Fat bombs are the best snack to have on a ketogenic diet or a low carb diet. These will instantly become your favorite snack because they are packed with tons of fats, satisfy cravings and curbs appetite.
You need only four low carb ingredients and in 5 minutes you prep some delicious keto fat bombs with coconut oil, peanut butter or almond butter, cocoa powder, that are perfect for a low carb, paleo, keto diet and even whole30 snack.
What are fat bombs?
Keto fat bombs are a high-fat snack, a flavourful combination of healthy fats like coconut oil, MCT oil, butter/ grass-fed butter, ghee, different kinds of nut butter. Usually, they have about 80 – 90 percent fat, making them great for a snack when craving something sweet or for a quick keto breakfast.
It’s a great way to up the fat intake without going over with protein or carbs macros. There are different flavors you can try, but I love the peanut butter fat bombs.
My keto fat bombs recipe is absolutely divine, a perfect low carb replacement for chocolate. It literally tastes like Reeses’s cups.
Low carb fat bombs are very popular in the keto diet, and they can be sweet or savory. If you are not following a high-fat diet, you can still enjoy fat bombs because they are healthy and high in good fats.
Why should we eat fat bombs?
- Let me show you a few benefits of these little snacks, packed with tons of fats:
- Due to the high-fat content they will keep you full for longer and satisfy cravings;
- They help with ketone production and help you reach a deep ketosis state. The coconut oil and/or the MCT oil in the fat bombs have tons of health benefits including:
- Antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral properties.
- Promotes weight loss because it increases the metabolism
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves memory and brain function
- Encourages nutrient absorption
- Helps with candida overgrowth
- Regulates blood pressure levels
Science backs all these benefits. So far there are over 2000 studies proving that coconut oil is among the healthiest fats in the world.
Ingredients for the peanut butter fat bombs recipe
I will show you the easiest way to make these little high-fat snacks with only 4 ingredients. Here are the low carb ingredients you’ll need to make them:
- organic coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- peanut butter or almond butter with no sugar added
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- keto approved sweetener of choice
- MCT oil (optional)
The great news is that not only they are low in carbs and very high in fats, but they are also dairy free and suitable for a paleo diet.
Read the ingredient list when buying the peanut butter because we are looking for one that made entirely from peanuts and doesn’t have unhealthy sugars added.
Don’t substitute the coconut oil with MCT oil because it does not harden ever and you’ll end up with a keto syrup.
For the keto approved sweetener, you can choose the powdered versions to avoid clumps. I use and recommend powdered erythritol or Monk fruit.
How to make keto fat bombs?
The instructions are so simple and I prepared a video step-by-step guide on how to make perfect fat bombs every time. Today will prepare a sweet type fat bomb with peanut butter and a creamy chocolate texture.
All you have to do to make the perfect keto fat bombs:
- Measure the ingredients: 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup sweetener and 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add all the ingredients.
- Melt the ingredients together and the co
- Pour the mixture evenly into the desired shapes. I used mini muffins parchment liners.
- Refrigerate until completely solidified. Enjoy!
Isn’t this the easiest recipe you’ve ever seen? Stop waiting and gather all the ingredients. In only 5 minutes you’ll have the snacks ready for the entire week.
You can store them in the refrigerator. The fat bombs also freeze well, and you can take them out when craving a creamy chocolate dense peanut butter snack.
How to make easy keto fat bombs with only 4 ingredients - 2g net carbs
These cups of joy are filled with healthy fats and taste divine. They are made with coconut oil, peanut butter. Increase the fat intake with these tasty little low carb treats.
Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
Melt the coconut oil, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and sweetener.
Pour the mixture evenly into the desired shapes.
Refrigerate until completely solidified. Enjoy!
All text & images © Copyright Ioana for LowCarbSpark.com.
Shares of this post are highly encouraged. If you chose to share this recipe make sure you add a link back to my website.
It is prohibited to copy and paste full recipe (ingredients, instructions, and photos) on other websites or social media. You may share a single picture or a paragraph, but it should clearly state the credits are given to LowCarbSpark.com with a link back.
What are the macros of the fat bombs?
These keto snacks have enough fat to keep you energized and are super low in carbs. Each little keto fat bomb has:
- 129 calories
- 3 carbs
- 1g fiber
- 2g net carbs
- 13g fat
- 1g protein