Learn how to make the ultimate zero-carb egg white wraps with just 3 simple ingredients. These egg white wraps are the perfect replacement for wheat tortillas and have 7 grams of protein. They’re incredibly versatile, so you can use your favorite toppings.
Spice up your breakfast routine and make these gluten-free and protein-packed egg white wraps.
Made using naturally low-carb ingredients, these wraps are a delicious and nutrient-dense breakfast that can be customized with your favorite veggies and seasonings.
Super easy to make, they’re perfect for meal prep, on-the-go breakfasts, or lazy weekend snacks.
They’re quick and convenient, affordable, nutrient-rich, and oh-so-delicious.
Trust me; everyone will love these gluten-free egg white wraps since they can be made according to everyone’s liking.
What Are Egg White Wraps?
Egg white wraps are a healthier version of traditional flour tortillas or bread served for breakfast and not only. The egg whites are cooked until firm, then filled with various savory ingredients such as vegetables, meat, and cheese.
These wraps use egg whites as the main ingredient, which makes them high in protein but low in carbohydrates and fat.
Why Are You Going To Love This Egg White Wraps Recipe
- Perfect for meal prep: You can make these wraps ahead of time and enjoy them on a busy day.
- Versatile: It can be served for breakfast, snacks, or lunch with your favorite filling.
- Easy to make: They are ready in only 5 minutes from start to finish.
- It’s a low-carb and gluten-free recipe.
- High protein: These egg white wraps are high in protein (7 grams), making them a satisfying and filling breakfast that can help keep you energized throughout the day.
This egg white wraps recipe requires only 3 easy-to-find ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. So here is a list of everything you will need:
- Egg Whites – use room-temperature egg whites to avoid any eggy flavor or taste. I love using liquid egg whites because I don’t have to throw out the yolks.
- Coconut Flour – just one tablespoon is enough to help the mixture bind together. You can use almond flour or oat fiber.
- Garlic Powder – adds a delicious garlic flavor to the wraps. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings as well.
- Salt – to taste.
How To Make These Egg White Wraps
These egg white wraps are easy to make by following a few steps. First, there is no need to use a blender, so there are fewer dishes to clean(sounds great, right?).
The preparation process for an egg white wrap is quite simple: whisk up some egg whites with any desired seasonings (such as salt and pepper) and coconut flour for some texture, pour that mixture into a hot pan over medium-high heat, flip it when ready, let cool then fill with whatever fixings you’d like – from veggies to meats. Voila! You have yourself a tasty meal.
Preparing The Egg White Wraps
Add the egg whites, coconut flour, salt, and garlic powder to a mixing bowl and whisk until just combined.
Heat up a small non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray or brush with olive oil.
Pour 1/4 cup of the egg white mixture and tilt the pan to spread evenly on the entire surface of the pan.
Cook on each side for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown and slightly crisp.
Assembling The Wraps
Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside while you assemble the rest of your wrap.
Place one egg wrap on a plate, spread some cream cheese, and add your favorite fillings.
Roll it up tightly and enjoy.
How To Roll The Wrap
If you want to roll your wrap perfectly, whether it’s an egg white wrap or a classic flour tortilla recipe, follow these simple steps:
- Place the wrap on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread your condiments first, such as mayonnaise, guacamole, or hummus, over the surface of the wrap.
- Next, add your favorite vegetables and meats to the center of the wrap.
- Start by lifting one edge of the wrapper or tortilla and begin rolling towards the other side until completely wrapped up like a burrito. Secure each end with toothpicks (optional) if desired.
By following these steps, you can create a perfectly rolled wrap that’s both delicious and visually appealing.
Tips For Making The Best Egg White Wraps
- Whisk the white eggs until combined; the wraps will become too thick if you beat them too long.
- Use fresh egg whites. They will whip up better and hold their shape when cooked.
- Use a small (9-inch pan) and make sure to grease it slightly so the wraps don’t stick.
- Cook the egg white wraps over low heat, as high heat can cause them to brown too quickly and become tough.
- Try not to overfill each wrap with too many ingredients. Too much filling can make them difficult to roll without breaking apart.
As I said above, this recipe, it’s extremely versatile, so you can play with the flavors of the egg white wraps.
- Add one teaspoon of red pepper chili flakes to the egg white mixture for spicy wraps.
- Add one tbsp of Italian seasoning for a deliciously intense flavor.
- Make a sweet version of egg white wraps by adding one tbsp of sweetener and one tsp of cinnamon to the wet mixture.
Here are some delicious filling ideas for these easy egg white wraps:
- Breakfast wrap: Fill each egg white wrap with cooked bacon, diced tomatoes, cucumber slices, and sliced avocado.
- Vegetable wrap: Add roasted vegetables and top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Mexican wrap: Add taco beef, cheddar cheese, avocado, and diced tomato. Just like my Mexican bowl, but in a wrap.
- Tuna wrap: Fill the egg white wrap with tuna salad, diced celery, and lettuce leaves.
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap: Fill the egg white wrap with buffalo chicken dip.
- Fridge: wrap these gluten-free wraps in plastic foil, then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: place the egg white wraps on a baking tray lined with parchment pepper and freeze until hardened. Then transfer the wraps to a freezer-safe bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then add the filling ingredients and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Egg White Wraps Healthy?
Yes, egg white wraps are a great healthy breakfast since they are low-carb, gluten-free, and contain fewer carbs than regular wraps with other ingredients that are too high in carbs.
These wraps are also high in protein, making them a satisfying and filling breakfast option that will help you stay energized throughout the day.
Are Egg White Wraps Gluten-Free?
Yes, egg white wraps are gluten-free. However, it’s best to choose ingredients that are specifically marked as gluten-free to avoid cross-contamination.
Can I Use A Larger Pan?
For this recipe, I used a 16-centimeter skillet. I don’t recommend using a larger pan since the wrap will become too thin and may break apart.
Can I Make These Wraps Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can double or triple the recipe and make these wraps ahead of time. Then store them in the fridge until ready to eat.
Can I Make These Wraps Without Coconut Flour?
Sure, but the taste won’t be the same. Instead, the flavor will be like a fried egg.
Can I Buy Egg White Wraps?
Yes, you can buy pre-made egg white wraps at some grocery stores or online. They may also be called egg white tortillas or egg white crepes.
Egg White Wraps
- Mix the egg whites, coconut flour, salt, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Brush a small nonstick pan with olive oil. Pour the egg white mixture and tilt the pan to spread evenly.
- Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat; flip the wrap using a silicone spatula and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place one egg wrap on a plate, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.