These homemade keto graham crackers recipe makes the best crunchy, sweet keto cookies perfect for cheesecake crust or dessert sandwiches. These gluten-free graham crackers have way fewer carbs than the original and take less than 30 minutes to make from scratch.
If this is your first time making homemade crackers of any kind, don’t worry: they’re a breeze to mix and bake. In addition, the lack of gluten has a significant advantage: you can roll and re-roll the dough as often as you like without it becoming tough.
I prefer to remove them from the oven when they are light golden brown and just starting to darken around the edges. They may appear soft at first, but they will crisp up as they cool.
This recipe is a traditional form of a Graham Cracker. Surprisingly, it tastes similar to real cinnamon graham crackers, but these are low carb crackers.
Serve with keto vanilla ice cream, and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy dessert. You may also use them to make delicious S’mores or a delicious cheesecake crust.
What are Keto Graham Crackers?
Keto Graham Crackers is a low carb recipe for traditional crackers made with graham flour, honey, and cinnamon. We use almond flour and a brown sugar substitute to replicate the taste and make these cookies crispy and cinnamon-y.
Are Graham Crackers Keto?
No, traditional graham crackers that you can buy from the store are not keto-friendly. A store-bought Graham cracker is made using high-carb ingredients such as all-purpose flour and sweeteners such as wheat flour, brown sugar, and honey.
Just one large rectangular piece (11g) of a graham cracker made with wheat and hones provides 11 grams of carbs!
But guess what? Fortunately, there is a keto version of them that is exceptionally delicious. And it’s so simple to make homemade Graham crackers with no sugar and fewer carbohydrates.
In addition, you don’t require special cooking equipment, such as a food processor; all you need is a bowl, a spatula, baking sheets, and parchment paper.
Ingredients For Homemade Graham Crackers
This recipe requires only a few inexpensive and easily accessible ingredients that you probably already have on-hand:
- Almond Flour – Using almond flour instead of regular graham wheat flour is the best substitution to make low carb graham crackers. It makes a significant difference in carb count! Use super-fine blanched almond flour.
- Swerve Brown – you can use any keto sweeteners that you like, including allulose or monk fruit erythritol blend. I’d say it’s best to choose a powdered version for this recipe.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is a must-have ingredient in any graham cracker recipe! Two teaspoons of this fantastic spice are enough to provide a great taste without becoming overwhelming.
- Baking Soda- It aids in aerating the almond flour and creating a better texture.
- Egg – Make sure that the egg is at room temperature.
- Butter – Butter is essential for making these delicious, crispy, and flaky crackers! If you want dairy-free crackers, try using coconut oil or vegan butter as an alternative.
- Vanilla Extract – Never skip the vanilla extract if you are planning to make something sweet.
- Xanthan Gum – In gluten-free baking, xanthan gum helps with the binding of ingredients! Consider it the glue that keeps these graham crackers together. Although this is an optional ingredient and these crackers turn out perfect without xantham gum.
How To Make Homemade Graham Crackers
Keto graham crackers are delicious and simple to prepare. Substitute the wheat, sugar, and fats in classic graham crackers with low carb ingredients that will not throw you out of ketosis.
- In a large mixing dish, combine all of the dry ingredients. Before adding the wet ingredients, make sure that all flour, baking soda, and salt are equally distributed. Sift them if needed for a fine texture.
- Create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add the melted butter, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Finally, use a spatula to mix the dough, and then mix it with your hands to create a ball.
- Roll the cracker dough. When rolling out the keto cracker dough, the secret is to use two sheets of parchment paper.
- Place the dough in the center of a sheet of parchment paper to begin. To flatten the dough into a thick rectangle, place another piece of parchment paper on top of it and press with your hands.
- Then, using a rolling pin, shape the dough into a thin rectangle with a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch.
- Cut the dough. Use a well-sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough; then, prick the crackers with a fork.
- Finally, transfer the parchment onto a baking sheet, and bake the crackers for 20-22 minutes in the middle of the oven or until golden brown on the sides and top.
- Cool the crackers on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
How to Serve Keto Graham Crackers?
You may eat these crackers simply as a low-carb snack or use them in recipes:
- Top with a tablespoon of peanut butter or my delicious homemade sugar-free Nutella.
- You can serve them in the morning with this delicious Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
- These crackers may be crushed into a powder and mixed with butter to form a keto cheesecake crust.
- You can serve them between layers of my keto banana pudding.
How To Store Keto Graham Crackers
Grab an airtight container or plastic container and stack them in to preserve the low carb graham crackers recipe! You may either leave the crackers out on the counter or store them in the refrigerator.
You can even freeze the crackers if you’re preparing a larger batch and want to keep them fresh for an extended period. Once the crackers have wholly cooled, please place them in a freezer-safe bag and remove as much air as possible from the bag. Freeze after marking with the recipe and date.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Graham Crackers
- If your dough is too sticky, add a tablespoon of almond flour and refrigerate for 10 minutes to make it easier to work with. The dough must be well refrigerated. This way, you can roll out and cut the dough with ease.
- The nice thing about creating your keto-friendly crackers is that you can cut them into any shape you desire. You may cut them into little squares, large squares, or a variety of shapes.
Looking For More Keto Crackers? Try These:
- Easy Keto Crackers – Healthy & Crunchy Low Carb Snacks
- Quick and Easy Keto Cheese Chips – Different flavors
- Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips – 4g Carbs
My Homemade Keto Graham Crackers Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/ 150°C.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, golden sweetener, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in egg, melted butter, vanilla extract until dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough out onto a large piece of parchment paper, and top with a piece of parchment. Roll out the dough until it’s 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 2×5-inch rectangles. Prick the Graham crackers using a fork to create the classic graham cracker pattern.
- Transfer the cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes until they start to brown but are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- This recipe yields 18 2×5-inch keto graham crackers and each is 2g net carbs. You can cut each cookie in half and make 36 little cookies for only 1g net carbs each.
- If you don’t have brown sugar replacement on hand, use a powdered sweetener of choice and add 2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses or Yacon Syrup.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: