This no-fail low carb keto pumpkin pie is the perfect recipe for holidays. You will need only very few ingredients to make this super easy low carb pumpkin pie with a coconut flour crust. It will become a family sugar-free favorite dessert.
It’s fall again, holidays are coming and it’s time for a super healthy pumpkin pie recipe. The other day I posted my favorite coconut flour pie crust and today I’ll share with you how to make a low carb pumpkin filling.
If you are looking for a sugar-free pumpkin pie to serve for Thanksgiving this is the perfect recipe for you. Ok, but you have to whip some heavy cream and serve each slice with a huge dollop of cream.
Today’s recipe is about one of my favorite recipe for Thanksgiving and Fall.
It’s love at first bite, believe me. One bite and you’ll wonder why to eat carbs anymore when you can bake a keto low carb pumpkin pie.
It might seem complicated to bake a homemade pumpkin pie, but in fact, it’s extremely easy to make one. The satisfaction is real when everyone appreciates it and asks for more.
Ingredients for the sugar-free pumpkin pie filling
- Homemade or store-bought pumpkin puree – Do not buy the pumpkin pie filling because it’s full of sugar and other ingredients.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – You can make the spice blend at home or buy it from the store.
- Keto Sweetener – I use an erythritol blend and it gives the perfect sweetness to the pie without any carbs. How much sweetener to use? A traditional recipe asks for about 1 cup of sugar. I find that using the same amount of erythritol makes the way too sweet. I used 1/2 cup and it was sweet enough for my taste buds. If you like it sweeter adjust the sweetener.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Pie?
You’ll start out by making a pie crust. Use my coconut flour keto pie crust recipe. If you’re scared of failing, watch the video and read the instructions carefully. It’s much easier than you think.
After only 10-12 minutes the low carb pie crust is ready. Blind baking the crust is very important when making custard pies (like pumpkin pie). It prevents the crust from becoming moist and soggy. We want the crispy and flaky crust.
It’s time to make the low carb pumpkin pie filling. There’s no easier thing to do. The filling is ready in literally 3 minutes and it’s made from pumpkin puree, eggs, heavy whipping cream, keto sweetener, and fall spices. Mix everything together in a food processor or using a hand mixer then pour it into a low carb pie crust
You probably know that I love to make homemade pumpkin puree. I start by roasting the pumpkin in the oven for about 40-50 minutes, let it cool down and then puree it in a food processor. I enjoy this process as it warms up my house and brings in the fall smell.
The secret to a perfect no-fail keto pumpkin pie consists in the way you bake it. Bake the pie in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 375 and bake for about 30-40 minutes more. You know the pie is ready when it looks shiny and set on top.
Kitchen Tools To Make Keto Pumpkin Pie:
- Food Processor – For making the crust and the filling. I got this one for Christmas last year and I am very happy about it so far. It’s powerful and helps you get everything done in minutes. A hand mixer is perfect too.
- Non-Stick 9-inch Pie Pan – A pyrex glass pie plate is perfect for this pie, but I used a non-stick quick release cake tin.
- Aluminum Foil – To prevent the crust from having burned edges while baking the pie.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – I love to use pumpkin spice blends when I don’t have time to make my own.
- Erythritol Blend – My favorite keto sweetener of all time. It has no after taste and it’s extremely low in carbs.
How to Avoid Cracks in Pumpkin Pie?
Usually, the pies crack when they are overbaked. You should take the pie out of the oven when it looks set but it’s still jiggly like jello (but not too much) in the middle. The pie continues to cook as it will cool down at room temperature.
How Many Carbs Are in the Keto Pumpkin Pie?
As you can see I divided the pie into eight generous slices. With the ingredients (crust included) I used and the amount listed, each slice comes to the following macros:
- 319 calories
- 14g carbs
- 6g fiber
- 8g net carbs
- 26g fat
Each slice has 8g net carbs.
To find out the net carbs you have to subtract the fiber and sugar alcohols from the total carb count.
If you want to know exactly what are your personal macros you need to achieve your goals please use our simple keto calculator.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Filling (without the crust)
Each serving of sugar-free pumpkin filling has:
- 125 calories
- 6g carbs
- 1g fiber
- 5g net carbs
- 10g fat
- 3g protein
Other Festive Keto Recipes You Might Like:
- Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Healthy Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte – Vegan & Dairy-Free
- Low Carb & Keto Eggnog | Velvety & Smooth
- Christmas Keto Gingerbread Cookies – Low Carb, Sugar-free & Grain-free
The Ultimate No-Fail Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pie
- In your food processor or a bowl add the pumpkin puree, eggs, and sweetener. Pulse until well combined.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream, spices and salt over the pumpkin mixture and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pie crust. Try to release the air bubbles by gently tapping the pie pan on the counter.
- Heat the oven to 425F / 220C and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375F and bake for another 40-450 minutes. You know that the pie is ready when it looks set, but it is still jiggly in the middle (like jello).
- Allow the pie to cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Cut into eight slices and serve like so or topped with freshly whipped sugar-free cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.