This BLT Salad recipe basically a deconstructed sandwich made with crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, crispy bacon pieces, and croutons, tossed together with a creamy dressing. It’s creates a refreshing, delicious, and healthy dish.
This salad offers a perfect balance of flavors and textures, with the salty crunch of the bacon, the sweetness of the tomatoes, and the creaminess of the dressing.
This recipe is super easy to make and doesn’t require any cooking skills so that you can make it for a quick and easy lunch or as a side dish next to your favorite steak or any main dish.
Made from crispy bacon, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and a tangy-creamy dressing, this BLT salad recipe is perfect for those who love BLT sandwiches but are looking for a healthier version and to reduce the carb intake in their diet.
Imagine all your favorite BLT sandwich flavors in one easy, quick salad; sounds great, right? This BLT salad is a crowd-pleaser for any party or a quick meal, and it can be made according to your taste by adding your favorite ingredients.
- What Is BLT Salad?
- Why Are You Going To Love This BLT Salad Recipe
- How To Make BLT Salad
- Tips For Making The Best BLT Salad
- BLT Salad Recipe Variations
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Salad Recipes
- BLT Salad Recipe
What Is BLT Salad?
A BLT salad it’s a refreshing, delicious, and healthier version of the traditional BLT sandwich. Made from crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes, this salad recipe it’s a healthy alternative that brings all the flavors of the sandwich in a salad form skipping the carbs from the bread bun.
It’s typically served on a bed of fresh lettuce, topped with crispy bacon, sliced tomatoes, and croutons, and dressed with a creamy dressing.
Why Are You Going To Love This BLT Salad Recipe
- Ready in only 10 minutes.
- Brings the classic flavors of a BLT sandwich into a refreshing salad form avoiding all those carbs from the bread.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe; feel free to add your favorite veggies.
- Super easy to make in just a few minutes.
- It’s a great way to incorporate more greens and vegetables into your diet.
- It’s a light and refreshing salad recipe perfect for any occasion.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s made using only a few easy-to-find ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Cooked Bacon – is one of my favorite ingredients in this recipe since it gives that crunchy and delicious smoky flavor.
- Tomatoes – You can use any tomatoes; for example, I used cherry tomatoes, but you can also replace them with Roma tomatoes.
- Red Onion – you can also use yellow onion if you don’t have any red ones.
- Lettuce – I used romaine, but feel free to use any lettuce you like. Iceberg lettuce also can be used.
BLT Salad Dressing
- Mayo – I used full fat because it is thick and creamy.
- Sour Cream – adds a tangy and creamy flavor to the dressing.
- Garlic – use fresh minced garlic for an intense and delicious flavor.
- Milk – helps the sauce to thin out and reach the right consistency.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make BLT Salad
Making this easy BLT salad recipe is extremely easy since there’s no cooking involved except the bacon. Here are the instructions that you have to follow:
Cook The Bacon
Start by cooking the bacon in a skillet, air fryer, or oven until crispy. I like using this method to obtain perfectly crispy bacon in less than 20 minutes.
Make The Dressing
Meantime prepare the dressing. Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Cover with plastic foil and let it rest in the fridge while making the salad to enhance the flavors.
Prepare The Vegetables
Remove any wilted outer leaves from the lettuce, then chop it and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Assemble The BLT Salad
Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients on top of it.
Pour the BLT dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Tips For Making The Best BLT Salad
- You can cook the bacon in advance to reduce the prep time of making this salad.
- Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor and texture.
- You can prepare your dressing in advance and let it rest in the fridge for a couple of minutes to enhance the flavors.
- Feel free to add your favorite toppings, like avocado slices or boiled eggs.
BLT Salad Recipe Variations
- Avocado BLT Salad: Add sliced avocado for some healthy fats and creaminess.
- Chicken BLT Salad: Top the salad with some pan-seared chicken for an extra protein boost.
- Egg BLT Salad: Hard-boiled eggs are a great addition to the salad and add some extra protein and creaminess.
- Caesar BLT Salad: Replace the creamy dressing with a classic Caesar dressing for the best flavor.
- Vegan BLT Salad: Use vegan bacon and a plant-based dressing to make this salad vegan-friendly.
- Cobb BLT Salad: Add some blue cheese, chopped avocado, and hard-boiled eggs for a delicious Cobb salad twist on the traditional BLT salad.
- Mediterranean BLT Salad: Add olives, feta cheese, and a lemony dressing for a Mediterranean-inspired twist on the classic salad.
If you have any leftover BLT salad, it’s best to store it properly to preserve its texture and flavor. I recommend not keeping it for more than a day or two since the ingredients will become soggy and lose their texture and taste.
To store this salad, place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
However, it’s important to note that the salad dressing can cause the lettuce to wilt and become mushy over time, so it’s best to keep the dressing separate and add it just before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Prepare This Salad In Advance?
I recommend eating this salad freshly prepared, but if you are struggling with a busy day, you can cook the bacon and prepare the dressing in advance.
Can I Use Other Type Of Lettuce For This Recipe?
Sure, you can use any type of lettuce in this BLT salad, such as romaine, iceberg, or butter lettuce.
More Salad Recipes
- Greek Salad
- Antipasto Salad
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- Big Mac Salad – Keto Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
- Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
- 20 Minute Creamy Broccoli with Bacon
BLT Salad Recipe
- 1 medium head of lettuce
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 cups tomatoes
- 12 oz cooked bacon crumbled
For the BLT Dressing:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp milk or more to get the right texture
- 2 garlic cloves pinched
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Start by cooking the bacon in a skillet, air fryer, or oven until crispy.
- Add all the ingredients: mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, garlic, chives, and seasonings) to a large mixing bowl and mix using a whisker until well combined.
- Set aside while preparing the vegetables.
- Chop the lettuce, then wash and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a bowl, then add the rest of the vegetables and crumbled bacon on top of it.
- Pour the BLT dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: