This veggie-loaded breakfast keto casserole it’s actually one of my favorite dishes because it comes in handy for busy mornings.
What I love the most about this keto casserole is that it contains so many healthy ingredients that keep me full for hours.
If you are tired of the classic keto breakfast that consists of bacon & eggs, you will instantly love this breakfast keto casserole. So easy to customize by adding your favorite low carb vegetable and definitely packed with flavor.
Ingredients for the breakfast keto casserole
Casseroles are my favorite keto breakfasts to cook because they are versatile and very easy to make. You can use any leftover ingredients you have, add eggs and any spices you like. For 6 filling breakfast servings you will need the following low carb ingredients:
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups (150g) mushrooms
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp salt
Get creative and add make the best keto casserole. Play around with the ingredients and seasonings. Add more or less to taste.
I added my favorite vegetables in the world: broccoli and mushrooms. They are the perfect vegetables to eat on a ketogenic diet, the ones I use the most on a daily basis.
Watch the video below, to see just how simple it is to make keto breakfast for the whole week.
Instructions to make the breakfast casserole
There is nothing complicated in this recipe, but it takes at least one hour to get it done. You can make it in the evening to have it ready for a proper healthy keto breakfast.
All you have to do is to follow the next esy steps:
- Start by cooking the meat until it starts to evenly brown.
- Slice and cook the mushrooms in some butter for a few minutes until they start to brown to eliminate the moisture.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and then pour into a greased oven safe dish. Top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven (350 degrees F ) for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!
4 keto casserole toppings ideas
I would definitely make the keto breakfast casserole again and maybe add different toppings:
- Spinach, mushrooms, cheese, bacon, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt
- Italian Turkey Sausage, kale, tomatoes, garlic salt
- Ham, cheese, chili peppers, cheddar cheese, seasonings
- Red bell pepper, green (or yellow pepper), green onions, sausage, garlic, rosemary, salt
Keto Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole – 4g Carbs per Serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, until the meat it's no longer pink; drain.
- Add the salt, paprika and onion powder to the meat.
- Slice the mushrooms and cook them in a pan with the melted butter for 5-6 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the whipping cream.
- Add the cooked ground beef, mushrooms, broccoli and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Add the rest of the cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.