Cauliflower rice is a simple recipe made from just two wholesome ingredients. Replace carbs with this light and delicious rice that is ready in under 10 minutes.
And with no exaggeration, this recipe is perfect, way better than rice. The cauliflower absorbs well any seasonings and becomes full of flavor.
Because rice is high in carbs and forbidden in the keto diet, it’s great to have a vegetable substitute. It’s also a great way to include more servings of vegetables into your diet.
Do you know that one cup of rice has about 240 calories and over 50 grams carbs? That’s almost double my daily carb allowance. Replace that with rice made of raw, and it will be ten times lower in carbs. A serving of one cup cauli rice has only 5g carbs.
It’s essential to know that cauliflower has fantastic potential benefits, has tons of vitamins, anti-inflammatory properties, and may aid digestion.
Let’s set our expectation for this cauliflower rice. Since it’s made from at non-starchy vegetable it won’t taste exactly like real rice but very similar. Also, the texture is fantastic if cooked properly. It’s worth having this low carb rice alternative.
Ingredients for the Cauliflower Rice
To make this low carb rice, you will need only two ingredients and a few seasonings.
- 1 head cauliflower
- olive oil or butter
- seasonings to taste: salt & pepper
That’s it. It’s so easy to have rice on the keto diet you won’t ever think to eat really high in carbs rice.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
There are two ways you can make cauliflower rice and both of them are easy enough. Go ahead, try this recipe and let me know what you think.
- Use a food processor – The easiest way to make cauliflower rice is to use a food processor with the S-blade. Use the grater blade and blitz it into small rice-sized pieces.
- Box Grater – Use a box grater and grate the cauliflower pieces on the part usually used for cheese. This method will take a little more effort, but the result will be the same: small white pieces similar to the size of rice.
After you have the raw cauliflower rice, all you have to do is to pan-fry the rice.
Just heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add the cauliflower and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt, pepper. Cooking it on a higher temperature makes the cauliflower rice tender while keeping its “grain-like” texture.
How to Serve Cauliflower Rice?
Since cauliflower rice is a great low carb substitute for rice it can be served as a side dish to many protein dishes.
Adding cauli rice to keto stuffed peppers to make them even more delicious would be a great idea.
I guess that anything you’d usually serve with rice can be served with this keto rice.
This juicy baked lemon chicken is loved by all our family especially served with this vegetable rice!
My garlic oven-roasted pork tenderloin would pair perfectly with this cauliflower recipe!
I love serving keto butter chicken with cauliflower rice because they taste so good together.
2 Ingredient Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Chop cauliflower in big chunks (if using a box grater) or in small pieces (if using a food processor).
- Grate the cauliflower into small pieces, similar to white rice.
- In a pan over medium-high heat drizzle the oil and add the cauliflower.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.