This high-protein keto strawberry smoothie recipe is super easy to make, delicious, and extremely thick. With only 7 ingredients and in less than 5 minutes, enjoy a classic strawberry smoothie that’s refreshing and loaded with protein. It’s perfect for serving breakfast or as a post-workout snack or breakfast!
Homemade smoothies are a breeze to whip up, and you can control the amount of added sugars and the quality of the ingredients. Plus, they are super customizable, low carb, high in fiber, protein, and vitamin C!
Watch this quick step by step video to see how easy it is to make this keto strawberry smoothie.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen strawberry – It’s essential to use frozen strawberries or any berries you have on hand. They make this smoothie cold and refreshing.
- Milk – Any type of unsweetened milk will work in this recipe – almond milk, coconut milk, or macadamia nut milk.
- Heavy cream – makes this smoothie taste like a delicious milkshake. If you want to go dairy-free just skip it or replace it with coconut cream
- Protein powder – I used unflavored protein powder, but you can use vanilla and even chocolate.
- Xanthan gum – The secret ingredient that makes this smoothie instantly thick and super creamy. You’ll need such a small quantity. I usually order this one off Amazon, and it keeps me for months.
- Sweetener – Depending on the sweetness of your berries, use more or less sweetener. You can either use granulated sweetener or a liquid one – they both add that delicious sweet taste.
- Vanilla extract – Omit vanilla extract if using vanilla flavored protein powder.
How to Make a Keto Strawberry Smoothie?
This keto strawberry smoothie is incredibly easy to make. Basically, all you have to do is to blend all the ingredients in your blender until completely smooth.
There are a few secrets that make this smoothie so smooth and creamy:
- Add the liquid to the bottom of the blender mug. I used unsweetened almond milk, but any plant-based milk will work. You can even use Greek yogurt.
- Next, add frozen strawberries. You could use fresh strawberries and ice cubes, but it won’t turn out as creamy as frozen berries.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including heavy cream or coconut cream, your favorite protein powder or half a creamy avocado, some sweetener, and 1/4 tsp xanthan gum for extra thickness.
- Blend them in your smoothie maker. Taste test, and if your strawberries aren’t too sweet, you may adjust the sweetness by adding more sweetener.
Can I Make a dairy-free strawberry smoothie?
It’s easy to make this dairy-free strawberry smoothie if you replace the heavy cream with coconut cream and use a vegan protein powder.
Variations on this Keto Strawberry Smoothie:
One thing I love about this keto smoothie is that it is incredibly versatile and can be customized in so many ways. To make it even more satisfying, you can use some of my suggestions below and add:
- Flaxseeds or chia seeds – loaded with fiber, protein, tons of minerals, and vitamins.
- A spoonful of cocoa powder and decorate with cocoa nibs for a super decadent dessert-like smoothie.
- Creamy Peanut Butter or Almond Butter would be a great addition and the best way to include more fats.
- A handful of fresh baby spinach for some extra vitamin K, lutein, and vitamin C.
Just get creative, and let’s make the best keto strawberry smoothie together. Add anything that sounds good to you, and it’s low in carbs.
How to Store Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
- To store: It’s best to consume this strawberry smoothie fresh. If you prefer to store it, don’t keep it for more than 24 hours in the refrigerator as it starts to separate and loses that creamy texture.
- Is this smoothie freezer-friendly? – Yes! You can freeze this smoothie in an ice cube tray, and when ready to serve, just blend the ice cubes to make the best smoothie. It tastes like soft serve!
Are You Looking for More Keto Strawberry Recipes? Try these:
- Low Carb Keto Strawberry Mousse
- Perfect Keto Strawberry Bread • Just 3g net carbs!
- Keto Fruit Pizza with Cream Cheese
High Protein Keto Strawberry Smoothie – Super Thick & Creamy!
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. If the mixture seems too thick, add some extra milk or water. If it looks too thin, mix in a few more frozen berries.
- Pour the smoothie into two serving glasses and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: