This pork chop seasoning is both sweet and smokey, the perfect seasoning for pork. It’s quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
Well-seasoned pork chops are definitely delicious for lunch and dinner. But what to season pork chops with for the best flavor? I highly recommend whipping up this pork chop seasoning recipe that transforms bland pork into a crowd-pleasing meal.
I prefer making the best seasoning for pork chops at home because it tastes better than store-bought pork chop seasoning and is less expensive. It takes less than 5 minutes to make, plus you can easily double or triple the recipe.
Whether you pan-sear pork chops, bake pork chops in the oven, or grill pork chops, this homemade dry rub is the perfect blend of sweet and savory spices.
What Is Pork Chop Seasoning?
Pork seasoning is a mix of dry spices and herbs that flavor various recipes. I assure you it will make them taste amazing!
Why Are You Going To Love This Pork Chop Seasoning
- It can be used for any cut of pork, but also season chicken breast, chicken thighs, or vegetables.
- Super customizable. Add more or less cayenne pepper.
- Ready in 5 minutes with just a few pantry ingredients
- Cheaper than store-bought seasonings
- Free of any additives or preservatives.
Pork Chop Seasoning Ingredients
You will need only six easy ingredients to create this delicious pork chop seasoning. I am sure you already have most of them in your pantry:
- Smoked Paprika – regular paprika may work, but I really enjoy the smokey flavor.
- Garlic Powder –
- Onion Powder – adds a sweet and savory flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper – this ingredient adds a spicy kick. You can replace it with chili powder or skip it if you don’t like spicy food.
- Ground mustard
- Brown Sugar is optional but adds a delicious sweetness that caramelizes when cooked.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make Pork Chop Seasoning
I love how easy it is to make this delicious pork chops seasoning; in only a few minutes, you can make the best pork seasoning you will ever try. Here is everything you have to do:
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar until well combined.
- Transfer the seasoning to a jar and store it until ready to use.
How To Season Pork Chops
It’s best to season the pork chops with this mix for at least an hour before cooking. This way, the meat has time to absorb the flavors.
To use this seasoning, sprinkle about one tablespoon of seasoning for every pound of pork chops. Then, distribute the dry rub evenly, so each part of the meat is equally flavored.
Tips and Variations
- You can use anything you have on hand. If you don’t have or like any of the ingredients, leave them out or substitute them with something similar.
- Because it’s faster and cleaner, I prefer to combine the ingredients in a jar. If you want the seasoning to have a fine texture, you can blend them.
- Pat dry the meat with a paper towel to help the pork seasoning stick to the meat.
How To Store
This pork seasoning will last longer if stored correctly since it is made from dry herbs and spices. It will last for 6 months or longer if kept in an airtight container in a dark, cool place.
How To Use This Delicious Pork Chops Seasoning?
This simple pork chop seasoning is great for tons of pork recipes if you want to do more than salt and pepper. It makes the best pork chops in the world:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Other Types Of Spices?
Sure, if you are not a fan of all the ingredients used in this recipe, you can replace them with others.
Is This Pork Chops Seasoning Sugar-Free?
Sure, a great thing about this seasoning recipe is that it doesn’t contain any added sugar.
Is This Pork Chops Seasoning Gluten-Free?
Definitely, this simple pork chop seasoning is a naturally gluten-free seasoning. This is a great seasoning recipe for everyone if you don’t know people’s dietary limitations.
What’s The Best Way To Get The Spice To Stick To The Pork Chops?
The spice will stick to the pork chops if you brush them with a little oil or melted butter. I prefer using olive oil, but any other vegetable oil will work.
Is This Pork Seasoning Salt-Free?
No, my pork seasoning recipe is not salt-free, but if you’re watching your salt intake, you can definitely reduce the amount of salt.
More Homemade Seasoning Recipes
- Easy Chicken Seasoning
- Easy Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
- 5 Minute Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Keto Taco Seasoning
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Pork Chop Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
- To season pork chops, sprinkle 1 tsp of seasoning per pork chop before cooking.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: