This is the best keto cranberry sauce. It’s a delicious low carb cranberry sauce, easy and ready in 15 minutes with only 4 ingredients. Make this healthy sauce to complement your Thanksgiving meal.
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is almost here! I always stock up on fresh cranberries when they first get available in late October and freeze them to enjoy them all year long. This low carb sugar-free cranberry sauce is always a part of the perfect Thanksgiving meal that includes turkey, gravy, and creamy “mashed potatoes”.
The best part about this keto cranberry sauce is that you can serve it both warm or cold with leftover slices of turkey and make turkey sandwiches.
How perfect would it be if we could find fresh cranberries all year long? But I think that’s what makes the sauce special. It’s worth the wait. The canned stuff is delicious but not keto-friendly, loaded with sugars and carbs.
Ingredients for the Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen.
- sweetener – My favorite is this powdered Erythritol and Monk Fruit Blend. (Use “LOWCARBSPARK10” at checkout for a 10% discount)
- orange zest
How to Make Keto Cranberry Sauce without Sugar?
It’s incredibly easy to make this sugar-free cranberry sauce in less than 15 minutes with only 4 ingredients.
Going low carb doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite recipes. It just means you need to adapt the recipes and make them keto-friendly. Trust me, once you try this homemade keto sauce, you won’t go back to the canned sugary sauce ever again.
The process of making cranberry sauce from scratch is ridiculously easy. Gather all the ingredients and simmer the sauce until it starts to thicken.
- Add all the ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Simmer on medium-low heat until the cranberries pop open.
- Make sure to stir until the sauce starts to thicken occasionally. This process should take about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl until ready to serve.
Can I Make Keto Cranberry Sauce Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can totally make homemade sugar-free cranberry sauce ahead of time. I usually make it a few days before serving and store it in a jar. The flavors are even better after 2-3 days. The leftovers can be stored for up to one week.
One more tip: You may want to double or triple the recipe as everyone in your family will love it.
Carbs in Cranberry Sauce
What’s surprising is that even cranberries have only 12g carbs for 1 cup and almost 5g of fiber; most cranberry sauces are loaded with sugars.
Only 2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce that you buy canned or make at home with sugar provide 14g of carbs.
My homemade keto cranberry sauce is only 2g net carbs for a heaping tablespoon.
Other Festive Keto Recipes
PS: If you enjoy this recipe, you can find more UNIQUE festive keto recipes, perfect for holidays in my new The Keto Holidays 40+ recipes e-cookbook.
- The Easiest Keto Candied Pecans
- Keto Snowball Cookies
- The Ultimate No-Fail Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Cranberry Orange Bread with Sugar-Free Glaze
The Best Ever Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz whole cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest or more
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cranberries, powdered sweetener, orange zest, and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the cranberries have split open. The sauce is ready when it's slightly thick and has the desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm!
- The cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. You can add a little bit more water to get make it runny again.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: