One of the best keto cracker that I created by adding all the nuts and seeds I had in the pantry. Finding easy to make low carb snacks is not an easy task, but today I am sharing with you one of my favorite recipes.
At first, I thought it was a weird combination, but after I baked the crackers and let them cool down, I ended up with crispy and salty goodness.
If you are looking for something low in carbs to snack on, you are in the right place. After I made my first batch, I made another one to have on hand for the whole week. The crackers are great for dipping, eating them topped with butter and delicious on their own.
Low Carb Crackers – Nutty and Delicious
Who says you can’t enjoy a good crunch when switching to a keto lifestyle even though chips and grains are not on the allowed food list?
Well, some people suggest eating a few slices of cucumber when looking for quick low carb snacks, and while that’s a good idea and will make you eat more vegetables; for me, it’s not satisfying enough.
You can definitely buy healthy keto snacks on Amazon or from any other health store, but they usually have added ingredients that are not keto compliant or are insanely expensive.
The crackers are good to eat on their own as a quick low carb snack, but I prefer them better topped with a high-quality grass-fed butter and salt. You can also dip them in guacamole or other keto dips.
I also gathered a huge list of 54 quick low carb snacks you can enjoy while following a keto diet. It includes both sweet and savory snacks idea.
Ingredients for the best low carb crackers
To make this recipe I use all the seeds I have at home, almond meal and coconut oil to bind everything together, add extra healthy fats and ensure that the crackers will turn out crunchy and golden.
- Sunflower Seeds, Raw
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sesame Seeds, Hulled, Dried
- Flax Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
The flaxseeds and chia seeds are essential to use in this recipe because they help the ingredients bind well. You can substitute one for another but use the same total quantity.
For example, if you don’t have chia seeds, use 1/2 cup flax seeds and vice-versa.
Easy Keto Seeds 1g carb Crackers – Healthy Low Carb Crunchy Snack
- Preheat oven to 300F / 150C.
- In a bowl combine the seeds, almond flour, and coconut oil.
- Add the boiling water and stir well until the coconut oil is melted.
- Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes until the chia seeds and flax seeds gel.
- Place seed mixture on a sheet of parchment paper. Use the back of a spoon to flatten seed mixture as thin as you want.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Using a sharp knife cut the crackers into 1-inch squares, then remove them to oven for another 30 minutes or until there's no moisture left.
- Let the crackers cool down on a rack, then sore them in an air airtight container.
Easy instructions to make low carb snacks
- Gather all the seeds and nuts you can find in your pantry. You’ll need about 1/2 cup of each. The most important are the chia seeds and the flax seeds.
- Use hot boiling water to activate the chia seeds and flax seed. These two small seeds act as a binder.
- Use 2 tbsp of coconut oil or butter to make sure that the crackers turn out perfectly crispy and roasted.
- Bake on low temperature for half an hour and then cut them into pieces.
- Let them cook for another 30 minutes or until all the moisture is gone.
- Enjoy them plain or with butter on top!
Nutritional facts of the keto crackers
Following the recipe and the same amount of ingredients will end up having 40 delicious and crispy crackers.
The best part is that the crackers are loaded with fiber, and one serving of two seed crackers provides:
- Calories: 113 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
- Net Carbs: 1 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Fat: 10 g