Keto biscuits and gravy is the ultimate comfort breakfast food. Make a batch of low carb biscuits and delicious sausage gravy in less than 30 minutes. These cheddar biscuits are light and soft, full of flavor and the gravy is insanely creamy and tasty.
Well, biscuits and gravy are usually a breakfast meal, but I don’t mind having it for lunch or dinner. An old Southern favorite recipe made keto.
HOW TO MAKE KETO BISCUITS AND GRAVY?
To get right into the story and give you the most wonderful keto biscuits and gravy recipe, please watch the step-by-step video below:
Ingredients for the keto biscuits:
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
Use any cheese you want. I used aged cheddar, but this recipe works with any kind of hard cheese.
Ingredients for the keto gravy:
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
As we can’t thicken the sauce with flour, you can use a small amount of xanthan gum. I didn’t use any thickener because once the sauce simmers, it gets pretty thick.
Once the sausage is cooked add the chicken broth, cream cheese, heavy cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste and only if needed. Sausage is usually pretty salty. Let it simmer until the sauce becomes thicker.
Serve this delicious keto sausage gravy with one or two biscuits.
How many carbs are in the keto biscuits?
I divided the batter into 9 equal biscuits so each comes at about:
- 115 calories
- 3g carbs
- 1g fiber
- 2g net carbs
You will probably love these keto breakfast recipes too:
Keto Biscuits and Gravy - Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
Keto Sausage Gravy
To make the biscuits
- In a large bowl add the eggs, one tablespoon cream cheese, and salt. Whisk for 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted butter over the egg mixture and continue whisking,
- Add the cheddar cheese, coconut flour, and baking powder and combine well. Let the biscuits dough sit for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid and make the dough thick.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal biscuits. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until they get a beautiful golden color.
To make the sausage gravy
- In a large skillet add the ground sausage. Brown and crumble the meat into smaller pieces over medium heat until fully cooked. Add the chicken broth, cream cheese and whipping cream. Stir to combine well and let it simmer until it becomes thicker. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if necessary).
- Serve one or two keto biscuits with 1/2 cup of gravy. Enjoy!