and made with almond flour and coconut flour. It’s less than 4g net carbs for a huge slice. The perfect cake for any special occasion – birthday, friends gathering, weddings!
I always find cakes challenging to make, especially as I am not great at decorating them. But, with my birthday coming next week, I thought I should challenge myself and create a keto cake that’s easy to make, keto-friendly, so everyone can enjoy it!
- Watch How To Make It
- Why is this The Best Keto Vanilla Cake?
- Ingredients for the Best Keto Birthday Cake
- How to Make this Keto Vanilla Cake?
- Tips for the Best Keto Vanilla Cake
- Is this a diabetic-friendly cake?
- How to Store Sugar-Free Cake Leftovers
- Looking for more Keto Cake Recipes? Try these:
- The Best Birthday Keto Vanilla Cake I’ve Ever Had
Watch How To Make It
Why is this The Best Keto Vanilla Cake?
My best Low carb Vanilla Cake recipe is:
- Fluffy and tender cake that is super flavorful
- Easy to make in under 30 minutes!!
- only 4g net carbs for a delightful slice
- perfectly sweet without any funky aftertaste.
- bakes flat, so there’s no leveling needed.
- fresh for up to 4 days – but tastes best if served the next day.
- perfect to make cupcakes
So if any of the reasons above sound appealing to you, I’m confident this keto cake recipe will become your favorite!
Ingredients for the Best Keto Birthday Cake
All the ingredients in this gluten-free yellow cake are easy to find at your local grocery store or you can order them online. I’m sure that if you made any of my other recipes, you’re familiar with my easy keto dessert recipes that are super easy to make and super delicious.
You’ll be impressed by how few ingredients are needed for such a fancy cake:
- Keto Flours – I always use a mix of almond flour and coconut flour as they complement each other and deliver that fluffy and airy texture. I suggest using both of these flour without trying to make any substitution. Choose superfine blanched almond flour to make this almond flour vanilla cake. If possible, sift the flours before use.
- Unsalted Butter – Make sure to use unsalted butter and add only a dash of salt as this is a low carb dessert, and salted butter would overpower the sweet taste. If you’re looking for a dairy-free keto cake replace butter with melted coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Sweetener – I used Erythritol in this cake, but Monk Fruit sweetener or Allulose work as well. These are my favorite keto sweeteners that don’t have any aftertaste and taste similar to sugar.
- Eggs – Use room temperature large eggs
- Vanilla Extract – I highly recommend using high-quality pure vanilla extract to make this cake taste heavenly.
- Baking Powder – works as a leavener and helps the cake rise and become fluffy.
How to Make this Keto Vanilla Cake?
The ingredients in this gluten-free birthday cake are enough for baking 2 cake layers with an 8-inch diameter. You can use a 9-inch cake pan as well, but the cake will be slightly thinner.
- Preheat the oven and line the pans with parchment paper, and grease the sides well.
- To make the cake: Cream together the eggs with the butter, then add eggs one at a time. Incorporate the rest of the ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Don’t over mix! The keto batter for this cake is slightly thick and not runny. It hardens as it bakes, and the coconut flour absorbs the liquid in the eggs.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until the edges look golden brown and the top is set. For a moist cake, don’t overbake the cake, or it becomes super dry and crumbly.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, make the keto frosting by simply combining room temperature butter, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract until fluffy and creamy. This keto vanilla frosting is almost zero carbs per serving.
- Decorate the cake – Spread the frosting evenly on the cake, decorate with a sprinkle, and let the party begin. Enjoy a slice or more with your loved ones.
Tips for the Best Keto Vanilla Cake
- If you prefer to make a single-layer cake, have the recipe and use only one pan.
- Use a hand mixer to cream the sweetener and butter. A whisk or a rubber spatula won’t deliver the same results.
- Sift the flours for the fluffiest texture.
- Use a super fine blanched almond flour that doesn’t have any weird smell. If your almond flour smells or tastes odd, it might be rancid and ruin the whole low carb cake!
Is this a diabetic-friendly cake?
To make sure that you can enjoy this diabetic cake, please consult with your healthcare provider first. Although this cake is low carb, your carbohydrate intake might be different, and it may spike the insulin levels. Just be careful and always consult with an advised person.
How to Store Sugar-Free Cake Leftovers
There are chances that there won’t be leftover for this keto vanilla cake as everyone loves it, but just in case, here’s how to store:
- In the refrigerator: Store leftover sugar-free keto birthday cake in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. When ready to serve, slice, and enjoy.
- Can I freeze this keto cake? Yes, any leftover cake slices can be individually frozen for up to 6 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge.
Looking for more Keto Cake Recipes? Try these:
- Keto Red Velvet Cake
- The Best Low Carb Keto Carrot Cake
- Easy Keto Vanilla Pound Cake
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- The Best Keto Coffee Cake
The Best Birthday Keto Vanilla Cake I’ve Ever Had
Keto Vanilla Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F. Line two 8-inch (20cm) cake pans with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Make the cake: Combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt. Stir to break any almond flour lumps. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sweetener for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add in milk and vanilla extract. The mixture might look curdled as the liquids combine with the fat in butter.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until a creamy cake batter forms. Scrape the sides from time to time.
- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared cake pans. Use a rubber spatula to smooth out the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-22 minutes. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. Let the cakes cool completely in the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the keto frosting.
- Assemble and decorate the cake – Place one cake layer on a large serving plate and top with half of the frosting. Top with the second layer and evenly spread the remaining frosting to cover the top and sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving! Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: