This cheeseburger casserole is a 30-minute keto recipe that’s incredibly delicious. With only 3 grams of net carbs per serving, it’s super cheesy and hearty, the perfect replacement to a classic cheeseburger.
You won’t miss the bun because this is an excellent low-carb ground beef dish to satisfy all of your burger cravings. Each bite contains everything a cheeseburger should have – and more. Except, of course, the carbohydrates!
However, you can replace the high carb bun with a low carb bun that’s easy to make and pairs perfectly with this easy keto cheeseburger casserole.
This keto casserole recipe is incredibly meaty & deliciously cheesy, it’s salty and sweet in equal measure. It has exactly the right amount of creaminess and tanginess. It is, without a doubt, one of the most delicious casserole dishes I’ve ever had. You’ll never use another box of hamburger helper!
Quick video showing you exactly how easy it is to make this easy cheeseburger casserole!
Reasons this Cheeseburger Casserole is the Best
This isn’t just another ground beef recipe! It’s my favorite for various reasons:
- easy to make with just a few common ingredients
- loaded with flavor
- freezer friendly
- perfect for meal prep as it lasts four up to a week in the refrigerator
Ingredients For The Best Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
If you love cheeseburgers, then this quick and keto cheeseburger casserole is perfect for you. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- Ground beef – you can use any ground beef you want, but I recommended leaner beef because you end up draining the rendered fat anyway.
- Onion – I used white onion, but yellow or red onion is also good.
- Garlic Powder – If you don’t have garlic powder, you can use fresh garlic.
- Worcestershire Sauce – It’s great because it gives the dish that burger flavor.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure you’re using the full-fat version for some extra creaminess.
- Eggs – it helps to keep everything together.
- Heavy Cream
- Cheddar Cheese – Cheddar is a traditional hamburger cheese, and it goes perfectly in this dish, but you may use any cheese you like.
- Dill Pickle Relish – cheeseburgers are hamburgers with cheese and pickles, and if you want to make a good cheeseburger casserole, you need a few dill pickles.
- Mayo – Not all mayonnaises are suitable for keto. Avocado oil mayonnaise is the most acceptable option.
- Yellow Mustard – You may use either yellow or Dijon mustard, which are both keto-friendly.
How to Make Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
For making this delicious Cheeseburger Casserole, you need to follow some easy steps.
- Start by cooking the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the onion. Then you can add the seasonings and the Worcestershire sauce and cook for another 3 minutes.
- If you want to remove the excess fat, you can place the ground beef mixture into a strainer.
- Return the beef mixture into the pan, and stir in the cream cheese.
- Remove the skillet from heat, add the dill relish, and transfer the beef mixture into a casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs with heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the beef mixture and spread it evenly with a spoon to cover it completely.
- Bake the casserole topped with the left shredded cheddar until the cheese is melty.
Tips For Making the Perfect Cheeseburger Casserole
If you want to make this Cheeseburger Casserole even more delicious, follow the following tips:
- You can add some chili powder and cayenne pepper if you want it spicier.
- Use Ground turkey or sausage can be a substitute instead of ground beef.
- Serve with Ranch Dressing, Blue Cheese Dressing, or sugar-free ketchup.
- I like to use cheddar cheese in this recipe, but any cheese would go fine. Freshly grated cheese, any sort you choose, is great.
- Make a Cheeseburger Salad by loading a bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and shredded cheddar cheese. Top with a serving of this cheeseburger casserole and enjoy with your favorite dressing.
Even if this keto cheeseburger casserole is enough to create dinner on its own, you can also serve it with delicious side dishes like:
- Cauliflower Rice – Rice is so simple to eat on a keto diet, and it pairs perfectly with this recipe.
- A simple green salad might also work well as a side dish.
- Shredded lettuce, fresh diced tomatoes, pickles, and cooked chopped bacon are all good additions.
- Crispy Keto French Fries – cheeseburger and french fries, I know it’s the perfect combination.
How To Store The Leftovers
This dish freezes excellently. If you’re going to freeze it, leave the cheese off. Allow cooling completely before wrapping the casserole in foil.
You can also keep it in the fridge, in an airtight container, for four days. And you can reheat it in the microwave on 50% power for a gentle reheat.
Can I Make This Recipe With Vegetables?
Absolutely! One alternative is to add riced cauliflower to the meat and onion mixture and cook the three simultaneously, as described before.
If you are a fan of spinach, then an excellent option is to add two cups of uncooked baby spinach leaves when the beef mixture is finished simmering. Just before adding the spices, toss in the spinach and stir until it wilts slightly.
Looking For More Ground Beef Recipes? Try These:
- One-Pot Low Carb and Keto Zuppa Toscana
- Healthy and Easy Taco Salad – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-free
- Keto Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole – 4g Carbs
- Easy Delicious Low Carb Keto Mini Cheeseburger with Big Mac Sauce
Homemade Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef for about 5 minutes until no longer pink. Drain the excess fat and return beef to the pan.
- Add the diced onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, 1 tsp of salt, and ½ tsp of pepper. Cook the ground beef for a few more minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add cream cheese and mix until well combined. Stir in the dill relish and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the beef mixture into a casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef, shaking the casserole dish.
- Top with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dish looks set.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.