These Keto Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Recipe is the ultimate comfort low carb breakfast food. The keto biscuits are extremely tender, fluffy, low carb, and easy to make. Enjoy a batch of these easy low carb keto biscuits topped with a creamy, satisfying sausage gravy that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
These flourless cheddar biscuits are light and soft, full of flavor, and the gravy is insanely creamy and tasty.
Well, biscuits and gravy are usually a breakfast meal, but I don’t mind having it for lunch or dinner. An old Southern favorite recipe made keto.
Watch the step-by-step video below to see exactly how to make keto biscuits and gravy!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
- A Restaurant-quality recipe – but even better and low in carbs! This homemade sausage gravy is a game-changer.
- Quick and straightforward to make. You only need a few basic ingredients to prepare this recipe.
Keto Biscuits Ingredients
These coconut flour biscuits recipe needs just a few common low carb ingredients and 5 minutes of prep. These cheesy grain-free keto biscuits are perfect for breakfast or as a low carb bread substitute!
- Eggs – to bind everything together.
- Butter – use unsalted butter.
- Coconut flour – to replace traditional wheat flour.
- Cheddar cheese – adds a nutty flavor. You can use shredded mozzarella cheese instead.
- Cream cheese
Ingredients for Keto Gravy
And the creamy sausage gravy is loaded with flavor and healthy fats, making it the perfect accompaniment to the biscuits.
- ground sausage
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- cream cheese
- chili flakes
- xanthan gum
What Thickener to Use for the Sausage Gravy?
As we can’t thicken the sauce with flour, you can use a small amount of xanthan gum. I didn’t use any thickener because once the sauce simmers, it gets pretty thick.
Once the sausage is cooked, add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste and only if needed. Sausage is usually pretty salty. Let it simmer until the sauce becomes thicker.
Serve this delicious keto sausage gravy with one or two biscuits.
How To Make Keto Biscuits?
To begin making these delicious keto biscuits, preheat your oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a muffin tin.
Next, combine the eggs, cream cheese, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter to the mixture and continue mixing. Then, add the cheddar cheese, coconut flour, and baking powder to the bowl and mix until the dough is well combined.
After allowing the dough to rest for 5 minutes, use a cookie scoop or biscuit cutter to portion out the dough. Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet or muffin tin.
Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until they appear golden brown on top and have a delightful aroma.
That’s it! Making keto biscuits, it’s super easy, and all my family members love them.
Pro Tip: If you prefer taller biscuits, it’s best to use bake the batter in a muffin pan, so they keep the form and rise beautifully.
How To Serve?
Once the biscuits are baked, and the gravy is ready, simply split the biscuits in half, and spoon the gravy over the top. You can garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or chives for added flavor and presentation.
If you’re looking for a complete meal, you can serve the biscuits and gravy with a side of eggs, bacon, or other keto-friendly breakfast options.
How Many Carbs Are In The Keto Biscuits?
I divided the batter into 9 equal biscuits, so each comes at about:
- 115 calories
- 3g carbs
- 1g fiber
- 2g net carbs
How To Store
To store keto sausage and gravy, you should let it cool down to room temperature first.
- Fridge – Store the gravy in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Place the keto biscuits in a different container and store them for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Sausage Gravy?
Yes, you can freeze keto sausage gravy. Keto sausage gravy can be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw it, remove it from the freezer and let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, you can reheat the gravy on the stovetop, in the microwave, or in the oven until it’s hot and bubbly. Add more liquid if needed to thicken the sauce.
How To Reheat
When reheating the frozen sausage gravy, you may need to add a little bit of liquid, such as broth or water, to help restore the consistency and creaminess of the gravy. It’s important to reheat the sausage gravy thoroughly before consuming it to ensure that it’s safe to eat.
Is Sausage Gravy Keto?
Traditional sausage gravy is not considered keto-friendly due to its high carbohydrate content, which primarily comes from the flour used to make the gravy. However, there are several keto-friendly variations of sausage gravy that use low-carb thickeners such as xanthan gum, crema cheese or coconut flour instead of wheat flour.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes You Might Like:
- Easy 5 minute Keto Noatmeal
- Keto Bacon Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Keto Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Keto Breakfast Pizza
- The Best Vegetable Omelette
- Quick and Easy Keto Shakshuka
Keto Biscuits and Gravy – Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
To make the keto biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, one tablespoon cream cheese, and salt. Whisk for 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted butter over the egg mixture and continue whisking.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, coconut flour, and baking powder and combine well. Let the biscuits dough sit for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid and make the dough thick.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal biscuits. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until they get a beautiful golden color.
To make the sausage gravy
- In a large skillet add the ground sausage. Brown and crumble the meat into smaller pieces over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Add the chicken broth, cream cheese and whipping cream. Stir to combine well and let it simmer until it becomes thicker. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if necessary).
- Serve one or two keto biscuits with 1/2 cup of gravy. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: