These Keto Biscuits and Gravy are the ultimate comfort breakfast food – extremely tender and delicious. Enjoy a batch of low carb biscuits and satisfying sausage gravy in less than 30 minutes.
These cheddar biscuits are light and soft, full of flavor and the gravy is insanely creamy and tasty.
Well, biscuits and gravy are usually a breakfast meal, but I don’t mind having it for lunch or dinner. An old Southern favorite recipe made keto.
Watch the step-by-step video below to see exactly how to make it!
Ingredients For The Keto Biscuits and Gravy
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
Use any cheese you want. I used aged cheddar, but this recipe works with any kind of hard cheese.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
As we can’t thicken the sauce with flour, you can use a small amount of xanthan gum. I didn’t use any thickener because once the sauce simmers, it gets pretty thick.
Once the sausage is cooked add the chicken broth, cream cheese, heavy cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste and only if needed. Sausage is usually pretty salty. Let it simmer until the sauce becomes thicker.
Serve this delicious keto sausage gravy with one or two biscuits.
How To Make Keto Biscuits
- Start by preheating the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease well a muffin tin.
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, and a pinch o salt.
- Add the melted butter and continue mixing. Continue by adding the cheddar cheese, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- After 5 minutes, scoop the dough using a cookie scoop or cut them with a biscuit cutter.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until they look golden on top and smell amazing.
That’s it! Making keto biscuits, it’s super easy, and all my family members love them.
How Many Carbs Are In The Keto biscuits?
I divided the batter into 9 equal biscuits, so each comes at about:
- 115 calories
- 3g carbs
- 1g fiber
- 2g net carbs
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes You Might Like:
Keto Biscuits and Gravy – Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
To make the biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, one tablespoon cream cheese, and salt. Whisk for 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted butter over the egg mixture and continue whisking.
- Add the cheddar cheese, coconut flour, and baking powder and combine well. Let the biscuits dough sit for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid and make the dough thick.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal biscuits. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until they get a beautiful golden color.
To make the sausage gravy
- In a large skillet add the ground sausage. Brown and crumble the meat into smaller pieces over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Add the chicken broth, cream cheese and whipping cream. Stir to combine well and let it simmer until it becomes thicker. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if necessary).
- Serve one or two keto biscuits with 1/2 cup of gravy. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.