This 4 ingredients Raspberry Chia Seed Jam is ready in 10 minutes, and it’s absolutely delicious. Try this super easy, healthy, sugar-free and low carb jam that’s thickened with chia seeds.
Ingredients for the Raspberry Chia Jam
To make a fantastic paleo chia jam, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. I like to call this instant keto jam because it’s ready within minutes and it’s sugar-free because we don’t use sugar to help it thicken and get that perfect jam texture.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries – I use raspberries because they are very low in carbs and taste great, but you can use any of your favorite berries.
- 2-3 tablespoons chia seeds – These nutrient-packed seed act like a thickener in this recipe transforming the fruits into jam almost instantly.
- 2-3 tablespoons Erythritol – Use more or less sweetener depending on how sweet you’d like the jam to be.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
My favorite ratio of berries to chia seeds is two cups fresh or frozen fruits to 2-3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Sometimes the fruits are fresh and juicy and for a thicker jam, you have to add more chia seeds.
How to Make Chia Jam?
This sugar-free keto jam is incredibly easy to make and it’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Measure 2 cups of raspberries. You can use fresh if they are in season or frozen, the result will be the same.
- Add the fruits to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the fruits begin to warm up, they will start to break down into pieces and look like a puree. Stir constantly for about 3-4 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chia seeds, sweetener, and lemon juice and stir well to combine. The sugar-free jam will begin to thicken once it cools down
. Letit sit for 5-10 minutes and enjoy. Store the chia jam into an airtight container for up to one week.
How to Serve Chia Jam?
You can enjoy this low carb jam on your keto bread with peanut butter, in a granola parfait with Greek yogurt, or as keto pancakes topping. The options are endless, the chia jam pairs perfectly with anything.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Keto Raspberry Vanilla Chia Pudding – Only 2g NET carbs
- Simple Chocolate Keto Chia Seed Pudding
- Easy Low Carb Keto Granola Recipe with Chia Seeds
How to Make Raspberry Chia Jam? Keto & Low Carb
- Add 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly for about 3-4 minutes until the raspberries turn into a paste. Remove from the heat.
Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and enjoy. Store the chia jam into an airtight container for up to one week.
- Stir in the chia seeds, sweetener, and lemon juice and stir well to combine. The taste, and add more sweetener if needed.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken then serve. Enjoy!
What fruits to use in the chia jam?Any low carb juicy fruits such as berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries. This will also work well with pineapple, apricots, plum or kiwis.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.