I love having a bowl of keto oatmeal (also called keto noatmeal or low carb porridge) topped with fresh berries and almonds flakes for a perfect low carb breakfast. It’s ready in 5 minutes and super easy to prepare.
It’s such an easy and quick recipe, the perfect keto replacement for the classic oatmeal that is high in carbs.
You’ll be surprised that even the texture it’s similar to the classic oatmeal bowl. I discovered this recipe a few months ago, and since then I am making it almost daily.
This keto breakfast it’s so filling and the serving size it’s so huge that sometimes I eat half in the morning and use the rest as a low carb snack.
The ingredients are super cheap and easy to find. It is also super fast to make.
Ingredients for keto oatmeal
The main ingredients in this recipe are coconut flour, flax meal, and unsweetened coconut milk. In fact, you can use any nut milk you love, but make sure it has no sugars added.
The coconut flour will absorb all the liquid, making the noatmeal thick and delicious, while the flax meal will give a tasty nutty flavor.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp keto approved sweetener
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
How to make the keto oatmeal? Instructions
There are two methods to make keto cereal and both of them are super fast.
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for about 2 minutes or until it gets the desired consistency.
You can make this vegan keto oatmeal, by simply substituting the butter with coconut oil.
If you are looking for a low-calorie oatmeal, you can leave out the butter and it will still be as good and creamy. On a ketogenic diet, you have to increase the fat intake and this a great way.
If you make the recipe I would be delighted to see how your keto oatmeal turned out!
Watch the video below to learn how you can make an easy keto breakfast
After you make the keto oatmeal base, you can add any toppings you want. Make it healthier and nutritious by adding hemp hearts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, almond flakes, MCT oil, protein powder.
Making this at night and having it ready in the morning it’s also super helpful for busy days. You can reheat it in the microwave or eat it with extra coconut milk on top. I love the coconut milk touch, it makes me feel like eating real cereal.
Easy 5 minute Keto Noatmeal – Low Carb Cereal for Breakfast
- In a saucepan pour the milk, add the coconut flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener, and cinnamon.
- Combine all the ingredients and place the saucepan over medium-high heat stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Garnish with almond flakes and low carb berries. Enjoy!
How many carbs are in the low carb noatmeal?
This recipe is packed with lots of healthy dietary fiber that aids digestion and has many health benefits. The daily recommendation for adults is around 25 grams.
A serving has almost 5 g net carbs. To find out the net carbs, subtract the dietary fiber from the total carb count.
- Calories: 274 kcal
- Carbs: 14 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.4 g
- Net Carbs: 4.6 g
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Protein: 5.4 g