An easy Chicken Seasoning Spice Blend that I use for all my delicious chicken recipes. It’s the perfect combo of spices to add flavor to a whole chicken, chicken breast, or chicken thighs.
I love making homemade seasonings, and I usually keep them in jars and use them to make my favorite recipes.
If you cook chicken meat daily, I recommend you make a big batch and store this chicken seasoning blend in an airtight container for up to six months. You’ll use it quicker, trust me! It’s easy to make extra for future use.
This chicken dry rub is suitable for keto, low carb, and paleo because it’s sugar-free and monosodium glutamate free.
- What is Chicken Seasoning
- The Best Chicken Seasoning Mix Ingredients
- How To Make Chicken Seasoning
- How to Season Chicken
- How to Cook Seasoned Chicken
- Tools To Make Chicken Seasoning Blend
- Storage Instructions
- Other Homemade Seasoning Recipes
- Chicken Seasoning Blend
What is Chicken Seasoning
A chicken seasoning is a combination of herbs and spices used to season any type of chicken meat just before cooking. It’s an all-purpose chicken seasoning that adds great flavor to chicken breast, legs, whole chicken, wings, thighs, etc.
The Best Chicken Seasoning Mix Ingredients
No matter how you cook the chicken, this spice blend features all the seasonings you probably have in your pantry. Create a unique seasoning that brings the best taste to chicken without being overpowering.
Here are my favorite spices for chicken:
- 1/2 tbsp salt or more to taste
- cayenne pepper
- dried parsley
- black pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- turmeric powder
How To Make Chicken Seasoning
It’s effortless to make this chicken seasoning in just 5 minutes:
- Gather all the spices and mix them in a bowl.
- Transfer the seasoning to an airtight container and store it in a cool, dry place.
- When needed to season the chicken, use about 1 tablespoon per pound of chicken.
How to Season Chicken
You’ll never return to store-bought poultry spices mix once you try this amazing chicken dry rub.
It’s so easy to season chicken with this tasty homemade blend once you prepare the best seasoning for chicken. As a rule of thumb, you can use one tablespoon of chicken seasoning for a pound of chicken. It’s essential to use enough spice as there’s nothing worse than chicken that lacks flavor.
All you have to do is to sprinkle it on the chicken just before roasting, grilling, or baking.
Plus, the seasoning is not too salty, so you can control how much salt you include in your spice blends.
Here’s the best way to season chicken:
- Use paper towels to pat dry chicken on both sides.
- Brush your chicken meat with melted butter or oil.
- Generously sprinkle seasoning all over the meat and rub it using your hands.
- Cook the chicken breast in your favorite way.
How to Cook Seasoned Chicken
I love cooking well-seasoned chicken in all its forms: baked, boiled, roasted, or grilled – especially whole chicken in an Airfryer! I’m always using a meat thermometer to be sure the meat is cooked. The chicken is safe to consume if the internal temperature reads 165°F.
Here are my favorite ways to cook juicy, tender poultry:
- Roasted – It’s best to bake whole chicken or should be roasted at 375°F in the oven for 20 minutes per pound. I cover it with foil for most of the time and then remove it until completely cooked. This way, you’ll get delicious crispy skin.
- Baked – Seasoned and baked lemon garlic chicken legs can be brushed with olive oil and melted butter before seasoning. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 400°F for about 40 minutes.
- Grilled – Grilled chicken kabobs need 5-7 minutes per side.
If you’d prefer a non-spicy seasoning mix, omit the cayenne pepper and add a total of 2 1/2 tablespoons of sweet paprika. You can also use smoked paprika for a smoky-tasting chicken seasoning.
Tools To Make Chicken Seasoning Blend
You will need:
- measuring spoons,
- mixing bowls
- glass jars to store the mix.
Store chicken seasoning in an airtight container or spice jar in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months.
Other Homemade Seasoning Recipes
Chicken Seasoning Blend
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the chicken seasoning to an airtight container and store for up to 5 months.
- To season: Sprinkle a desired quantity over the chicken before cooking.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: