An easy Chicken Seasoning Spice Blend that I use for all my delicious chicken recipes. It’s the perfect combo of spices to add flavor to a whole chicken, chicken breast, or chicken thighs.
I love making homemade seasonings, and I usually keep them in jars and use them to make my favorite recipes.
If you cook chicken meat daily, I recommend you make a big batch and store this chicken seasoning blend in an airtight container for up to six months. You’ll use it quicker, trust me! It’s easy to make extra for future use.
This chicken dry rub is suitable for keto, low carb, paleo beacuse it’s sugar-free and monosodium glutamate free.
The Best Chicken Seasoning Mix Ingredients
No matter how you cook the chicken, this spice blend features all the seasonings you probably have in your pantry. Create a unique seasoning that brings the best taste in chicken without being overpowering.
Here are my favorite spices for chicken:
- 1/2 tbsp salt or more to taste
- cayenne pepper
- dried parsley
- black pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- turmeric powder
How to Use Chicken Seasoning
It’s easy to cook delicious and juicy chicken once you prepare this seasoning. All you have to do is to sprinkle it on the chicken just before roasting, grilling, or baking.
You’ll never return to store-bought poultry spices mix once you try this amazing chicken dry rub.
How to Cook Seasoned Chicken
I love cooking well-seasoned chicken in all its forms: baked, boiled, roasted, or grilled – especially whole chicken in an Airfryer! I’m always using a meat thermometer to be sure the meat is cooked. The chicken is safe to consume if the internal temperature reads 165°F.
Here are my favorite ways to cook juicy, tender poultry:
- Roasted – It’s best to bake whole chicken or should be roasted at 375°F in the oven for 20 minutes per pound. I cover it with foil for most of the time and then remove it until completely cooked. This way, you’ll get a delicious crispy skin.
- Baked – Seasoned and baked lemon garlic chicken legs can be brushed with olive oil and melted butter before seasoning. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 400°F for about 40 minutes.
- Grilled – Grilled chicken kabobs need 5-7 minutes per side.
If you’d prefer a non-spicy seasoning mix, omit the cayenne pepper and add a total of 2 1/2 tablespoons of sweet paprika. You can also use smoked paprika for a smoky-tasting chicken seasoning.
Other Homemade Seasoning Recipes
Chicken Seasoning Blend
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the chicken seasoning to an airtight container and store for up to 5 months.
- To season: Sprinkle a desired quantity over the chicken before cooking.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: