This Keto Pound Cake is a low carb sweet bread, insanely easy to make with simple ingredients. Almond flour pound cake is ready in less than 60 minutes, perfect for a delicious snack or quick breakfast. You have to try this buttery low carb pound cake recipe that’s also gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free made with keto-friendly ingredients.
Vanilla pound cake is a classic dessert that has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I have fond memories of my grandmother’s delicious buttery pound cake, and now that I have perfected a keto-friendly version, I can enjoy it as a treat with my morning coffee or as a satisfying snack at work.
I know you’ll love this gluten-free pound cake recipe due to the fantastic feedback we’ve got on our Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe. It’s incredible how many of you tried the blueberry bread recipe and shared photos, tips, and tricks on how to make it even better. I love our community.
Watch the step-by-step video below to see exactly how easy it is to make this delicious keto low carb pound cake:
This glazed keto vanilla pound cake is super versatile and you can add lemon extract, lemon juice or zest to make a keto lemon pound cake that everyone will love.
Reasons You’ll Love this Low Carb Pound Cake Recipe
- Quick and easy to make with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- Low-carb and keto-friendly: low in carbs and sugar, making it a perfect choice for anyone following a gluten-free diet.
- Versatile: serve with fresh berries or whipped cream for an extra special treat. You can also use it as a base for other desserts, such as trifle or strawberry shortcake.
- Family-friendly: This pound cake is a hit with both kids and adults, making it a great dessert to serve at family gatherings or parties.
Ingredients for the Keto Pound Cake
- Eggs – a classic ingredient to use as a base for this moist pound cake. Please use room temperature large eggs for the best results – vegan egg substitute will not work here.
- Almond Flour – use blanched almond flour instead of wheat flour because it’s super fine and the bread has a great texture.
- Coconut Flour – I love to use coconut flour in combination with almond flour because it contributes to the best texture in keto baked goods and reduces carbs.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – If you prefer a paleo pound cake use canned coconut milk instead. Make the bread super creamy and melts in your mouth.
- Sweetener – any of your favorite keto sweeteners such as Erythritol, Monk Fruit, or Xylitol. Replace with coconut sugar for a paleo version.
- Butter – coconut oil works just as fine and adds a subtle coconut taste.
- Vanilla Extract – Use a good quality vanilla extract to add flavor to your keto pound cake. You can also use vanilla bean paste or scraped vanilla beans for a stronger vanilla flavor.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder helps the pound cake rise and become fluffy. Make sure to use a fresh and high-quality baking powder.
How to Make Keto Pound Cake?
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it’s effortless to make this gluten-free pound cake. I love that this sweet low carb bread that doesn’t taste eggy, making it perfect served for breakfast instead of bacon and eggs.
- To make a foolproof keto pound cake, preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients, whisking them together until the eggs are frothy and the sweetener fully dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well, creating a smooth batter for your keto pound cake.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the pound cake is done, allow it to cool before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy keto pound cake, perfect for anyone following a low-carb or ketogenic diet!
Easy Sugar-free Lemon Glaze for the Pound Cake
To make this almond flour pound cake even more delicious, you can make a delightful sugar-free lemon glaze with just 2 ingredients. Combine powdered sweetener with lemon juice until well incorporated and drizzle over the cooled pound cake. That’s it! So easy, right?
This pound cake has a nice brown color on the outside whole being super soft and moist on the inside. Think about making keto french toast. Yum!
What Can You Add to Keto Pound Cake?
There are many different ingredients that you can add to a keto pound cake to customize the flavor and texture. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Berries: Adding fresh or frozen berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries, can give your pound cake a burst of fruity flavor and a pop of color.
- Chocolate chips: Sugar-free chocolate chips are a great way to add some indulgent sweetness to your pound cake without breaking your ketogenic diet.
- Nuts: Chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, for an extra crunchy texture.
- Spices: Experiment with adding different spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom, to your pound cake batter for a warm, comforting flavor.
- Citrus zest: Adding a bit of citrus zest, such as lemon or orange, can give your pound cake a bright, fresh flavor.
Just make sure to choose keto-friendly ingredients and adjust the recipe accordingly to ensure that your pound cake stays low-carb and fits within your dietary goals.
Tips For Making The Best Easy Low Carb Keto Pound Cake Recipe
- Let ingredients come to room temperature: Let your eggs and butter come to room temperature before mixing to help them combine easily and create a smoother batter.
- Don’t overmix: Overmixing the batter can cause the pound cake to become tough and dry. Mix the ingredients until they are just combined.
- Use the right loaf pan size: If you use a pan that is too small, the batter will overflow and make a mess in your oven. If you use a pan that is too large, the pound cake will be flat and not rise properly. For this recipe, I used a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Let it cool: Allow your pound cake to cool completely before slicing it to prevent it from falling apart.
There are several ways to serve keto pound cake, depending on personal preference. Here are some ideas:
- Plain: Serve a slice of keto pound cake on its own for a simple and satisfying dessert.
- Top with Whipped Cream: Add a dollop of homemade sugar-free whipped cream on top of the pound cake for a classic and indulgent touch.
- Fresh Berries: Serve the pound cake with fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, for a burst of fruity flavor and added nutrition.
- Toasted: Toast a slice of pound cake for a warm and crunchy twist on this classic dessert.
- Keto Ice Cream: Top a slice of pound cake with a scoop of keto-friendly ice cream for an extra decadent treat.
- Serve with my sugar-free raspberry chia jam for the best keto breakfast or snack.
How Long to Store Keto Pound Cake?
Keto Pound Cake lasts for up 3-4 days at room temperature in an airtight container. If you keep it in the refrigerator, reheat the slices in the microwave or pop them into the oven for a few minutes to soften.
How To Freeze Almond Flour Pound Cake?
If you prefer to store grain-free pound cake in the freezer, first slice your pound cake and wrap them individually in parchment paper. This way it’s easier to defrost only one slice when craving a warm slice of keto lemon pound cake. I recommend freezing this bread without the sugar-free glaze and add the glaze only after reheating.
Other Low Carb Keto Bread Recipes for You to Try:
- The Easiest Keto Zucchini Bread – 3g Net Carbs
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Keto Marble Cake • Chocolate Vanilla Marble Pound Cake
- How to make 90 second Keto Bread? Low Carb & Grain-free
- Low Carb & Keto Cornbread
Easy Keto Pound Cake
For The Sugar-Free Lemon Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sweetener
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F /180°C. Grease a small 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, butter, sweetener, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and lemon extract. Using a hand mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes until the eggs look frothy.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients: the almond flour, baking powder, and coconut flour.
- Combine together the dry and the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth down the top using a spatula.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until cooked through (it should pass the toothpick test).
- To Make the Lemon Glaze: Whisk the powdered sweetener with the lemon juice until the well combined.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the chilled pound cake. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: