This Cauliflower rice is a simple recipe made from just two wholesome ingredients. So if you are looking for a quick and delicious side dish recipe, replace carbs with this light and delicious rice that is ready in under 10 minutes.
And with no exaggeration, this recipe is perfect, way better than rice. The cauliflower absorbs any seasonings well and becomes full of flavor.
Because rice is high in carbs and forbidden in the keto diet, it’s great to have a vegetable substitute. It’s also a great way to include more servings of vegetables into your diet.
Do you know that one cup of rice has about 240 calories and over 50 grams of carbs? That’s almost double my daily carb allowance. Replace that with rice made of raw, and it will be ten times lower in carbs. A serving of one cup of cauli rice has only 5g carbs.
It’s essential to know that cauliflower has fantastic potential benefits, has tons of vitamins and anti-inflammatory properties, and may aid digestion.
Let’s set our expectations for this cauliflower rice. Since it’s made from a non-starchy vegetable, it won’t taste exactly like real rice but very similar. Also, the texture is fantastic if cooked properly. So it’s worth having this low-carb rice alternative.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Ingredients for the Cauliflower Rice
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Different Ways To Prepare Cauliflower
- Serving Ideas
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Cauliflower Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Why Are You Going To Love This Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Perfect for making it ahead of time.
- Has only 5g net carbs per serving.
- It pairs great with many main dishes.
- Perfect replacement for regular rice.
- Extremely easy to prepare.
Watch a quick step-by-step video to see exactly how easy it is to make the best cauliflower rice recipe.
Ingredients for the Cauliflower Rice
To make this low carb rice, you will need only two ingredients and a few seasonings.
- Cauliflower – you will need a medium-sized cauliflower head chopped into bite-sized florets.
- Olive Oil – you can also use butter for even more flavour.
- Seasonings – salt and pepper
That’s it. It’s so easy to have rice on the keto diet you won’t ever think to eat really high in carbs rice.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
There are two ways you can make cauliflower rice; both are easy enough. So try this recipe and let me know what you think.
- Use a food processor – The easiest way to make cauliflower rice is to use a food processor with the S-blade. Use the grater blade and blitz it into small rice-sized pieces.
- Box Grater – Use a box grater and grate the cauliflower pieces on the part usually used for cheese. This method will take a little more effort, but the result will be the same: small white pieces similar to the size of rice.
Next, after you’ve made the raw cauliflower rice, you have to pan-fry the rice.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Then add the cauliflower rice and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cooking it at a higher temperature makes the cauliflower rice tender while keeping its “grain-like” texture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and enjoy.
Different Ways To Prepare Cauliflower
- You can make cauliflower popcorn – small bouquets rolled in olive oil, smoked paprika, parmesan, and ground almonds, then bake at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- You can make cauliflower soup.
- Cauliflower puree is another great idea – boiled and mixed with butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, and optional sour cream.
- You can cook it whole in the oven, like a piece of meat. Here is a recipe for whole roasted cauliflower that will help you.
Since cauliflower rice is a great low carb substitute for rice, it can be served as a side dish to many protein dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Marry Me Chicken
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Fridge: Cooked cauliflower rice may be kept in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer: I recommend freezing raw cauliflower rice in a sealed container for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice is exactly what it sounds like. A simple cauliflower that is chopped into a rice-like shape and then cooked according to your taste.
How To Choose The Perfect Cauliflower?
It is known that the edible part of cauliflower is, in fact, the flowers, which are grouped in bouquets. Therefore, when choosing a cauliflower, pay attention to its flowers. They should be white, with no spots on them.
Also, the smell of cauliflower is comparable to that of cabbage. However, if it is stronger, then it means that the vegetable is old and will not be delicious when cooked.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
- Super Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Easy Cauliflower Hummus
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- The Best Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
2 Ingredient Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Chop cauliflower in big chunks (if using a box grater) or in small pieces (if using a food processor).
- Grate the cauliflower into small pieces, similar to white rice.
- In a pan over medium-high heat drizzle the oil and add the cauliflower.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: