This deliciously thick and creamy cottage cheese smoothie is loaded with protein, thanks to the star ingredient: cottage cheese. Not only does it give the smoothie a super indulgent texture, but it also packs 13 grams of protein, making it the perfect snack after your workout. Plus, you’ll love how quick and easy it is to whip up this sugar-free smoothie in just 5 minutes.
Say goodbye to boring breakfasts and hello to a tasty and protein-packed way to kickstart your day!
What’s not to love about a refreshing smoothie recipe that combines cottage cheese, frozen strawberries, and almond milk, to create a low-carb smoothie version that’s perfect for anyone watching their carb intake?
So if you love smoothies, try this Cottage Cheese Smoothie recipe. This sugar-free rich, creamy smoothie is also super healthy and nutritious, perfect for breakfast, a post-workout, or a work snack.
I love smoothies recipes since they are super easy to make in under 10 minutes from start to finish. That’s why anytime I need a quick snack to keep me full for a few hours; I always choose to make some of my strawberry protein smoothie, triple berry smoothie, chocolate peanut butter smoothie, or this cottage cheese smoothie.
What Is Cottage Cheese Smoothie?
A cottage cheese smoothie is a delicious healthy breakfast or snack option that’s loaded with protein. It’s a delicious blend of cottage cheese, frozen fruits, and a splash of liquid that’s a great source of protein and super creamy.
Why Are You Going To Love This Cottage Cheese Smoothie Recipe
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Ready in under 10 minutes.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can serve it for breakfast or as a quick snack.
- Loaded with delicious flavors.
- It’s a customizable recipe. Feel free to use your favorite berries.
- Creamy, rich, and nutritious.
You will need only a few naturally low-carb ingredients that are easy to find to make this delicious cottage cheese smoothie. Here is everything you will need:
- Cottage Cheese – providing a good source of protein, cottage cheese is one of the main ingredients in this smoothie recipe that creates a creamy texture.
- Frozen Strawberries – you can use any frozen berries that you can find at your local grocery store.
- Ice Cubes – makes the smoothie thicker and creamier.
- Almond Milk – feel free to use any plant-based milk that you like.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract for an intense, delicious flavor.
- Maple Syrup or Honey – this is an optional ingredient. You can use it if you want your smoothie to be sweeter.
How To Make Cottage Cheese Smoothie
This is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes I have ever tried. You will need only 5 minutes of prep and a blender. Here are the steps that you have to follow:
Preparing The Smoothie
Add all the liquid ingredients to the bottom of the blender.
Then add the cream cheese and frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries will give your smoothie a refreshing and frosty texture.
Blend on high speed until the mixture is creamy, and everything is well combined (with no chunks of fruit remaining).
If you like your smoothie extra cold, add a handful of ice cubes to the blender.
You can adjust the sweetness of your smoothie by adding more honey replacement.
Once the desired consistency is achieved, pour your delicious cottage cheese and strawberry smoothie into a glass.
Other Frozen Fruit Options
- Mixed Berries: Replace the frozen strawberries with a mix of frozen berries such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Tropical: Use a blend of frozen tropical fruits like mango, pineapple, or papaya.
- Peachy: Use frozen peaches as the star fruit in your smoothie.
- Banana: The creamy banana adds a smooth texture and enhances the natural sweetness of the berries.
Tips For The Best Making Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- Use a high-powered blender since the cottage cheese can be thick and difficult to blend.
- You can blend the cottage cheese first since it can be lumpy, and once smooth, you can add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
Cottage Cheese Smoothie Recipe Variations
- Add 1/2 tbsp of flaxseeds or chia seeds for more protein and vitamins.
- Add one tbsp of cocoa powder for a chocolate strawberry twist.
- Add some Greek yogurt or ripe avocado chunks for a creamier texture.
- You can replace the almond milk with heavy or coconut cream for a creamier smoothie.
- Boost your smoothie with vitamins and minerals by adding some kale, spinach, or romaine lettuce.
- Fridge: Pour the leftover cottage cheese smoothie into an airtight container, such as a mason jar or a glass container, and cover it with a lid, then store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze this smoothie in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Cottage Cheese?
Cottage cheese is a type of fresh cheese that is made from the curds of cow’s milk. It has a mild, slightly tangy flavor and a moist, crumbly texture. Cottage cheese is used for its high protein content and is often considered a nutritious option in many diets. Among the vitamins commonly found in cottage cheese are vitamins B12, B2, and Vitamin D. It’s also rich in calcium and phosphorus, making it a superfood.
Is This Cottage Cheese Smoothie Keto?
Sure, this easy cottage cheese smoothie is sugar-free and made from naturally low-carb ingredients so it can be included in a keto diet without any problems.
Can I Make This Smoothie With Other Type Of Fruits?
Sure, feel free to add your favorite keto-friendly frozen fruits or even vegetables to your smoothie. Frozen raspberries, blueberries, spinach, and kale are some great ideas.
Can I Make This Smoothie With Fresh Fruits?
Yes, you can, but the texture won’t be the same. I recommend using frozen fruit to make your smoothie thicker and creamier.
Can I Make A Protein Cottage Cheese Smoothie?
To enhance the protein content of your cottage cheese smoothie, consider adding a serving of your favorite protein powder to the recipe. Keep in mind that protein powder tends to thicken the smoothie, so it’s important to adjust the amount of milk accordingly to achieve the desired consistency. By making these adjustments, you can enjoy a protein-packed cottage cheese smoothie without compromising its smooth and creamy texture.
More Smoothie Recipes
- High Protein Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Avocado Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Best Green Smoothie (No Banana!)
Cottage Cheese Smoothie
- Add the liquid ingredients to the bottom of the blender.
- Then add the cottage cheese and frozen strawberries and blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- If the cottage cheese smoothie seems too thick, add extra milk until it has the right consistency.
- Adjust the sweetness, pour into glasses, and enjoy immediately.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: