Learn how to make the best pork roast seasoning at home in under 10 minutes from start to finish. Extremely tasty and quick to make, this homemade simple homemade dry rub tastes better than store-bought and is also cheaper.
So make this homemade pork seasoning if you are looking for a healthy and sugar-free spice mix to add to your pork recipes.
All my friends and family love how I cook, and one of my secrets is the spice blends I use. I’ve always loved making my own seasonings at home since they are so much intense in flavor, and I can adjust them according to the recipe that I make.
If you like this recipe, you also need to try my taco seasoning, chicken seasoning, and cajun seasoning recipe; they are also incredibly easy to make and taste better than those from the store. You can customize them to your liking, and the best part: they don’t contain any added sugar or preservatives.
Make a double batch and store it in your seasoning pantry to have it on hand, and use it on pork chops, pork steaks, ribs, or any cut or pork you prefer.
What Is Pork Roast Seasoning?
Used to create an intense, delicious flavor and a brown crust on the outside of the meat, pork roast seasoning it’s a mixture of herbs and spices usually made from salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried herbs used to season pork meat before cooking them.
Why Are You Going To Love This Seasoning Recipe
- It’s a super customizable recipe. You can make it as mild or as spicy as you want.
- Ready in 5 minutes using just a few pantry ingredients
- It’s cheaper than store-bought seasonings.
- Loaded with delicious flavors.
- Doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives.
- Last longer than those store-bought seasonings.
Ingredients For Pork Roast Seasoning
You will need only 5 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry to create this delicious pork roast seasoning. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Garlic&Onion Powder – these two seasonings are my favorites since they give most of the flavor to the spices mix.
- Paprika – use smoked paprika for an intense flavor and color.
- Oregano – adds a strong and pungent flavor.
- Mustard Powder – made from ground mustard seeds, this seasoning adds a tangy and slightly spicy flavor, perfect for this pork roast seasoning.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. You can skip it and add salt&pepper
How To Make This Pork Roast Seasoning
You will love how easy it’s to prepare this delicious pork roast seasoning. In only a few minutes, you will get to enjoy the best pork roast seasoning you will ever try. Here is what you have to do:
Gather all the Spices
Start by measuring all the ingredients. Salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, mustard powder, garlic, and onion powder.
Stir all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar using a spoon or a whisker until well combined.
Transfer the seasoning mixture to a jar and store it until ready to use.
Tips For Making The Best Pork Roast Seasoning
- Use high-quality ingredients. It’s important to use fresh and high-quality ingredients when making seasoning recipes if you want to obtain a strong and delicious flavor.
- Let the pork roast seasoning sit. Once you have made the seasoning, it’s best to let it sit for a few hours before using it to let the flavors meld together.
- Make a fine powder. If you want to obtain a fine and smooth texture, you can combine all the ingredients for this easy pork roast seasoning in a food processor or spice blender.
- Pat dry the meat. This step will help the pork roast seasoning stick to the meat.
- Spicy pork roast seasoning. Add one tsp of red pepper chili flakes to the seasoning mixture for a spicy kick.
- Mediterranean pork roast seasoning. Dried basil, oregano, and thyme are one of the best-dried herbs you can add to this seasoning mixture for a Mediterranean flavor.
- Lemon pork roast seasoning. If you are a fan of citrus flavors, feel free to add some fresh lemon zest while making this seasoning recipe.
Room Temperature: Store this homemade pork roast seasoning in an airtight container or cupboard for up to 6 months.
How to Use This Pork Roast Seasoning?
Another great thing about this seasoning recipe is that you can use it in many different ways. Here are some ideas:
- As a rub to season pork meat. If you are making pork roast, use your hand to massage the seasoning all over the meat piece until well-coated with seasoning.
- You can add it to sauces. Use this pork roast seasoning to create delicious creamy sauces and gravies recipes.
- For marinade recipes. Mix this seasoning with 2 tbsp of olive oil to create a delicious marinade for your pork meat.
Where to Find Pork Roast Seasoning?
If you don’t have all the ingredients for this pork roast seasoning or don’t want to make it at home, you can find it in almost any store around you or order it from Amazon.
More Seasoning Recipes
Pork Roast Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tsp salt
- Measure all the ingredients.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Transfer the seasoning mixture to a jar and store it until ready to use.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: