This Keto Vanilla Pound Cake is a low carb sweet bread, insanely easy to make with simple ingredients. It’s ready in just 60 minutes, perfect for a delicious snack or quick breakfast. You have to try this fantastic pound bread that’s also gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free made with keto-friendly ingredients.
Vanilla Pound Cake is a dessert I’ve grown with, and I candidly remember my grandmother making a delicious buttery pound cake. Now that I’ve perfected the keto pound cake recipe I can have it as a treat with coffee in the morning or as a snack for work.
I know you’ll love this gluten-free pound cake recipe due to the fantastic feedback we’ve got on our Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe. It’s incredible how many of you tried the blueberry bread recipe and shared photos, tips, and tricks on how to make it even better. I love our community.
Watch the step-by-step video below to see exactly how easy it is to make this delicious keto low carb pound cake:
This glazed keto vanilla pound cake is super versatile and you can add lemon extract, lemon juice or zest to make a keto lemon pound cake that everyone will love.
Ingredients for the Keto Pound Cake
- Eggs – a classic ingredient to use as a base for this moist pound cake. Please use room temperature large eggs for the best results – vegan egg substitute will not work here.
- Almond Flour – use blanched almond flour instead of wheat flour because it’s super fine and the bread has a great texture.
- Coconut Flour – I love to use coconut flour in combination with almond flour because it contributes to the best texture in keto baked goods and reduces carbs.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – If you prefer a paleo pound cake use canned coconut milk instead. Make the bread super creamy and melts in your mouth.
- Sweetener – any of your favorite keto sweeteners such as Erythritol, Monk Fruit, or Xylitol. Replace with coconut sugar for a paleo version.
- Butter – coconut oil works just as fine and adds a subtle coconut taste.
- Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Extract
- Baking Powder
How to Make Keto Pound Cake?
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it’s effortless to make this gluten-free pound cake. I love that this sweet low carb bread that doesn’t taste eggy, making it perfect served for breakfast instead of bacon and eggs.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the wet ingredients into a medium bowl until the eggs look frothy and the sweetener is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients to create a smooth keto pound cake batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the pound cake cool down and enjoy it!
Easy Sugar-free Lemon Glaze for the Pound Cake
To make this almond flour pound cake even more delicious, you can make a delightful sugar-free lemon glaze with just 2 ingredients. Combine powdered sweetener with lemon juice until well incorporated and drizzle over the cooled pound cake. That’s it! So easy, right?
This pound cake has a nice brown color on the outside whole being super soft and moist on the inside. Think about making keto french toast. Yum!
What can You Add to Keto Pound Cake?
- Sugar-free Chocolate chips
- Lemon Zest
- Orange zest
- Cream cheese
How Long to Store Keto Pound Cake?
Keto Pound Cake lasts for up 3-4 days at room temperature in an airtight container. If you keep it in the refrigerator, reheat the slices in the microwave or pop them into the oven for a few minutes to soften.
How To Freeze Almond Flour Pound Cake?
If you prefer to store grain-free pound cake in the freezer, first slice your pound cake and wrap them individually in parchment paper. This way it’s easier to defrost only one slice when craving a warm slice of keto lemon pound cake. I recommend freezing this bread without the sugar-free glaze and add the glaze only after reheating.
Serve with my sugar-free raspberry chia jam for the best keto breakfast or snack.
Other Low Carb Keto Bread Recipes for You to Try:
- The Easiest Keto Zucchini Bread – 3g Net Carbs
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Keto Marble Cake • Chocolate Vanilla Marble Pound Cake
- How to make 90 second Keto Bread? Low Carb & Grain-free
- Low Carb & Keto Cornbread
Easy Keto Vanilla Pound Cake – Low-Carb Recipe
For The Sugar-Free Lemon Glaze
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F /180°C. Grease a small loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, butter, sweetener, heavy cream, vanilla extract. Lemon extract. Using a hand mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes until the eggs look frothy.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients: the almond flour, baking powder, and coconut flour.
- Combine together the dry and the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth down the top using a spatula.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until cooked through (it should pass the toothpick test).
- To Make the Lemon Glaze: Whisk the powdered sweetener with the lemon juice until the well combined.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the chilled pound cake. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: