This decadent gluten-free flourless chocolate cake recipe is naturally keto and sugar-free. Make it for any special occasion when you want a sugar-free fudgy flourless cake.
My birthday is this month, and I have to share with you a luxurious chocolate keto cake recipe that everyone loves.
I also love to make it every time for my birthday because it’s easy, and who doesn’t love a gluten-free flourless chocolate cake? It’s the fudgiest and rich keto chocolate cake with no flour.
The Best Paleo Gluten Free and Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
This sugar-free flourless cake is insanely delicious and perfect for that chocolate fix. I promise this keto gluten-free flourless cake recipe will become your favorite.
It’s an easy recipe, so you don’t need to be scared of the long list of instructions. If you watch the video recipe, you’ll be able to replicate this incredibly tasty flourless chocolate cake.
Yes, this cake with no flour is naturally gluten-free, but is it Keto-friendly? Most flourless chocolate cakes recipes use regular chocolate that’s sweetened with sugar, which means higher carb content.
It’s almost too good to belive that using sugar-free chocolate that’s sweetened with stevia or erythritol makes this flourless chocolate cake keto.
Unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate or sugar-free stevia chocolate chops are an excellent choice for this cake recipe because there’s no after-taste.
If you aren’t on a keto diet, you can make the classic flourless cake. You won’t need any low carb flours for this keto cake, so say goodbye to almond flour or coconut flour.
In my honest opinion, this is the best flourless chocolate cake I’ve ever made. Top it with the sugar-free chocolate ganache and fresh berries for a heavenly result.
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate cake
This chocolate cake is gluten-free because as most chocolate cake recipes with no flour are naturally gluten-free.
The biggest win is that this is a recipe for a sugar-free keto flourless cake. And you can use your favorite powdered sugar.
This recipe requires only five main ingredients such as:
- Sugar-free Dark Chocolate or Bittersweet Baker’s Chocolate
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup – Powdered Erythritol
- Large Eggs
- Cocoa Powder
For the sake of flavor, I added a pinch of salt, espresso powder to bring that intense chocolate flavor and vanilla extract. It’s best to make this keto cake recipe, as written in the recipe card below.
How To Make Flourless Chocolate Cake?
The instructions for this keto dessert are pretty simple.
- Separate the eggs and place them into different bowls.
- Beat yolks and sweetener until light and fluffy and egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a double boiler or in a microwave. Make sure your bowl doesn’t reach the boiling water. This method ensures that the chocolate is uniformly melted, and it’s not too hot.
- Move fast and incorporate the yolk mixture into the melted chocolate. Stir in the cocoa powder.
- Fold the fluffy egg-whites into the chocolate mixture. What your keto flourless chocolate cake batter is ready to transfer into a springform lined with parchment paper. Tap to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake the flourless cake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, depending on how fudgy you like it. The cake rises as it bakes but collapses while cooling.
It’s an incredibly versatile recipe that can be instantly turned into a flourless paleo recipe by switching only a few ingredients
Instead of butter, use 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup coconut cream. Replace the sweetener with powdered coconut sugar.
How To Serve Keto Chocolate Cake
This sugar-free flourless chocolate cake is delicious to enjoy as it is or dusted with cocoa powder or powdered sweetener.
But, because I like things extra, I whip up a quick sugar-free ganache and load the cake with fresh raspberries on top. Here are all the ways you can serve it:
- top with sugar-free chocolate ganache or vanilla frosting
- decorate with fresh raspberries, blueberries, and mint leaves
- serve with fresh homemade raspberry sauce
- add a dollop of regular keto vanilla ice-cream
- drizzle creamy peanut butter
This cake is best served at room temperature because it’s easier to cut, and the texture is fudgy and silky.
Ways to Store Flourless Chocolate Cake
How long can I keep the flourless chocolate cake? It lasts for up to a week refrigerated in an airtight container, but I bet there will be no leftovers.
Is it freezer-friendy? Yes, you can freeze the flourless cake without toppings. Wrap it in 2 layers of plastic wrap. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge. Then bring to room temperature before serving and add the toppings.
Is it essential to use powdered sweetener?
Yes, it’s vital for the best texture. A granulated sweetener may bring a grainy chocolate cake, and a liquid sweetener makes the sugar-free cake too liquidy.
It’s super easy to make powdered sweetener at home if you have a coffee grinder or a food processor.
How many carbs are in a flourless cake?
The classic version is pretty high in sugar and carbs. My keto flourless cake has only 7g net carbs per slices with the chocolate ganache included. If you prefer not adding any toppings, enjoy a less than 5g net carbs satisfying sugar-free, low carb dessert.
Other Chocolaty Low-Carb Desserts You’ll Love:
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies
- Low Carb & Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake
- Keto French Silk Pie
Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
For the Chocolate Ganache
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ c. unsweetened chocolate chips
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/ 160°C. F. Line a 9" springform or round metal cake pan with a piece of parchment paper and grease well the sides.
To make the cake:
- Chop the chocolate bars into small pieces. Put the chocolate pieces or chocolate chips in a large bowl. Add the butter and place on a double boiler to melt. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts.
- Meanwhile, separate the eggs. Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and a pinch of salt. Using an electric mixer beat until stiff peaks start to form. Set aside.
- Place the egg yolk in another bowl and add the powdered sweetener. Mix for 2-3 minutes until they get a lighter color.
- Pour the yolk mixutre over the melted chocolate. Quickly whisk so the yolks won't scramble. Mix in the cocoa powder.
- Gently fold in ½ of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture. Add the other half of the egg whites until well incorporated. The batter should have a uniform color, and it looks light and airy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the top looks set, but it's still "giggly" when you shake the pan.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely. Loosen the edges with a knife and transfer to a serving plate.
Make the Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake Glaze:
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the whipping cream until smooth.
- Top the sugar-free flourless cake with the glaze and top with fresh berries or sliced toasted almonds.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: