Today I am showing you how to make a keto smoothie, that’s super easy to blend, perfect for a quick breakfast or as a healthy low carb snack. It contains superfoods that will help you feel energized all day long.
Drinking a green smoothie almost every day is a healthy habit that keeps me on track and it’s the best way to incorporate more veggies every day.
If you’re like me and find it hard to eat leafy greens, this keto green smoothie is a great way to include them in your diet.
Ingredients for the Keto Smoothie Recipe
A keto smoothie is an easy way to include more superfoods in your diet. You’ll be surprised to see how full of energy you feel after you drink a glass of smoothie every morning.
- Unsweetened coconut milk – The keto smoothie recipe starts with a base of 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk. The medium-chain fatty acid ( lauric acid ) found in coconut milk will be absorbed by the body for instant energy, lowers cholesterol levels, and improves blood pressure. Some studies show that coconut milk prevents heart attacks or stroke.
- Leafy greens such as kale, spinach, romaine, or chard.
- Chia seeds are well known for their high content of essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. Adding one tablespoon of chia seeds to your keto smoothie gives you almost 6g of fiber. The great thing about fiber is that it doesn’t raise blood sugar so that we won’t count it as a carb. Chia seeds also contain high-quality protein. Experts believe that chia seeds can help you lose weight because the protein in chia seeds reduce your appetite.
- spirulina powder
- fresh raspberries
- keto sweetener
- vanilla extract
Another superfood to add in your keto smoothie is spirulina powder. This blue-green alga can detox your body from heavy metals and helps heal candida.
Spirulina is used as an energy booster because in minerals and vitamins:
- Riboflavin: 60% DV
- Thiamin: 44% DV
- Niacin: 18% DV
- Copper: 85% DV
- Iron: 44% DV
- Manganese: 27% DV
- Magnesium: 14% DV
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 230mg
- Omega-6 fatty acids: 351 mg
This keto smoothie is dairy-free, paleo and also suitable for a vegan keto diet. In fact, it is an excellent choice for any healthy diet.
How to Make a Keto Green Smoothie?
Let me tell you that all you have to do is to add the ingredients in your blender and press the start button. In less than 5 minutes you’ll have a healthy green detox smoothie to drink.
How many carbs are in the keto smoothie?
This recipe makes two healthy keto smoothies. A serving has only 2.7g net carbs. Subtract the dietary fiber from the total carb count to get to find out the net carbs.
- Calories 140.1 kcal
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 361mg
- Total Carbs: 8.7g
- Net Carbs: 2.7g
- Dietary Fiber 6g
- Protein 3.4g
How To Store The Leftovers
- Fridge: Green smoothies are best served immediately, but you may keep this in the fridge for up to one day. It will separate; mix or shake it to reassemble it.
- Freezer: I do not recommend freezing this smoothie because it will completely change its texture and taste.
Looking for More Keto Smoothies Recipes? Try these:
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Our Favorite Triple Berry Smoothie
- Keto Dalgona Coffee – Sugar-Free Whipped Coffee
- Bulletproof Vanilla Keto Iced Coffee
- Keto Butter Coffee
- Bulletproof Tea with Turmeric – Golden Milk
Keto Smoothie – Healthy Green Detox Low Carb Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/2 avocado ripe
- 1 cup mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 tsp fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender add all the ingredients.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: