This easy Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta combines the richness of pumpkin, the smoothness of avocado, and the tang of feta, resulting in a mouthwatering masterpiece that’s perfect for weeknight dinners or festive gatherings. Not only is it delicious, but this salad is also both visually appealing and nutritionally packed, offering a balanced mix of vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients.
This delicious pumpkin salad is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for any party or potluck. It’s a mouthwatering combination that’s ready in less such a short time without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Trust us-our Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta is a must-try for your recipe collection. Made with simple ingredients and quick prep, you can enjoy a balanced blend of creamy avocado, crispy baked pumpkin, and bold feta—an instant classic perfect for culinary exploration.
I love salads, and this Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta has become a true masterpiece along with my Chicken Salad, Grinder Salad, and BLT Salad. This recipe embodies everything I adore about salads—crisp freshness, exciting textures, and a symphony of flavors.
Why Are You Going To Love This Roast Pumpkin Salad
- It’s super easy to make in such a short time.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Each ingredient has nutritional benefits, offering a wholesome and nutrient-rich meal option that satisfies taste and health.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can enjoy this salad for dinner, lunch, or even as a side dish.
- Made from easy-to-find ingredients.
- Loaded with a perfect balance of flavors.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser.
- Whether serving it as an appetizer or a main course, this salad impresses any guests, making it a surefire hit at gatherings.
- It’s a customizable recipe. Feel free to add your favorite veggies or seasoning to the salad.
Ingredients For Roast Pumpkin Salad
Another great thing about this roast pumpkin salad with feta recipe is that it uses only a few easy-to-find ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Avocado – use a ripe avocado that’s super creamy.
- Feta Cheese – gives a distinctive tanginess that complements the other flavors in the salad.
- Pine Nuts – provide a crunchy texture and a nutty flavor to the salad.
- Arugula & Spinach Leaves – you can also use only one type of greens or replace them with your favorite ones.
For The Roasted Pumpkin
- Pumpkin – brings a vibrant orange color and a sweet, earthy flavor to the salad.
- Olive Oil – you can also use any other vegetable oil.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Paprika – adds a mild smokiness and a touch of warmth to the roasted pumpkin.
For The Dressing
- Olive Oil – any vegetable oil is great.
- Balsamic Vinegar – gives a sweet and tangy note to the salad dressing.
- Dijon Mustard – any type of mustard will also work if you don’t like Dijon mustard.
- Salt & pepper – used to enhance all the flavors in this salad.
- Honey(optional) – brings a ‘subtle sweetness’ to the dressing.
How To Make Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta
Making a Roast Pumpkin, Spinach, and Feta Salad is a simple process that anyone can follow. You just need to roast the pumpkin, chop the other ingredients, prepare the dressing, and mix them. It’s as easy as that. Here are the steps you need to take:
Roast The Pumpkin
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
Peel and cut the pumpkin into 2cm-3/4” cubes, then season them with salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil.
Spread the pumpkin in a single layer on a baking tray and bake it for about 20 minutes or until brown on the edges and cooked through.
Prepare The Dressing
Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
Assemble The Salad
Add the arugula and baby spinach to a serving bowl, then add the avocado chunks, baked pumpkin cubes, feta cheese, and pine nuts.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
- Use fresh ingredients like ripe avocado, tender leafy greens, and a flavourful pumpkin to ensure your salad’s best flavors and textures.
- Try using arugula and spinach leaves in equal parts for a ‘balanced’ blend of flavors.
- Cut the pumpkin into uniform pieces before baking it to ensure even cooking.
- You can try toasting the pine nuts to bring out their nutty and rich flavors.
- Toss the salad gently and coat all the ingredients with the dressing without mashing the avocado or pumpkin. Use your hands or two large utensils for this.
- You can prepare the dressing in advance and store it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let all the flavors enhance.
- If you plan to enjoy the salad later, I recommend not adding the dressing since the ingredients will turn out soggy while stored in the fridge.
- Add sliced black or green olives for a salty and tangy kick.
- If you like marinated artichoke hearts, you can add a few for a delicious and unique flavor.
- Add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes for a rich and slightly sweet flavor.
- Add some crumbled bacon to the salad for a smoky flavor and a crunchy texture.
How To Store
- Fridge: You can store this simple pumpkin salad recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Freezer: This salad cannot be stored in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Salad In Advance?
Sure, you can prepare this pumpkin salad in advance and store the ingredients separately from the dressing until serving to prevent sogginess.
Can I Use Any Type Of Lettuce For This Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta?
Sure, feel free to use various types of lettuce for this salad. Some great choices will be romaine lettuce, mixed greens, or spinach.
More Salad Recipes
- Grinder Salad Recipe
- Jennifer Aniston Salad
- Easy Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- Best Easy and Healthy Tuna Salad
Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta
For The Pumpkin
For The Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/ 200°C.
- Prepare the pumpkin: Peel and cut the pumpkin into ¾" (2cm) cubes, then season them with salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil.
- Roast the Pumpkin: Spread the pumpkin on a baking tray and bake it for about 20 minutes or until brown on the edges and cooked through.
- Make the dressing: Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Assemble the salad: Add the arugula and baby spinach to a serving bowl, then add the avocado chunks, baked pumpkin cubes, feta cheese, and pine nuts.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.